Jump to content
The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
MinJaBen

Carolina Hurricanes Sold

Recommended Posts

So reportedly Dundon has a 52 percent share with the option of purchasing the remaining 48% in 3 years.

 

Savy move by PK if he's looking to get a share of an expansion fee down the road, methinks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, JonKerfoot said:

 

Let us hope and pray that's true. Amen. ;-)

Jon, I've been waiting to see you back 'round these parts to ask: are you any relation to Alex of the Avs?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, coastal_caniac said:

So reportedly Dundon has a 52 percent share with the option of purchasing the remaining 48% in 3 years.

 

Savy move by PK if he's looking to get a share of an expansion fee down the road, methinks.

 

Maybe PK heard rumors of the arena upgrades in Seattle?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, coastal_caniac said:

 

Savy move by PK if he's looking to get a share of an expansion fee down the road, methinks.

Yeah, good point Coastal. Recent news out of Seattle sounds like that is the next team and sooner than 3 years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, coastal_caniac said:

So reportedly Dundon has a 52 percent share with the option of purchasing the remaining 48% in 3 years.

 

Savy move by PK if he's looking to get a share of an expansion fee down the road, methinks.

Or maybe he's going to tutor him. God help us...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, top-shelf-1 said:

Jon, I've been waiting to see you back 'round these parts to ask: are you any relation to Alex of the Avs?

 

Honestly, top, I don't know. We Kerfoots aren't a large group, by any stretch of the imagination, so we may well be. It's probably a distant relationship, if at all. My folks were from western Pennsylvania.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, JonKerfoot said:

 

Honestly, top, I don't know. We Kerfoots aren't a large group, by any stretch of the imagination, so we may well be. It's probably a distant relationship, if at all. My folks were from western Pennsylvania.

 

Okay, just curious. It is a name seldom seen. Alex is out of BC.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, coastal_caniac said:

Say what you want about PK but the man has A LOT of connections in the hockey world and may just quite actually be a benefit to having him around for a few more years in the background.

True, I think we've already shed the real problem, who is now in Pittsburgh. And with an HHOF/franchise player as GM and Dundon no longer working, I'm thinking/hoping he plans to be really hands on and to learn from the two men who have most years with this franchise.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know that everyone involved top to bottom insists that the team is not moving, but I'm at least somewhat reassured that PK is still so vested. I just think if he were selling to a carpetbagger type, he'd just sell it all. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Man, I'm sitting here daydreaming.  Like, what if I had $10B?  Wouldn't it be fun to play around with a sports franchise?

 

Dreaming...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, wxray1 said:

Man, I'm sitting here daydreaming.  Like, what if I had $10B?  Wouldn't it be fun to play around with a sports franchise?

 

Dreaming...

 

Being a billionaire isn't all it is cracked up to be tbh.

 

Not that I would know anything about being a billionaire though,  Just talking out of my *edit*.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, bluedevil58 said:

Not that I would know anything about being a billionaire though,  Just talking out of my *edit*.

 

And you want us all to believe you have Fat Stacks?

 

Get out, yo.

 

 

 

Edited by coastal_caniac
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

8 minutes ago, wxray1 said:

Man, I'm sitting here daydreaming.  Like, what if I had $10B?  Wouldn't it be fun to play around with a sports franchise?

 

Dreaming...

 

I'm glad I'm not the only one who does this....

 

2 minutes ago, bluedevil58 said:

 

Being a billionaire isn't all it is cracked up to be tbh.

 

Not that I would know anything about being a billionaire though,  Just talking out of my *edit*.

 

BD58, as a former co-worker used to say, "money can't buy you happiness, but I'd rather be miserable in the back seat of a Rolls than on the seat of a Huffy."

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, JonKerfoot said:

 

My fear is, Dundon doesn't have a history of sports-team ownership, so for him it will be just another business and he'll defer to PK's judgement in all things related to sport.

He may not have previous sport team ownership but he has already made a major impact in sports and put his stamp on it. The guy simply is all in for a quality product and his investments aren't put up front just to play with toys. As I am a golfer his mark on golf has been swift and the results have shown excellence. The AT&T Bryon Nelson classic has been around for years and was held at TPC Las Colinas. This May it will be held at the Trinity Golf Club where Dundon was one of the Developers.

Dundon was one of the developers in the creation of Trinity Forest Golf Club in southeast Dallas. The course was designed by Ben Crenshaw and Bill Coore, who oversaw the many changes to Pinehurst No. 2 before the 2014 U.S. Open and U.S. Women’s Open.

The PGA Tour selected Trinity Forest to host the AT&T Bryon Nelson, scheduled in May, as the tour shifted the tournament from TPC Las Colinas. Dundon is also a primary investor in the Top Golf national golf-entertainment chain; the closest location is in Charlotte.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, coastal_caniac said:

So reportedly Dundon has a 52 percent share with the option of purchasing the remaining 48% in 3 years.

 

Savy move by PK if he's looking to get a share of an expansion fee down the road, methinks.

Very shrewd move by PK. I would of preferred a smaller share for PK but my $20,00 didn't qualify for a vote.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, hopper915 said:

Pierre LeBrunVerified account @PierreVLeBrun

 

For the purpose of the purchase agreement, Hurricanes are being valued at just under 500 million with Dundon buying 52 percent of the team but it sounds like his buy-in isn't total cash, also includes taking on some debt

Crap, this is beginning to sound more and more like a late-term JR trade where he assumed a crapton of the traded player's salary for them to end up scoring goals on us!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don’t get it.  Several months ago when the topic of selling the team came up, PK put a price of $500m on the team.  No takers for that amount as PK said something to the effect of "I have to look out for my family."  As in taking care of his debt to his sons' trust fund?

So now, apparently, he agrees to sell for 52% of $500m ($260m).  If he had asked for $300-350m for the team in the beginning, he'd be ahead of the game by $100m or so.  Is his need to have partial control of the team worth that?:wacko:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, g105 said:

I don’t get it.  Several months ago when the topic of selling the team came up, PK put a price of $500m on the team.  No takers for that amount as PK said something to the effect of "I have to look out for my family."  As in taking care of his debt to his sons' trust fund?

So now, apparently, he agrees to sell for 52% of $500m ($260m).  If he had asked for $300-350m for the team in the beginning, he'd be ahead of the game by $100m or so.  Is his need to have partial control of the team worth that?:wacko:

But he also wanted to be involved.  That's going to cost something.  So, just selling for 350 and saying "I want to hang around" without having your neck on the line doesn't float.

 

Have to admit, when he said there were "other buyers", he wasn't kidding.  Although he used a different term which I can't dig up like "many" or "tons of" or something.

 

Edit:

Ah, dug some stuff up:

- "Hang around the edges" after selling.  At 48%, that's no hanging.  Perhaps the hope was to go in less and hang around.  So, deals change.

- "umpteen million": not the number of buyers, but rather the astounding growth in RTP.  

Edited by wxray1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, wxray1 said:

- "umpteen million": not the number of buyers, but rather the astounding growth in RTP.  

Here ya go, xray. "11 or 12." That would explain why PK thought the club was so valuable. He thinks three (or four) is 11 (or 12).

Edited by top-shelf-1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...