The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
MinJaBen

Carolina Hurricanes Sold

Liking the Press conference.. changes r a comin" :) 

Looks like he wants a winner and willing to back his money up to do it. Also like he kept saying "entertainment value".. hopefully get some real professional promotions.. a real music introduction that can get fans excited and building buzzing.. instead of the snore that precedes all games now

Bottom line still is winning- but do think we have significantly upgraded at ownership now

I say if we get in the playoffs, bring in the Scorpions to play our intro live. Would that not rock? They're still out there. Released a new album last year. Not bad either. I was so hoping for that during the SCF, but better late than never.

2 minutes ago, remkin said:

I say if we get in the playoffs, bring in the Scorpions to play our intro live. Would that not rock? They're still out there. Released a new album last year. Not bad either. I was so hoping for that during the SCF, but better late than never.

that would've rocked 30 years ago but Im sure they still have some energy left to give us.  

For any who didn't get it/haven't seen it, this "Letter from Tom" arrived via email a few minutes ago:

January 12, 2018
Caniacs,
As the opportunity arose to become the majority owner of the Carolina Hurricanes and I began analyzing the organization, the one thing that immediately jumped out to me was that with the collection of young talent already on the team, we can compete now. As I spoke to people from across the NHL, they all identified that core of young players, the head coach and the general manager as major assets. I am convinced that the Hurricanes not only have an opportunity to win now, but to be competitive year in and year out going forward.

In the recent months, I’ve spent a lot of time around the team, and we’ve worked to identify areas to better support our athletes and help improve our on-ice performance. Among the changes we can act on immediately will be adding resources for our training and analytical staffs, as well as finalizing a deal for a new state-of-the-art training facility for our athletes.

I’ve also been working closely with the team’s business staff, to increase the entertainment value for our fans at every game. We’ve developed many great ideas and we’re going to be extremely aggressive in our efforts to enhance the in-arena experience. I want PNC Arena to be absolutely rocking every night — a place you love to watch a game, our players love to play a game and our opponents fear.

In only a few months, I’ve quickly realized how much passion there is in this market for this team, and I take very seriously the responsibility to ensure that this community has the team and entertainment experience it deserves. I recognize and share the expectations you have for the Hurricanes, as well as the fact that we have not always met them. My commitment is to meet and exceed your expectations, and that starts now.

I really, really like this guy!

• Like 4

PK: don't mess with the hotdogs!

Overall, clearly PK is tired.  Nothing wrong with that.  At 55, I understand.  PK (at 74) sounds happy that someone who has some energy is taking over.

Edited by wxray1

When the email arrived on the heels of the press conference I said well that didn't take long.

" My commitment is to meet and exceed your expectations, and that starts now. "

You have to like his style

• Like 2

Sounds like we couldn't have done any better with regard to team ownership. 

How cool would it be to hear a new goal song tonight?  Easily done and it would be a readily noticeable indication that the times they are a changing! 

2 minutes ago, wxray1 said:

PK: don't mess with the hotdogs!

Overall, clearly PK is tired.  Nothing wrong with that.  At 55, I understand.  PK sounds happy that someone who has some energy is taking over.

After last nights game, and listening to Dundon, how can you not change the "trend" to "rising"?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, remkin said:

No need for patience. Let's get this thing rolling!!

New practice facility? Hmmm. Tavares might like that...;

I was thinking the same thing.  Although unlikely he goes anywhere but the Isles fans should have a decent scare from a team with:

A new practice facility

A new owner demanding to win

A young core that is better than your teams

A team that is close to the playoffs without him

the only real need to being a top level competitor is a number one center

Edited by gocanes0506

Dudon: "I was in Toronto, and that sucked."  This was the game where wxray1 lost his mind and broke his barometer.

I like this guy!

• Like 1

Dudon:

"We don't give people enough reasons to come."

"Maybe better food or cheaper parking"

"We need to give a reason to come."

I like this guy.

15 minutes ago, remkin said:

YES! Pre game mojo before the first playoff game. 

• Like 1

Cheaper parking would be a great start...coming out and tailgating with the fans would be another.

rehire Ron the Ref?

11 minutes ago, remkin said:

No need for patience. Let's get this thing rolling!!

New practice facility? Hmmm. Tavares might like that...

Or any other highly talented player. Among the changes we can act on immediately will be adding resources for our training and analytical staffs, as well as finalizing a deal for a new state-of-the-art training facility for our athletes.

He *really* wants some type of outdoor rink. Something to get the kids involved.

Changes are coming.  Start by firing Mr. W in my opinion.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, remkin said:

Never a better time to jump aboard the Hurricanes Express.

There was a rumor of a potential island just off the coast. Just a helicopter ride to the PNC.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, AWACSooner said:

Cheaper parking would be a great start...coming out and tailgating with the fans would be another.

rehire Ron the Ref?

See Ron all the time at games, AWACSooner, and he's just itching to get back. I too have missed him over these wantabees?

Also wanted to interject something I read over on Canes Country. Sorry I cannot transfer like some of you do, but this is it. Coming from blurb on Dondon. "We're going to do whatever we need to do to win- to have the best people and the most resources. There's really not a budget for that, it's just WHATEVER IT TAKES." That last embolden part sent shivers down my back as it reminded me of that magical 05-06 season, and their mantra, Whatever it takes.

Just now, slapshot02 said:

His time is very limited. One of the first to go.

Let's just say he mentioned PK, RF and the coaches, but not Mr. W.  Everything he talked about seems to be counter to Mr. W.

• Like 1