The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
OBXer

Off-Season Checkers talk

The Checkers sign another D-man

Checkers Sign Matt Finn by Nicholas Niedzielski

The 23-year-old was selected 35th overall in the 2012 draft by the Toronto Maple Leafs and has three pro seasons under his belt.

From Canes Country -Kyle Hagel three-time Checkers Man of the Year, has retired to join the coaching staff of the WHL’s Seattle Thunderbirds

Most of Francis' prospect moves and picks are now coalescing in Charlotte. I've posted it before, but I've never been more tempted to want to go catch a Checkers game. I cannot remember a time that we've had more serious prospects in Charlotte at one time. I'd want to see each of:

Saarela, Fleury, Kuokkanen, Gauthier, Roy, Smallman, McKeown, Foegle, Zykov, Wallmark, and Smallman. Every one of them has a really shot at the NHL. Then Nedeljovic and possibly Booth. And even Lorentz has gotten some attention.

Our depth is getting closer to home.

Reading where Checkers have elevated a coach from So. Carolina Stingrays to be an asst coach, Ryan Warsofsky. 30year old, apparently an "up and comer", who coached the Stingrays to Kelly Cup Final, and their 1st 40+ games won in years. Further, looks like he's got defensive acumen as team was great on penalty kill. Hmmmmm