The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
top-shelf-1

When will a deal for the Canes be finalized?

Will the Hurricanes sale be submitted for League approval...  

19 members have voted

1. 1. When will a final, mutually-agreed deal be submitted to the Board of Governors for approval?

• Before training camp opens.
    • Before the first pre-season game.
    • Before the regular season begins.
    • Later than the above, but in time for the December BOG meeting.
    • At some point after the December meeting, but by the end of the season.
    • After the end of the season--whether a month or a month of Sundays

Fourteen votes thus far, and fully half expect an agreed deal sometime after the regular season begins but before the BOG's December meeting. 21 percent (3 votes) say prior to the start of the season, and one vote each for before training camp and after the end of the season. 

I went with after the season, under the month of Sundays premise.  If i am to be honest, i don't think it happens.  Not this time.  I will happily put up with everybody pointing and laughing at me if i'm wrong, mind.

Deals only get done when there are inflection points.  The real inflection point is the BOG meeting, which happens infrequently.  So that's the only true deadline cause money won't get moved until the deal is approved by the BOG.

My biggest concern is the guys come out on fire and PK changes the price. The potential of that is why I think there a deal in place before the season starts.

15 hours ago, top-shelf-1 said:

My biggest concern is the guys come out on fire and PK changes the price. The potential of that is why I think there a deal in place before the season starts.

Good point.

An agreement for a deal may be in place now (in general) or it may be agreed upon before the season starts, but yet not be finalized until the BOG meets.

4 hours ago, super_dave_1 said:

An agreement for a deal may be in place now (in general) or it may be agreed upon before the season starts, but yet not be finalized until the BOG meets.

My understanding is that both parties must agree to everything before a deal goes to the League for approval. From WRAL, July 18:

"A legal review is underway at the moment, as attorneys comb through the deal before it becomes final. Gravley indicates that as of this moment, no red flags have been raised that would jeopardize the proposed deal from a legal standpoint. Once it gets the sign-off from the lawyers, it becomes a final binding agreement that would be submitted to the NHL Board of Governors for approval."

Anything to get out and away from PK. I don't like his business style of an organization cap when he knows we have to spend money to make money. Regardless, let's hope the deal goes through and is sealed before the trade deadline. Then, next year we see what he is willing to do to get a Stanley Cup ring. 

GO CANES!!!

• Like 1