The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
OBXer

Training Camp 2017

6 hours ago, OBXer said:

I suppose we all suspected this

This is beyond sad, and a player with so little concern for someone's long term health should be banned for life,whether it be one of our team's players or another team.

Peters video was informative.

he was impressed with the new guy of Kruger and TVR.  He mentioned TVR's gap control.  He also mentioned Nordstrom quite a bit when talking lines and play.  If I read that right Nordstrom will be in the 12. That leaves Jooris, McGinn, and others battling for the last forward spot.

BP mentioned putting the lines from last year together for the first 2 days.  Then he  has already planned swaps.

he mentioned Carrick as someone "not to overlook" for the last D slot.

lastly mentioned the play of Gregory Hofmann (our 4th round pick from 2011).  Interesting name drop.  He has only played in the Swiss A league.  C, 5'11 for those that haven't paid their google subscription.

1 hour ago, gocanes0506 said:

he mentioned Carrick as someone "not to overlook" for the last D slot.

Carrick seems to be a forgotten prospect, but at the 1 Chex game i finally made it to last season i was more impressed with Carrick & Chelios than i was with Fleury & McKeown.  Wouldn't mind seeing him get a good look in camp.

Day 2, Getting down to business.

Chip Alexander

Canes' Peters is more, um, vocal today in the first practice at PNC Arena. Getting his points across, loud and clear.

• Like 1

I just have to think that even though every team wants to start strong, this team needs it as much as anyone given our past. I don't know how much having key players and our coach late to camp affected things last year, but it is very encouraging to read how engaged everyone seems to be from the get go. Combine that with legend changing his avatar, and my usual pre-season optimism is even more brimming.:spin:

• Like 1

Its a long shot but BP seems to be more impressed with Necas.  Sounds like we got a good 1st round pick.  I doubt he makes the team but it sounds like he could push hard next season.

I'll be making my annual visit to training camp this Friday.  I always look forward to it and suggest any fan get to a day of it if at all possible.  It's a great way to spend about half a day, and ditching work is always a plus.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, super_dave_1 said:

I'll be making my annual visit to training camp this Friday.  I always look forward to it and suggest any fan get to a day of it if at all possible.  It's a great way to spend about half a day, and ditching work is always a plus.

Might see you there.  Wasn't that hump on the other side?

Edited by hag65

Twitter video is loading

Million Dollar Quote to question: If a trade does not unfold will you play here?

"I haven't looked that far. I'm taking it one day at a time."

As to tonight's game:

Lineup

Teravainen-Rask-Williams
Nordstrom-Kruger-McGinn
Foegele-Kuokkanen-Gauthier
Bishop-Poturalski-Jooris

Dahlbeck-McKeown
Carrick-Kichton
Samuelsson-Chelios

Nedeljkovic
Booth

Interesting to see if TT/Rask/Williams has chemistry. Really hoping that TT and Rask put things together this year.

I would also love to see that Foelele-Kuokkanen-Gauthier line. There is a lot of potential future there.

The D and Goalies, all 8 of them probably don't start opening night. (OK, Dahlbeck might, but it's our AHL D mostly).

Got to feel for Duchene.  Every question is about his future and his trade status.  I would hate to be in that spot and I know he doesn't like it.  

Fleury has sounded fairly solid so far. A trade could happen as we have a bunch of youngsters pushing for spots and could replace who we lose. I like our group and as long as he doesn't go to the Metro, I hope he gets moved.  

My reading so far is projecting Columbus as the leading team to acquire Duchene's talents!! I surely hope that's not the case for obvious reasons as it doubles the significance of the trade-- puts him directly in our division and we miss out on him. Wonder if Ron has viewed the trade in part as "defensive" on his part to keep another division foe from obtaining him? Does anyone on here see that as a legit reason for this trade?

Edited by KJUNKANE

1 hour ago, KJUNKANE said:

My reading so far is projecting Columbus as the leading team to acquire Duchene's talents!! I surely hope that's not the case for obvious reasons as it doubles the significance of the trade-- puts him directly in our division and we miss out on him. Wonder if Ron has viewed the trade in part as "defensive" on his part to keep another division foe from obtaining him? Does anyone on here see that as a legit reason for this trade?

Its an interesting thought.  If there were reports of a team that is even or below us in the metro getting him, I would be ok with the thought. We are already below CLB's talent so them getting Duchene doesn't hurt as much.  NYR, NYI, Was, etc getting Duchene would really suck as we would basically be stuck.  Forced to fight for 4th place all the time.  

Looks like the battle for the second spot in the crease in Charlotte is between Neds and Ouellette. Have to think that, with his experience, Smith is a certainty, and the idea was to have competition between two guys incentivized to stick in the A. Booth will be the backup in Florida for sure.

7 minutes ago, OBXer said:

Back on the ice

3 minutes ago

Nicolas Roy, in yellow noncontact jersey, is on ice for the second practice. Roy has been in concussion protocol.

Great news. It's a progression, so he has to skate without symptoms after. I'm not sure the exact protocol though, ie. how soon he could get into a game. It would be nice if he could get into at least one game.