• Justin Faulk
    • Elias Lindholm
    • Victor Rask
    • Jeff Skinner
    • Jaccob Slavin
    • Jordan Staal
    • Justin Williams
    • Other
  2. 2. Who SHOULD be the Hurricanes next Captain?

• Justin Faulk
    • Elias Lindholm
    • Victor Rask
    • Jeff Skinner
    • Jaccob Slavin
    • Jordan Staal
    • Justin Williams
    • Other

5 minutes ago, jb_online said:

The press conference won't load for me on either Safari or Firefox.

I had that problem the other night. With Firefox it was a permission thing. Worked it out and working now. IE worked the other night

• Like 1

Hands down the dumbest decision this staff has made since assuming their respective positions. Alternating A's is one thing, but you need ONE GUY as the C. And that guy is NOT Jordan Staal!

Either what happens in the room is very different from what we see, or seniority/ politics was more a factor than we realized.  By "politics" I mean trying not to do any harm from the decision in addition to trying to bring as much benefit from the decision.    

1 minute ago, LakeLivin said:

Either what happens in the room is very different from what we see, or seniority/ politics was more a factor than we realized.  By "politics" I mean trying not to do any harm from the decision in addition to trying to bring as much benefit from the decision.    

I thought all along Staal and Faulk would get the As but didn't see this coming. I guess Williams was a bad guess on my part

Did anyone else (who got the feed) think that RF didn't look all that pleased? I'm not saying I thought the looked the opposite, but he didn't seem to be particularly upbeat to me, either.  Not reading too much into that, just a  vague impression on my part.

Gotta believe that the thinking about Williams went something along these lines:

• he's not going to take offense at not getting a letter
  • he's going to provide significant leadership, letter or not
  • he may be a 2 year "temp" with the Canes whereas the others are likely long-timers

And maybe we didn't take seriously enough RFs and BPs statements about being happy with the leadership in the room last season.

I wonder why they didn't have Skinner on the podium with the other two? I could see limiting attendance if there had been multiple As, but why not have the entire crew up there? Would that have detracted from the distinction between C and A?

57 minutes ago, AWACSooner said:

My wife's 2 cents: This team's management is so predictable and boring!

Mine just put Hacksaw Ridge on pause and shouted: this team will regret it when Jeoffrey is leaving or his morals suddenly go down!

1 hour ago, AWACSooner said:

Hands down the dumbest decision this staff has made since assuming their respective positions. Alternating A's is one thing, but you need ONE GUY as the C. And that guy is NOT Jordan Staal!

I agree about one guy.  The bi-modal nature is weird.  Disagree about Jordan.

We are not in the room.  I think there is a lot more respect for him in the room that you would imagine.  I can't get into details why I feel this out of respect for the privacy of the guys on the team.

Edited by wxray1

Despite the reasons why i thought they shouldn't wait and announce it on opening night, there's your real reason - it would confuse everyone a week later when they roll out Faulk as the captain.

I'm not a fan of the co-captain thing at all, but happy they only have 3 letters this season.  I guess there's a reason Staal and Faulk were the ones who didn't alternate last year.  And obviously there's leadership in both of them that we don't see.  My happiest takeaway though is that the road sweater also has flags apparently.  Last i saw, the home was the only one that was going to have them.