The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
OBXer

Board Update and Changes Sept 2017

The Message Board has been updated by the NHL web provider. As in the past some issues, likes and dislikes might arise. If you have an issue or suggestion please post here and we will look at it. Please understand that some features may not be able to be changed but we will address all that are identified.

If you can't sign-on correctly to post but are able to access the messenger please send a PM to one of the mods outlining the difficulty. If you can't use the messenger there is a contact us link at the bottom of the  page. You can send a message that will be forwarded to a mod.

• Like 1

Hurricanes v4.2 theme on mobile device looks pretty rough at least for me. Seems like all the links across the top of the page aren't styled appropriately, so it ends up as a pretty long list of bulleted items until you get down into the actual board sections. Theme looks fine on my desktop and switching to default theme seems to work fine on my phone.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Stealth-ch1 said:

Theme looks fine on my desktop and switching to default theme seems to work fine on my phone.

I think that is the proper setting for most phones. Whatever works

• Like 1

The heart "like" icon seems incongruous to hockey. But who knows? Maybe there's a discussion board somewhere on the web, devoted to St. Valentine, with whip-and-chain like buttons. :lol:   

• Like 2

Makes you wonder if they had a couple of teens help with the update. Should have seen the other "like"- Emos OBXer already canned lol

• Like 1

The signature feature is now working  You can upload images to the signature feature. For those who don't want to see a signature there is a little x beneath the heart that allows you to turn off individual or all signatures. Hover your cursor over the area beneath the heart and the option appears

• Like 1

The heart emoj has been replaced with a thumbs up icon to like a post. Just

place your cursor over it and click.

Sorry Legend all the bird emotions have flow the coop

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, Caniac514 said:

:shakeshead: what's wrong with them?

I found the feature useful to express a reaction different from just "like"

Its all about finding a balance. The emotions like you just posted work pretty well to set a mood. I have noted your opinion and this decision can always be reviewed.

35 minutes ago, OBXer said:

The emotions like you just posted work pretty well to set a mood.

Thank you, OBXer.

IMO, it is a shorter/more compact and faster way to say "thank you" or "LOL" instead of adding an additional post and making a thread longer.

Does the (increased) number of posts bring some benefits? ;) :)

When you sign in if your board name has changed or you are being logged into a previous account send OBXer, remkin or Whaler a message

6 minutes ago, WilmingtonCaniac said:

"Remember me" isn't on the two devices I use.  Anyone else seeing this?

It is on my sign-on box.  maybe refresh your browser and see if it appears when you sign back in

58 minutes ago, legend-1 said:

Speaking of "Remember me" does it time out after 24 hours because it's not working the way I would imagine "Remember Me" should work. 

I'm not sure. It has been signing me out too.

18 hours ago, legend-1 said:

Speaking of "Remember me" does it time out after 24 hours because it's not working the way I would imagine "Remember Me" should work. 

It appears to me that  the Remember Me option on the sign-on box only remember the email you signed in with. You still have to click on it below the sign-on box. It doesn't look like the board will keep you signed in after you exit. I will try and figure out if there is a way to do that.

ADD: I bookmarked the page and I was signed in automatically.

1 hour ago, WilmingtonCaniac said:

It seems to be remembering me now.  Perhaps I've been a little lax in skipping the board for as much as 25 hours, not sure.  Will keep an eye on it.  Thanks for the feedback.

Well, apparently not on my smart phone.  Gotta watch my time on this too.  Sad when your phone is smarter than its owner.

Edited by WilmingtonCaniac