• Announcements

• OBXer

Use email address to sign-on   11/17/2016

If your email doesn't work for sign-on use contact us link at the bottom of the page to send us a message
OBXer

Preseason Games 2017

7th penalty already.  Woof.  We've dominated the play so far.

they scored on the PP.  2-1.  It was a 5 on 3 play and right when Gauthier came back on from the box, they scored.  

Edited by gocanes0506

The only thing more ridiculous than 18 penalties is the warning we got from new DPS chief George Parros:

"We used to be worried about headhunting and major things like that," Parros said. "Now we're worried about slashing and some more minor infractions, you might say. So the game's in a good place. There doesn't need to be a huge shake-up, a huge change in philosophy."

Actually, check that. One ridiculous thing trumps both of these: George Parros holding a position that is purportedly concerned with player safety. The League is blatantly making this office a joke. I hope League officials are yukking it up now, because at some point, in some courtroom, some lawyer will reference this appointment (and Chris Pronger as an assistant in the same department) as evidence that the League never took player safety as seriously as it should have.

4 minutes ago, top-shelf-1 said:

The only thing more ridiculous than 18 penalties is the warning we got from new DPS chief George Parros:

Actually, check that. One ridiculous thing trumps both of these: George Parros holding a position that is purportedly concerned with player safety. The League is blatantly making this office a joke. I hope League officials are yukking it up now, because at some point, in some courtroom, some lawyer will reference this appointment (and Chris Pronger as an assistant in the same department) as evidence that the League never took player safety as seriously as it should have.

Dude, I thought the same thing when he was appointed to this position...in fact, the only thing that could be worse at this point is to appoint Matt Cooke as the new sheriff when it comes time to hand down suspensions.

1 minute ago, AWACSooner said:

Dude, I thought the same thing when he was appointed to this position...in fact, the only thing that could be worse at this point is to appoint Matt Cooke as the new sheriff when it comes time to hand down suspensions.

Yeah, the only guy who did a good job in that office was Shanny, who did a great job. Stephane Quintal blatantly ignored hits to the head throughout his tenure, and Parros is utterly without clue. 

Just now, remkin said:

I must have missed it. No more time outs for gassed teams on icing? Just can't keep up.

New rule change...

1 minute ago, top-shelf-1 said:

You mean this Matt Cooke?

maxresdefault.jpg

(Gawd I love that picture)

Yes!!!  And I wish he had his head crushed in after what he did to Marc Savard

Well I'm not saying it's likely, but at least statistically 89 - 0 is still possible....:banana:

As Chuck just said, "Winning is a habbit."

OK. Here's the thing. The refs called 18 penalties. Crimey. So they're trying to enforce the letter of the law. Look, this could benefit us. But 9 slashing penalties? Fine. But they never continue this kind of statement in the regular season. So.....the calling things ultra tight in the preseason is a farce. But it influences the flow of these games for guys trying to make the team, just so the refs can try to make a point that everyone knows will disappear in a puff of smoke in the regular season. Seems like baying at the moon to me.

I LOVE the fact that John Forslund will call into the aftermath on a ridiculously early pre-season game. John Forslund is AWSOME. :love:

Apparently John thinks that stick fouls are going to "stick" for the season. (Pun is nine). remkin less sure.

But if not, then this preseason penalty fest is "ridiculous".

John with lots of love for Trevor Carrick tonight.

I will  be there in person to see Faulk, Lindholm, Necas, Ward, Staal in there tomorrow.

Forslund just said that Darling has a minor injury.

Forslund: "we have a plethora of prospects instead of one or two". No kidding, but somehow good to hear it from John.

Peters: "I want to see more of Rask Teravainen Williams 5/5."

I missed the third. How was booth?  

Probably see some larger cuts tonight/tomorrow?  Have the expected NHLers plus Carrick, Bean, Necas, Kuokkanen, Ned, plus other AHLers.  Send home more of the junior guys who aren't going to make it. I want to see tomorrow night:

Aho-Staal-Lindholm

Foegele-Necas-Stemp

PDG-Kuokannen-Smallman

Saarela-Brown-Schilkey

Darling in goal for a period

Booth or Hedvig in for 2 periods

New Unis on the Ice tonight? The flags return.

Helvig has been sent back to juniors.

Darling nursing a slight muscle pull

More cuts today?

How many of our Roster guys get to play?

I want to see the team quit messing around and ice the NHL team sooner than later.  Let's get ready and not be behind the eight ball again to start the season.

Edited by coastal_caniac