The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
OBXer

Preseason Games 2017

2 minutes ago, LakeLivin said:

I'm not sure about the legality of it, but I've got to believe that it would be a lot harder to move a player from N. America to an independent Czech league mid-season (or vice verse) than moving him between the AHL, ECHL, or Canadian juniors. 

Does anyone know if any NHL teams have a formal agreement with a Eurpoean team?  That's something I hope actually develops as a way around the stupid age rule that prevents the most talented prospects from playing in the AHL.  Widen the route that Matthews took to the NHL.      

My understanding is that all the pieces are there to permit it. There are some documents to swap between the orgs, with the Euro team "formally" loaning the player and the recipient loaning them back, or some such. (I half-read it, can you tell?)

We're playing seven preseason games, so I gotta think this the last look for the prospects who aren't staying. If Necas flies to Edmonton--wow. Gotta think that means Stemp's MRI portends an early-season absence.

What is the latest on Stemp? Wasn't is just billed as an abundance of caution? Do we know his injury?

I am completely on board that the team that flies to Edmonton better contain every healthy bodied player that is expected to start opening night.

It will be interesting to see what additional players hang on. I would think whatever depth we might need, PDG/Saarla/or Zykov or Walmark, and Fluery plus Dahlbeck. I just still wonder if they want to see any more of Necas too. So one or two of those guys might work in, but the wholesale yute viewing needs to end after tonight.

4 minutes ago, top-shelf-1 said:

My understanding is that all the pieces are there to permit it. There are some documents to swap between the orgs, with the Euro team "formally" loaning the player and the recipient loaning them back, or some such. (I half-read it, can you tell?)

I don't doubt it could be done, I just think it would be a lot more work, which I wonder if the franchise would want to undertake mid season. First off you'd have to get the Euro team to agree, which might not be the slam dunk that it is in the N American NHL "feeder system". I'm guessing that while most European teams would love to have a player like Necas even for part of a season, if it came to moving him mid season they'd also be considering things like existing team dynamics, long term player development (as pertains to their franchise, not NHL ones), etc.     

Saarela-Necas-Kuokkanen
Zykov-Wallmark-Gauthier

Those lines contain arguably our best 6 forward prospects all playing together. (Only Roy is missing, thanks cheap shot artist).

1 hour ago, LakeLivin said:

I don't doubt it could be done, I just think it would be a lot more work, which I wonder if the franchise would want to undertake mid season. First off you'd have to get the Euro team to agree, which might not be the slam dunk that it is in the N American NHL "feeder system". I'm guessing that while most European teams would love to have a player like Necas even for part of a season, if it came to moving him mid season they'd also be considering things like existing team dynamics, long term player development (as pertains to their franchise, not NHL ones), etc.     

He'd go back to his team in Czech, which, I believe, is defending its League championship, which he was instrumental in winning.

1 hour ago, remkin said:

What is the latest on Stemp? Wasn't is just billed as an abundance of caution? Do we know his injury?

I am completely on board that the team that flies to Edmonton better contain every healthy bodied player that is expected to start opening night.

It will be interesting to see what additional players hang on. I would think whatever depth we might need, PDG/Saarla/or Zykov or Walmark, and Fluery plus Dahlbeck. I just still wonder if they want to see any more of Necas too. So one or two of those guys might work in, but the wholesale yute viewing needs to end after tonight.

No, he was going for an MRI per the BP audio OBX posted yesterday. A host of aches adding up to "something not feeling just right," to paraphrase.

24 minutes ago, top-shelf-1 said:

He'd go back to his team in Czech, which, I believe, is defending its League championship, which he was instrumental in winning.

Hey, if we could swing it the more options the better, imo.

29 minutes ago, top-shelf-1 said:

No, he was going for an MRI per the BP audio OBX posted yesterday. A host of aches adding up to "something not feeling just right," to paraphrase.

Hmmm. Hard to know if that is better in two weeks, and even if not, after one week no more preseason games to prepare.

3 hours ago, LakeLivin said:

I see what you did there. :P

I will be particularly interested to see how the Necas, Kook, Saarela line, does, though.

Looking forward to this line as well, great speed and all have great hands.

52 minutes ago, remkin said:

Hmmm. Hard to know if that is better in two weeks, and even if not, after one week no more preseason games to prepare.

BP was down playing it but it didn't sound great to me. Stemper had an MRI due to back pain that then traveled to the hip and groin. Could be a lot of things but I'm hoping it is not a disc issue. Been there done that. Not a quick healing process.

So if Stempniak developed an injury after June that prevents him from playing this season, that means we exposed Connor Brickely when we didn't have to? :o  :P

Edited by LakeLivin

If I'm following this, one can in theory live stream this event completely legally through CSN's live stream page. HOWEVER, one has to log in using their cable provider and at the moment my provider, ATT Uverse in this area is feuding with none other than NBC, the parent company and as such, ATT Uverse is not an option and I am out of luck.

:kleenex:

6 minutes ago, remkin said:

If I'm following this, one can in theory live stream this event completely legally through CSN's live stream page. HOWEVER, one has to log in using their cable provider and at the moment my provider, ATT Uverse in this area is feuding with none other than NBC, the parent company and as such, ATT Uverse is not an option and I am out of luck.

:kleenex:

In theory, yes. In practice, I'm guessing it'll be blacked out for anyone trying to connect in our market. From Michael Smith's preview: "The puck drops at Capital One Arena at 7 p.m., and if you're a Canes fan in the CSN-DC broadcast region, you'll be able to find the game there."

1 minute ago, top-shelf-1 said:

In theory, yes. In practice, I'm guessing it'll be blacked out for anyone trying to connect in our market. From Michael Smith's preview: "The puck drops at Capital One Arena at 7 p.m., and if you're a Canes fan in the CSN-DC broadcast region, you'll be able to find the game there."

Oh, well in that case if feel better. As long as none of you Jablonski's can watch, I'm fine.

I keed.

26 minutes ago, LakeLivin said:

So if Stempniak developed an injury after June that prevents him from playing this season, that means we exposed Connor Brickely when we didn't have to? :o  :P

Could be the worst move of the off season.:blink:

20 minutes ago, remkin said:

Oh, well in that case if feel better. As long as none of you Jablonski's can watch, I'm fine.

I keed.

Good, because I'll have it, and will be watching.  No report for you.  :lol: