The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
OBXer

Preseason Games 2017

Ever since he scored that OT winner I've thought the same thing, Lake. No doubt he can make plays too, but that release is deceptive to the point of keepers only knowing he's shot when the puck is already behind them. The first one tonight, same thing.

OK finally got it to work on Chrome. Missed the first which after reading these posts I"m even more bummed about.

How has Rask looked? Darling?

As I mentioned after the Washington game TT looked great then too. The team skated well and transitioned well in that game too.

Just now, coastal_caniac said:

From the looks of one period, Pastor Bill has this squad dialed in.  I'm damn happy.  The skating and transition has been beautiful. 

Best period I've seen from this org in five years at least. The possession numbers will be off the hook. 

3 minutes ago, LakeLivin said:

I just turned it on as well.  How did our prospect line look?

Necas was okay on faceoffs, but really was the standout to me on that line.  They Oilers crew kept calling his name.

The Staal line has been dominant at even strength.

On D, no complaints, really nice fast breakouts.

Edited by coastal_caniac

8 hours ago, remkin said:

OK finally got it to work on Chrome.

How has Rask looked? Darling?

As I mentioned after the Washington game TT looked great then too. The team skated well and transitioned well in that game too.

Lindholm took at least one faceoff on the right side. Lost it, but have to think they've identified Rask's strong side as the left, particularly given the rule change at the dot, because now he can't use the Brindy method like he used to. Rask, Aho and somebody worked a neat play through the neutral zone on the left side of the ice with some slick passing to the half boards. The play was to get it back to Rask in the slot for what was a totally empty right half of the net, but that last pass was denied. 

Edited by top-shelf-1