Jump to content
The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
OBXer

Preseason Games 2017

Recommended Posts

We have had 6 of the 8 penalties.  Did we want to work on playing 5-4 through 1/3 of the game?  Killed them off.

 

as I type we scored a short handed goal between Ryan passing to Jooris

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well it is hard to really understand many things on the radio but Smith in goal sounds like he is playing really well.

 

a bunch of slashing penalties for the Canes. I think its 6 Canes penalties and 3 for Buffalo. 

If I heard right Fleury has a couple of turnovers.

Ryan is our only O so far. Scored one and primary assisted on Jooris' short handed goal( Ryan stole it at center to start a 2 on 1).

 

necas has made a couple of good O plays but hasn't led to a goal 

Edited by gocanes0506

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Chuck is sounding crustier and crustier.  :)  He's not a fan of the new rules, or enforcement.

 

As gocanes mentions below, he does like the color of the Sabres seats.  :)

Edited by wxray1
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dang Ryan was the only O tonight.  Scored the game winner.  TVR made a solid play in the D zone to get the puck from the Sabres and pass to Ryan.  TVR had a solid night on the radio (not sure how his positioning looked)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, coastal_caniac said:

Sounded like The Ryan Show with help from Nedelkovich saving the game earlier.

It was good to hear Nedelkovich had a good game.  Preseason or not, it is something.  I heard a bit of the start, and Smith was OK too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

LOL even Forslund called in after listening on the radio.

 

That being said, the conversation about Necas raised my eyebrows, coming from Forslund.  For those that didn't hear the abbreviated Aftermath, Forslund substantiated the tweets Chip has made on the impression Necas has made in camp, catching the staff off guard, with how advanced he is in his smarts and skills.  Could be something or nothing, but I hadn't expected that high praise when I thought it was a done deal he was going back to the Czech league.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Didn't catch him coastal, so thanks. Really can't hazard a guess who he could force out or down,can you? Suppose if he falters, Rask could move, but 3C seems to be DR??

Edited by KJUNKANE

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, KJUNKANE said:

Didn't catch him coastal, so thanks. Really can't hazard a guess who he could force out or down,can you? Suppose if he falters, Rask could move, but 3C seems to be DR??

If, IF, Necas makes it, Ryan should be on his right. As he proved tonight, he'll need some help with faceoffs.  Also advice on the position as well. My guess is forcing Stemp down to the fourth line with Kruger and Nordy.

 

 Necas' play making would be something to see feeding Skinner.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, gocanes0506 said:

If, IF, Necas makes it, Ryan should be on his right. As he proved tonight, he'll need some help with faceoffs.  Also advice on the position as well. My guess is forcing Stemp down to the fourth line with Kruger and Nordy.

 

 Necas' play making would be something to see feeding Skinner.

FWIW, Chuck interviewed RF in the 1st intermission and RF guessed that - "if Necas doesn't make the big club" - he'll opt to play in the Czech Republic. 

 

Speaking purely for myself, I don't care how ready he looks. He's 18 years old. With the depth we now have and given what the NHL schedule clearly did to both Lindholm and Hanifin at the same age, there's no reason to rush this kid and take the chance that the schedule (and/or the full-grown men he will play against) kick his @ss. Yeah, he's 6-1--but he's also a buck 78 in weight.

 

Maybe the team convinces him to play in CLT to get used to the longer sked, rougher play, and difficult travel, all of which are night-and-day compared to what he's seen up to now: a 14-team league traveling within a country so small you can fit SEVEN of them inside Texas.

 

If he plays in CLT he could maybe be a late-season call-up, but IMO, the potential downsides of putting him on the NHL roster out of camp make it a needless risk. 

 

Edited by top-shelf-1
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Only listened to the 1st period on my phone last night...other than the enforcement of the "love taps" now, it appears that we've got some GREAT competition for the 3rd D-line and 4th O-line...and it will be that way all...season...long. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, top-shelf-1 said:

FWIW, Chuck interviewed RF in the 1st intermission and RF guessed that - "if Necas doesn't make the big club" - he'll opt to play in the Czech Republic. 

 

Speaking purely for myself, I don't care how ready he looks. He's 18 years old. With the depth we now have and given what the NHL schedule clearly did to both Lindholm and Hanifin at the same age, there's no reason to rush this kid and take the chance that the schedule (and/or the full-grown men he will play against) kick his @ss. Yeah, he's 6-1--but he's also a buck 78 in weight.

 

Maybe the team convinces him to play in CLT to get used to the longer sked, rougher play, and difficult travel, all of which are night-and-day compared to what he's seen up to now: a 14-team league traveling within a country so small you can fit SEVEN of them inside Texas.

 

If he plays in CLT he could maybe be a late-season call-up, but IMO, the potential downsides of putting him on the NHL roster out of camp make it a needless risk. 

 

I agree with all you have said.  Knowing GMRF makes smart decisions, Necas must seriously be impressing the staff for them to even consider him.  Based on GMRF's points after the draft he was going back to the Czech league this season.  Necas has flipped their opinion quickly and they must believe he can score in bunches now.  We know we don't have to rush him but his play is saying we aren't rushing him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...