The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
OBXer

Preseason Games 2017

2 minutes ago, surfzone365 said:

Any wagers going on for where the Ageless Wonder will sign, if anywhere in the NHL?

He won't sign anywhere

Just now, OBXer said:

He won't sign anywhere

You may be right. You'd think someone would have scooped him up by now. I still think he can contribute to a team until we see notable drop-off.

8 minutes ago, gocanes0506 said:

23-11 hits for the Capitals. It is concerning.

The Cap kid are trying to get noticed and stick. Our guys are trying to skate but not get hurt. If the trend happens in the early going of the season I will get worried.

Just now, OBXer said:

The Cap kid are trying to get noticed and stick. Our guys are trying to skate but not get hurt. If the trend happens in the early going of the season I will get worried.

If it was only one game I would agree with you.

11 minutes ago, surfzone365 said:

You may be right. You'd think someone would have scooped him up by now. I still think he can contribute to a team until we see notable drop-off.

I really have no idea. I just read there is a team or two still looking at him. It's possible he will have to wait to later in the season when the playoff push starts. I will bet a few teams will have interest in him then.

Power-less play aside, this has been a decent game for the boys thus far...other than a few boneheaded passes.

Listening to the Craps announcers on NHL Network is giving me an ulcer!

1 minute ago, AWACSooner said:

Listening to the Craps announcers on NHL Network is giving me an ulcer!

Glad someone else knows what I have to listen to ?? Craig Laughlin and Joe Beninati are OK guys but it's the Caps... 

Edited by surfzone365

Darling only saw 19 shots today.  That is a good display by the D. TVR made some very good defensive plays, I am pleasantly surprised about his acquisition.  

I am concerned about our lack of physicality and the lack of 5v5 goals by forwards.  But it is the preseason.

it will be interesting to see the opening night lines.  Williams has played on the top 3 lines.  Who is the young forward that stays?  Do we stick with Pesce with Hanifin or go back to last season's pairings?