The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
OBXer

Preseason Games 2017

I found myself following Hanifin most of the night.  I really liked what I saw.  He's a different player from last year.  And an NHL shot is really starting to show up.

The D was rock solid.

Of the kids, I thought McGinn made a bit of a statement tonight.  He factored in [without an assist] on the first goal battling in front of the net, was engaged in the play, was physical when he could and didn't make the past mistakes of trying to lay the big hit while the play went the other way. Nice all around game.

Briscoe wit the .947.

One week and 20 minutes to puck drop.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, OBXer said:

What are we seeing we don't like?

I didn't like Kuok on the PP in the first. He was on the RW and was late several times for a pass from the goal line to put it in the gaping net. Maybe it'd be easier if he was RHS. Still, I think he should be in the opening line-up, he looked good overall.

I also noticed some one-pass-too-many situations, a couple from Hanifin. I agree he was solid, but shooting more pucks is what I expect of him this year.

Edited by RyazanCaniac

8 minutes ago, RyazanCaniac said:

I didn't like Kuok on the PP in the first. He was on the RW and was late several times for a pass from the goal line to put it in the gaping net. Maybe it'd easier if he was RHS. Still, I think he should be in the opening line-up, it was just preseason.

I also noticed some one-pass-too-many situations, a couple from Hanifin. Shooting more pucks is what I expect of him this year.

I really liked Kuok's play last night. I didn't really key on him but I liked what I saw. I'm not sure he can stick this season but he is playing well enough to get an extended look.

I thought Hanifin looked really good.  I will go our on a limb and state he may have 40 to 50 points this season.  If it was Ward in goal last night we would have been out of the game in the 1st.

Nothing really monumental in the post game.  He thought all the young guys played tired.  He didn't name Darling his starting goalie.  He says Sunday's practice is special teams day.  They haven't spent any time on 5 on 3 or 4 on 3. 

And you still can't hear the questions in these interviews.  Is this 2017?  Just checking...

I missed the game last night.  Thanks for the thoughts and update from ya'll.  

One Week Left.

• Like 1

Briscoe is a big ol boy.

Necas needs some of Aunt Bee's cooking.

McGin has a little Ernest T Bass in him.

Williams sure looks like Andy Taylor on the ice to me.

• Like 1

Thing really seem to be coming together. I agree, JWilly is like an enzyme, just makes the whole reaction happen better and faster. If we get the goaltending then that whole side of the ice will be fine, especially if Hanifin keeps it up and Faulk is at least close to an even player. It will be interesting to see what happens with the yutes vying for that Stemper short term shot. I thought TT looked amazing, so I really hope he's back on schedule.

I'd have liked to have seen us ice our real team at least one more game, but hopefully the rust is off. A good start on top of this preseason would be just immense.

I can't stop saying it, but our future cupboard is jam packed too. I'll predict the Kuokanen will remind people of Aho by next year. Maybe not quite as good, but an NHL player.