The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
OBXer

Preseason Games 2017

2 minutes ago, coastal_caniac said:

I want to see the team quit messing around and ice the NHL team sooner than later.  Let's get ready and not be behind the eight ball again to start the season.

I'm hoping this game will end the experimentation phase and we'll see the group get down to the team and the ones pushing to be on the team, with the game time going to the NHL group and the rest getting the practice time with the others.

11 minutes ago, coastal_caniac said:

I want to see the team quit messing around and ice the NHL team sooner than later.  Let's get ready and not be behind the eight ball again to start the season.

Can't remember where I heard it or who said it (BP, RF?), but I remember the leadership saying the plan was the first 3 games to be heavy on prospects, and then the last 3 being heavy on the final roster.  The Saturday game I guess is up for grabs.

• Like 1

Tonight

55 minutes ago

forward lines

Aho-Staal-Lindholm

Skinner-Ryan-Miller

Di Giuseppe-Necas-Brown

Hofmann-Wallmark-Smallman

Cam Ward will start for the tonight. 30-30 or 40-20 split with Jeremy Smith, Peters said.

Darling and Stempniak both a little dinged, Peters said. don't want to rush either. Plenty of time before Oct. 7.

I think we'll see this be the last big experiment game.

after today Im hoping for 2 lines of regulars and lines of nhler / possibles for O, 2 lines of D (Fleury and TVR need to play most nights and 1 possible line), and a NHL goalie for 2 periods with 1 going to Ned/Booth for the next 2 games.  Let the last 2 games be 90% - 95% nhlers

I sure hope Darling is just "dinged", don't want to start that crap already with him having some "nagging injury" as his excuse this season.  Ok, Ok, I got to settle down, everything is going to be good, we are 2-0 in pre season so that's a good sign off the bat and Darling is going to be fine very very soon.

11 minutes ago, gocanes0506 said:

I think we'll see this be the last big experiment game.

after today Im hoping for 2 lines of regulars and lines of nhler / possibles for O, 2 lines of D (Fleury and TVR need to play most nights and 1 possible line), and a NHL goalie for 2 periods with 1 going to Ned/Booth for the next 2 games.  Let the last 2 games be 90% - 95% nhlers

I expect we will see most of the opening night roster players dominating the lineup after tonight. The exception is probable the 5-6 D pair and fourth line. I think that competion will go down to the wire. I would also expect to see some in-game line juggling in the last three exhibition games as coaches look for that  often over used idiom "chemistry".

9 minutes ago, danimal-ch1 said:

I sure hope Darling is just "dinged", don't want to start that crap already with him having some "nagging injury" as his excuse this season.  Ok, Ok, I got to settle down, everything is going to be good, we are 2-0 in pre season so that's a good sign off the bat and Darling is going to be fine very very soon.

Everything I read seems to point to a minor muscle tweak. Darling should be fine IMO

The three games in a row had to be split squads, but I do hope that things pare down before the next one at Washington, and we need to play the last 3 with the vast majority of regulars. Last year they kept looking at the kids until just about the last game.

If they want to keep around a standout and a couple of "first call up" guys, fine, but the rest need to get culled way sooner than last year.

24 minutes ago, remkin said:

. Last year they kept looking at the kids until just about the last game.

If they want to keep around a standout and a couple of "first call up" guys, fine, but the rest need to get culled way sooner than last year.

Right.  And darn it, I can't remember the source, but this was what was addressed in a question, and leadership said this year the final games would be much closer to final roster.

Last year was a mess because BP was off in The Worlds.

NO EXCUSES this year.

Lineup with D pairs

Aho-Staal-Lindholm
Skinner-Ryan-Miller
Di Giuseppe-Necas-Brown

Hanifin-Pesce
Fleury-Slavin
Bean-Robertson

Ward
Smith

Aho-Staal-Lindholm
Skinner-Ryan-Miller
Di Giuseppe-Necas-Brown

Hanifin-Pesce
Fleury-Slavin
Bean-Robertson

Really excited to see that top line. Also excited to see Necas. Also excited to see Miller.....wait, who? Had to look him up. 29 yo guy w/15 NHL games. OK. One game for you.

I also want to see Walmark/Smallman.

Interesting D pairs though. Looks like Slavin on his off side with Fleury. Get to look at all of our prime young LHD and LHD prospects in one game.

1 hour ago, OBXer said:

Looks like we can watch the game tonight

Watch: Hurricanes.com

I wouldn't lay big money on that, it's CanesVision.

Remember last year they said the same thing - it will be streamed on CanesVision - only to find out if you lived anywhere in the state except Raleigh you were not getting a stream.

Edited by coastal_caniac
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, coastal_caniac said:

I wouldn't lay big money on that, it's CanesVision.

Remember last year they said the same thing - it will be streamed on CanesVision - only to find out if you lived anywhere in the state except Raleigh you were not getting a stream.

Their IT team should be fired then.  

1 hour ago, bluedevil58 said:

Their IT team should be fired then.  

Does make one wonder how PK made any money at all in IT, right?! I have a feeling that if this sale goes thru, particularly given Goodmon's influence on Greenberg, the Canes' in-house production and overall media operation will get a whole lot better, very fast. Then again, the studio phone number listed for WRALSportsFan on WRAL's own site connects to an out-of-service number--so, there's that.

2 minutes ago, AWACSooner said:

https://www.nhl.com/hurricanes/video/live-lightning-at-hurricanes/t-277437094/c-52764303
And I'm not getting squat for video except a nice screen of Caniac red...

You were not going to see this in Oklahoma anyway, they have already stated within the Canes market only.  You've been geo-blocked.

2 minutes ago, AWACSooner said:

Also, are we gonna have the chat function back up by the start of the season, or is it perma-gone?

No it was a eliminated by the NHL web gurus