The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
OBXer

Charlotte Checkers 2017/18

Vellucci on Marcus Kruger and Josh Jooris making their Checkers debut
I thought it went good. I didn’t put either of them on the power play tonight because we have set forwards on the power play but the penalty killed a lot tonight. They did a great job in a game like this with so many penalities

Zykov and Foegele continue to rack up the points this year.

As i mentioned yesterday, Booth isn’t getting a shot yet. Doing bad in practice, maybe? Illness? Im not sure why else he isn’t given a shot on a B2B

6-0 Checkers last night.  They kept Hartford to 15 shots all game.  2, 4, 9 in that period order.  

Wallmark scored on the PP, 1 a

Kuokkanen 2 goals, 1 a

Zykov 1 g, 1 a

Jooris 1 a

booth still hasn’t seen the ice outside of clean up duty. (Why not?) It has seemed to spark Ned’s competitive side though.  

Edited by gocanes0506

At some point we need to get Zykov up here. Wouldn't mind a peak at Foegele either, more just to wet the appetite for next year.

And McKeown is a plus 31 for crying out loud. And he has 5 goals. Need to see him up here at some point so we can feel better about trading Faulk.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, remkin said:

Hmm. I had wondered if Smallman was still around. At the start of the year he wasn't on the Florida roster. Eventually we have to find a goalie from our drafts don't we? Or at least one that stays with the team.

Smallman was hurt, has had a long recovery road.

Edited by gocanes0506

Also, while it would be nice if the Checkers overall record were a bit better, they are #3 in the AHL in goals for, which is nice given our need for goals.

Checkers won in overtime.  Zykov scored two more for 27 total.  Saarela scored his 20th of the season.

Mckegg is a PPG player for Charlotte. 2 assists and a plus 1 in 2 games!!!  Deadline move for the win.

Guess who scored again last night in the Checkers 4-3 win?  

Zykov, 28th, and Foegele, 24th.  Foegele has 40 points and is a +19, a sharp contrast to Zykov's -15.  

Samuelsson and McKeown both with in the + last night to add to their ridiculous +/- stat.  

AND!!!!!!  McKegg kept up his PPG status with another assist last night!   

48 minutes ago, gocanes0506 said:

Guess who scored again last night in the Checkers 4-3 win?  

Zykov, 28th, and Foegele, 24th.  Foegele has 40 points and is a +19, a sharp contrast to Zykov's -15.

And guess who didn't score last night?

Every Hurricanes not named Teuvo or Jordan.

It's a shame Zykov and Foegele aren't good enough to play more than 6 minutes in the NHL because the Hurricanes could certainly use their scoring.  Zyvok's bad +/-  gives me pause but at the same time the Hurricanes have a few guys with really bad +/- and most of them aren't scoring.

4 minutes ago, gocanes0506 said:

Hey realm guess who scored two more tonight.  Yep it is Zykov. Had an assist as well.

30 goals for Zykov. 30!

Excellent!  I hope the next GM thinks some of the guys in the system are good enough to play more than 6 minutes a game.  The last one didn't.  It's a shame because Zykov looked pretty good in his brief NHL audition last season.