The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
gocanes0506

In Season 2017-18 Talk

So it has begun!

We still need to find out where Williams plays, who replaces Stempniak for the time being, and who starts in goal.

Tuesday evening we should know the official roster.  It is due to the league then. 

Edited by gocanes0506
  • Like 1

I've semi-worried BP will leave it to another goalie competition to make Darling earn it but frankly let's just move on. I'm not even mad at Cam he gave us some good years the team didn't cash in on but it's just time to hand over the mantle.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, coastal_caniac said:

Who starts in goal is the last question on my mind, that seems pretty well etched in concrete.

Y'all would think so but BP was non commital.  

1 hour ago, gocanes0506 said:

Y'all would think so but BP was non commital.  

I can't push everything that's led up to opening night to improve the net aside, so we can wonder who the starter is because PB didn't answer a question.

I've moved on. :D

Briscoe's gear is the bomb.

I really think Bill Peters acting like there's a competition is in deference to Cam and his service. If anybody other than Scott Darling is in net opening night I would be very surprised.

Its the coaches prerogative to name the starting goalie. With a week of training camp/practice left why in the world would he name the starter now. Everyone in the room knows or suspects who the starter is but keep them guessing anyway. I suspect Peters doesn't want any player to have a sense of entitlement.

I'm more interested in who will be the captain, who gets cut by Tuesday and what in the world is wrong with Stemper.

11 minutes ago, OBXer said:

Its the coaches prerogative to name the starting goalie. With a week of training camp/practice left why in the world would he name the starter now. Everyone in the room knows or suspects who the starter is but keep them guessing anyway. I suspect Peters doesn't want any player to have a sense of entitlement.

I'm more interested in who will be the captain, who gets cut by Tuesday and what in the world is wrong with Stemper.

I'll add: who will be the Alternates? And did we learn what's up with TT?

Briscoe will wear that sweet red equipment and skate out to take the crease next Saturday.  Why does PBP even need to address that?

Grass is green

Water is wet

Bacon is tasty

Briscoe is the starter

Edited by super_dave_1
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, bluedevil58 said:

Why is his nickname Briscoe?  Can't ir be shooter McGavin or something that delivers comic relief?

Meet Briscoe Darling. Very respected man in the South. Image result for briscoe darling

33 minutes ago, LakeLivin said:

And did we learn what's up with TT?

A little banged up. Expected to be available on starting night. Something like that.

43 minutes ago, super_dave_1 said:

Briscoe will wear that sweet red equipment and skate out to take the crease next Saturday.  Why does PBP even need to address that?

Grass is green

Water is wet

Bacon is tasty

Briscoe is the starter

When directly asked, BP didn't name the starter.  You would think bringing in Darling (sorry not doing the Briscoe thing) he would be the no doubt starter.  Why not just say it?  Its odd.

• Like 1

Preseason stats

Briscoe 2gp .925 sv%. 1.5 gaa 

Wardo 3gp .882 sv%. 3 gaa 

Maybe PBP thought the question was a joke

6bc4d2e0b8e928c5a348d3abbe925556.jpg

Edited by super_dave_1

11 hours ago, LakeLivin said:

And did we learn what's up with TT?

I'm of the opinion that nothing is wrong with TT at all.

With five points in three games, he's clearly ready to go. I think the minor injury thing was a ploy to (1) enhance the competition among prospects, and (2) give TT the last two games off. He looked like he was in mid-season form vs. the Oil. 

Now that my Sunday’s are free from NFL, time to talk hockey.  

It will be interesting to see if the PK is solid again this season, and if the PP is any better. Goal or no goal, from what I saw there was better puck movement and setting up on the PP, but a long way from impressive. Granted, I haven’t seen all preseason games. If I am missing anything glaring that gives us hope on the PP, I’m all ears ?? (or eyes ?)

Edited by surfzone365

I thought the PP has been better. TT has been good and I think we missed him in the Cap game. Hanifin's shot seems heavier and his reluctance to shoot seems to have disappeared. I'm not sure how much we will use him on the PP but it is good to add him to the arsenal. I'm a little more concerned with our PK than the PP this season.

6 minutes ago, OBXer said:

Hanifin's shot seems heavier and his reluctance to shoot seems to have disappeared. I'm not sure how much we will use him on the PP

He was on the second PP unit the entirety of last season and all of preseason when he played.

31 minutes ago, coastal_caniac said:

He was on the second PP unit the entirety of last season and all of preseason when he played.

Like I said Hanifin's shot seems heavier and his reluctance to shoot seems to have disappeared..Apparently I have the attention span of a snail :wacko:

I did only see one Pre-season game in its entirety so I really wasn't sure. So there is that. Grasping at straws here :shifty: