The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
gocanes0506

In Season 2017-18 Talk

1 hour ago, G50 said:

I'm not willing to give up on this season, especially not after the dream I had last night that gave me a boost in hope.  Not sure I want to reveal the details of it just in case it's just a dream and not a possible premonition on the Canes' final week of the season.

I suggest that we all hang in there, and continue to have hope. Do not give up until we are out of it. 

Take us to the promised land o sayer of sooth.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, WilmingtonCaniac said:

Thus sayeth Tug McGraw.  Works for me too.

I was lucky enough to be in Philly for the Phils' 1980 Championship. Tug was one-of-a-kind. 

19 hours ago, top-shelf-1 said:

I was lucky enough to be in Philly for the Phils' 1980 Championship. Tug was one-of-a-kind. 

*slaps glove on thigh repeatedly*

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Whaler1 said:

Zykov recalled

Wish they'd have brought him up a couple days ago to give him more time to work with our PP group before tomorrow.  But better late than never.

1 hour ago, Whaler1 said:

Zykov recalled

Send Ned with him. He just scored a goal for the checkers. If our goalies can't stop 'em, send up

:RedLamp: one that can score them 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, KJUNKANE said:

I'd say that if the Canes were 1/2 as consistent as some posters, we'd be in the playoffs by now.

I agree that level of posting on social media is the best measure of Fan Interest.  (Sarcasm Alert.... if you needed it)

11 hours ago, KJUNKANE said:

I'd say that if the Canes were 1/2 as consistent as some posters, we'd be in the playoffs by now.

I have been going to Canes games since they played in Greensboro.  I have every right to voice my discontent about how this franchise has been ran.  I was duped into thinking this was the year then I see the team drop another goose egg once again.  The thing that really sent me over the edge was the big shake ups this team performed at the trade dead line.  It's amazing how so many on here change their tune so quickly.  For the past 3 - 4 years I have heard nothing but praises about GMRF.  How he is this glorious GM.  How I just need to be patient. I and others were criticized for criticizing him.  Not so much at the goalie situation but more on the Hall and Eric Staal situation.  How we traded away a 1C and years later still don't have one is a disgrace.

I won;t bring up the goalie situation because nobody thought Darling would suck this bad including myself.  I was told constantly the last 4 years how he will right the ship and I just need to wait and see Yet here we are.  This owner better do something.  Otherwise we are going to see this team in Houston 10 years from now.

Edited by bluedevil58

1 hour ago, bluedevil58 said:

I have been going to Canes games since they played in Greensboro.  I have every right to voice my discontent about how this franchise has been ran.  I was duped into thinking this was the year then I see the team drop another goose egg once again.  The thing that really sent me over the edge was the big shake ups this team performed at the trade dead line.  It's amazing how so many on here change their tune so quickly.  For the past 3 - 4 years I have heard nothing but praises about GMRF.  How he is this glorious GM.  How I just need to be patient. I and others were criticized for criticizing him.  Not so much at the goalie situation but more on the Hall and Eric Staal situation.  How we traded away a 1C and years later still don't have one is a disgrace.

I won;t bring up the goalie situation because nobody thought Darling would suck this bad including myself.  I was told constantly the last 4 years how he will right the ship and I just need to wait and see Yet here we are.  This owner better do something.  Otherwise we are going to see this team in Houston 10 years from now.

lighten-up-francis-22862786.png.1d792547b8e9f66d79d982fd9c2a0398.png

Oh he who knows more than everyone.  Yes, you have beat the "we suck" drum louder than anyone, and congratulations, we suck.  As for GMRF, it was time for him to go.  He was the right GM for Karmanos who wasn't going to spend.  He was building towards that eventuality.  I thought he had done a good job, up until he basically didn't do anything major over the summer or during this season when it was so obvious that moves needed to be made.  No straight up hockey trades in 4 years is not acceptable.  Dundon is a different type of owner. 

We'll just have to agree to disagree on EStaal.  My memory isn't selective.  On Hall, who knows if we were in the conversation.  It's easy to sit on the outside and after the fact say "He should have swapped player X for player Y.

edit: Even you admitted that you couldn't imagine Darling sucking to the level of suckitude that he has.  If he had just played ok, this team would be in a playoff position.  Even then, this isn't/wasn't a team that was going far in the playoffs.  Too many players that accept losing.

Edited by super_dave_1

It would be interesting to know what deals Francis turned down, especially what Faulk, Hanifin or Fleury returns were offered. Probably never know, but it would be interesting.

From the outside looking in, it seems that Francis was scared that he'd trade a prospect for immediate help and that guy would turn out to be good somewhere else.

49 minutes ago, super_dave_1 said:

From the outside looking in, it seems that Francis was scared that he'd trade a prospect for immediate help and that guy would turn out to be good somewhere else.

Yeah, I sorta got that impression, too, s_d. Too afraid that people would say that a trade failed because the guy we brought in wasn't replacing what left.

Heeeeeeyyyyyy, wait a minute.... ;):lol:

Edited by JonKerfoot
emoticons

1 hour ago, remkin said:

It would be interesting to know what deals Francis turned down, especially what Faulk, Hanifin or Fleury returns were offered. Probably never know, but it would be interesting.

Well according to the rumor mill, We'd have at least Taylor Hall and Matt Duchene.  Lol imagine those two guys paired with Aho!

1 hour ago, PenaltyKiller17 said:

Well according to the rumor mill, We'd have at least Taylor Hall and Matt Duchene.  Lol imagine those two guys paired with Aho!

Duchene was not universally loved here, even Hall. But if we had Faulk for Hall on the table and passed? Not good. 

1 hour ago, PenaltyKiller17 said:

Still not sure how reasonable Sakic would have been with us around a Duchene deal, but in the summer of '16 the Oil traded Hall for Adam Larsson straight up.  When you compare the relative value of Faulk and Larsson at that point, is there any doubt that Faulk was much more valuable?  Gotta believe that a straight up Faulk for Hall deal was there for the taking if RF had wanted it.

11 minutes ago, LakeLivin said:

Still not sure how reasonable Sakic would have been with us around a Duchene deal, but in the summer of '16 the Oil traded Hall for Adam Larsson straight up.  When you compare the relative value of Faulk and Larsson at that point, is there any doubt that Faulk was much more valuable?  Gotta believe that a straight up Faulk for Hall deal was there for the taking if RF had wanted it.

Another reason why this firing was a good idea.