The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
gocanes0506

In Season 2017-18 Talk

18 hours ago, remkin said:

I know Charlotte needs them. I know both guys should have a lot of confidence from their taste of the NHL. But I want them to get more taste before next year. Both of them.

I think this call up was purely to confirm they are absolutely ready for next year, and mission accomplished. Let them go clinch a berth and maybe win a championship.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, wxray1 said:

I see the community coming to the rescue of Ronnie, and Ronnie is from that old school culture.

is there a specific article or link you saw?

But, yeah--a hockey culture thing, plus I think RF may be thought of as in the new school in terms of GMs. That he's an HHOFer is another "thing." But sometimes, as Huey Lewis sang, bad is bad.

3 hours ago, top-shelf-1 said:

I think this call up was purely to confirm they are absolutely ready for next year, and mission accomplished. Let them go clinch a berth and maybe win a championship.

Let's not forget that Charlotte is not just a toy for fan pleasure. The Owner (Michael Kahn) is running a business and wants to make money as well. A deep playoff run for them increases his revenue, At some point I have to believe that Kahn. would question the status of call ups for the big club that has already been buried in the ground. Let Kahn have all his players back a make a run in the playoffs. This experience is very valuable for the yutes as well.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, slapshot02 said:

Let Kahn have all his players back a make a run in the playoffs. This experience is very valuable for the yutes as well.

Yes, they need the experience.  They won't get it a the parent club.

New Jersey gets a point, but I had the tiebreaker process incorrect.  Technically we are still alive!  Need to win all of our last five games and New Jersey needs to lose all of their remaining games in regulation.

2 hours ago, Bigfist said:

New Jersey gets a point, but I had the tiebreaker process incorrect.  Technically we are still alive!  Need to win all of our last five games and New Jersey needs to lose all of their remaining games in regulation.

Yawn ;)

3 hours ago, Bigfist said:

In addition, Florida would need to get less than 4 points over their last 6 games.  "So you're saying we have a chance?"  :P

Edited by LakeLivin

5 hours ago, Bigfist said:

That'll happen! :lol:

Perhaps we need to look at Accounting firms for our next goalie. Accountant by day,goalie at night. Faced 7

shots, no goals allowed. Pretty good form.

10 hours ago, LakeLivin said:

"So you're saying we have a chance?"  :P

1/3333 to be exact (sportsclub). OK, close to exact.

Hey the odds of winning Powerball are around 1/292,000,000, yet people buy tons of tickets. So comparatively we have a great chance.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, slapshot02 said:

Perhaps we need to look at Accounting firms for our next goalie. Accountant by day,goalie at night. Faced 7

shots, no goals allowed. Pretty good form.

Apparently, Chicago accountants make better goalies than anybody in a Canes jersey.  Sign him in Carolina, and we can ruin him too.  He won't even be able to add.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, super_dave_1 said:

Apparently, Chicago accountants make better goalies than anybody in a Canes jersey.  Sign him in Carolina, and we can ruin him too.  He won't even be able to add.

Pretty funny interview. Hat's off to him for his one day in the sun. Alves has nothing on him,lol.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, surfzone365 said:

There’s always next year! ??

The official motto of the Carolina Hurricanes since 2009

2 minutes ago, AWACSooner said:

The official motto of the Carolina Hurricanes since 2009

I’m not sure what this team is getting wrong. All they have to do is put the puck in the other team’s net and stop it from going into ours. This isn’t rocket ? science ??‍♂️

• Like 1