The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
gocanes0506

In Season 2017-18 Talk

11 hours ago, AWACSooner said:

Can we gear up the offseason thread already?  

Patience :rofl:

3 hours ago, bluedevil58 said:

We going for 10 in a row.  If that happens I am checking out and picking another team to root for.

You're making my decision on what sort of result to root for next season MUCH harder than it should be...

• Like 1

The Carolina Hurricanes have recalled defenseman Roland McKeown from Charlotte.

9 hours ago, top-shelf-1 said:

You're making my decision on what sort of result to root for next season MUCH harder than it should be...

Wish I knew how to do emojis?:spin:

Edited by KJUNKANE

48 minutes ago, KJUNKANE said:

Wish I knew how to do emojis?

Kjun, please tell me you're joking :).  All it takes is a couple clicks to use the emojis in this forum (a pretty nice set, imo).  In case you're not, here it is:

When you're in the edit box to create or reply to a post: (all clicks are left clicks)

1. Put your cursor over the place you want to insert an emoji and Click.
  2. Click on the smiley face on the toolbar at the top of the box.  You'll get a pop-up box.
  3. Click on the word "Categories" that appears in the upper right hand corner.
  4. Click on the word "Emoticons" and you'll see the full list of available icons. 
  5. Click on whichever you want to use and it will be inserted into your post

Given the post you're responding to, I'm guessing that a good practice one to start might be the following? :applause:

Edited by LakeLivin

3 hours ago, top-shelf-1 said:

Just because someone's rooting for a different team, doesn't mean they won't show up on the forums....

• Like 1

6 hours ago, LakeLivin said:

Kjun, please tell me you're joking :).  All it takes is a couple clicks to use the emojis in this forum (a pretty nice set, imo).  In case you're not, here it is:

When you're in the edit box to create or reply to a post: (all clicks are left clicks)

1. Put your cursor over the place you want to insert an emoji and Click.
  2. Click on the smiley face on the toolbar at the top of the box.  You'll get a pop-up box.
  3. Click on the word "Categories" that appears in the upper right hand corner.
  4. Click on the word "Emoticons" and you'll see the full list of available icons. 
  5. Click on whichever you want to use and it will be inserted into your post

Given the post you're responding to, I'm guessing that a good practice one to start might be the following? :applause:

Lake, you teach me so much!! From my own screen figure to this:banana: Thanks.

39 minutes ago, PamlicoPuck said:

Well once again here are, last week of the regular season and who cares...So now its another off season, of maybe's and what if's.. 

Ahhh, the sunny side. You and Eeyore Fat Stacks are just living the dream nightmare, aren't ya, Pamlico?

Top,  reality stings sometimes and stating the obvious may offend the head in the clouds group, but doesnt make one an Eeyore... Suck it up, realize opinions here have little merit, and when they dont line up with yours, let it go, or accept the fact that all of them wont.............. IMO... sugar coating the facts just prolongs agony.... 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, PamlicoPuck said:

Top,  reality stings sometimes and stating the obvious may offend the head in the clouds group, but doesnt make one an Eeyore... Suck it up, realize opinions here have little merit, and when they dont line up with yours, let it go, or accept the fact that all of them wont.............. IMO... sugar coating the facts just prolongs agony.... 

I'm kind of in pamilco's corner here.  If this were the first or second time, yeah, unicorns and rainbows.  If this was the third or fourth time, don't panic.  If this was the fifth or sixth time, what the hell is going on here.  If this was the seventh or eighth time, we're tired of this crap and can't take it any more.

This is the ninth summer in a row.

• Like 1

Next year is another anniversary year (10 years of no playoffs). Start producing the videos of playoffs of years gone by to replay over and over again on the Jumbotron. At some point we will just watch the videos over the product on the ice. The scary reality is that many are counting on the new GM X and Tom Dundon to come riding over the hill and change the make up of the team to make us a contender. 30 other teams in the NHL want to make their team better and UFA and trade moves are still a difficult task in hand. The one thing we have that increases our opportunities are $'s and I believe a different mentality on our trade able assets. I'm really hoping that our only change next year doesn't include a grade C goalie and call ups from Charlotte. We need proven quality veteran experience to mix in with the yutes. If TD and GM X can't make the big moves we can always change our Mascot to Stormycorn.

Image result for unicorn and butterfly pig images

• Like 1

9 hours ago, KJUNKANE said:

Lake, you teach me so much!! From my own screen figure to this:banana: Thanks.

Da nada.  Hopefully the emojis will save you some typing.  If a picture is worth a thousand words, I wonder how many an emoji is worth?  Lol, I know that for a certain member on this board, instead of responding with text I can often get away with using just the following:  :blink:

2 hours ago, slapshot02 said:

I'm really hoping that our only change next year doesn't include a grade C goalie and call ups from Charlotte. We need proven quality veteran experience to mix in with the yutes. If TD and GM X can't make the big moves we can always change our Mascot to Stormycorn.

I'd rather have a bunch of callups from Charlotte than another summer of bringing in 4th-liners and 3rd-pairing defensemen.  Go after the big guns, yes, but let the small fry go and give our own yutes a shot.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, PamlicoPuck said:

Doesn't offend me, but makes me kinda scratch my head in puzzlement. It sounds like you're saying "the Hurricanes have to get better bcause I insist on rooting for them." If all you want is a good team, there's still half the NHL to cheer for, you know.

And top isn't one to sugar-coat, unless you define "sugar-coat" to mean "actually have something other than negative thoughts."

1 hour ago, coastal_caniac said:

I am SO looking forward to this offseason's version of "what-ifs" and "what-could-be's".  So looking forward to having things explained to me, again.

Especially this season when nothing is stable.  We know nothing about what the owner wants to or will do.  Literally anything could happen.

35 minutes ago, AWACSooner said:

Looks like TD has BP’s back:

I personally want to see what the third iteration of the Kinetico commercial is like. This is good news for me.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, coastal_caniac said:

I am SO looking forward to this offseason's version of "what-ifs" and "what-could-be's".  So looking forward to having things explained to me, again.

Looking forward to the newfangled statistics which will identify what we need. I like the old ones where the offense scores,the defense stops opponents offense and reduces shot attempts and the one where the goalies stops pucks. The old math worked pretty well.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sleekfeeder said:

I personally want to see what the third iteration of the Kinetico commercial is like. This is good news for me.

Perhaps his daughter will wear shorts next year and bring home some dorm mates..

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, slapshot02 said:

Perhaps his daughter will wear shorts next year and bring home some dorm mates..

I know this isn't politically correct, but if I'm being honest:  :yippee::banana::ohyeah:

• Like 1