The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
gocanes0506

In Season 2017-18 Talk

33 minutes ago, DevildogKodi said:

others have improved their chances of moving on

I can only hope TD is making notes on those and will solemnly present the list to the newly hired GM on his first day at the office as the first task to do.

Would really like to hear about potential properties for a new practice facility, so far the things he's improving can be packed up and taken. Not entirely worried about it but the practice facility would likely close any of the few doors of doubt I have about his commitment to Carolina.

On 4/3/2018 at 8:48 PM, top-shelf-1 said:

Fleury is good. He's sneaky physical and stays at home. He hits guys on a regular basis, and usually emerges with the puck. That's defense. I don't care if he never scores a goal. Same goes for McKeown and Dahlbeck. I would feel infinitely better if we went with those three and TVR, Pesce, and Slavin. I think he acquitted himself very well in his first year.

I've been a Dahlbeck fan from day one. He can play either side and stays at home. He can play the physical game when needed.He's a keeper.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, top-shelf-1 said:

I'm pulling for the Avs too, mainly because of what Landeskog dealt with from Clueless Joe and how he persevered through it. Would love to see them make a deep run.

I gotta go with Vegas to see how far they go in the first season.

1 hour ago, slapshot02 said:

I've been a Dahlbeck fan from day one. He can play either side and stays at home. He can play the physical game when needed.He's a keeper.

Now I like him even more. Nice shot vs. Philly.

My revised wish list for the season. One game remaining.

Aho gets 30 goals (needed 1)

Skinner reaches 25 goals & 50 pts (needed 1)

Williams reaches 50 pts (needed !)

Fluery gets a goal (needed 1)

Ward-0 pitches a shutout

• Like 2

Show me what you got kid!

RALEIGH, NC - The Carolina Hurricanes today announced that the team has recalled center Nicolas Roy from the Charlotte Checkers of the American Hockey League (AHL).

• Like 2

RALEIGH, NC - The Carolina Hurricanes today announced that co-captain Jordan Staal has been selected as the winner of the 2017-18 Steve Chiasson Award and the 2017-18 Josef Vasicek Award. Staal has also been selected as the Hurricanes' nominee for the 2017-18 Bill Masterton Memorial Trophy by the Carolina chapter of the Professional Hockey Writers Association (PHWA).

The Steve Chiasson Award is given annually to the Hurricanes player that best exemplifies determination and dedication while proving to be an inspiration to his teammates through his performance and approach to the game

• Like 3

Checking in with a question. What’s Ronnie doing at the office every day besides doing the NYT crossword? Does he actually have responsibilities?

Edited by raleighcaniac
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, legend-1 said:

I'm guessing trying to get pencils stuck in the drop ceiling panels. 

No, the pencils aren't good enough to stick for more than 6 minutes - they're still developing.  We must continue to be patient.

• Like 3