The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  

Does Santa wrap his presents?

My kid's are 14 and 11 if that tells you anything. All presents are wrapped under the tree when they wake up in the morning. When they were little only a few things were wrapped and the bigger things were left for them to see right away when they came into the living room. Santa always eats the cookies they make!

Santa's presents were always unwrapped when I was a kid and they are still unwrapped for my son. His name goes on a chair and Santa puts all the gifts there with the stocking in front. He did the same for me when I was a kid. Santa pretty much sticks to tradition at my house. ;)

Hmmm... can't remember actually. I just know growing up Santa would sometimes wrap his gifts with my parents wrapping paper, and he would have my moms penmanship. Incredible! :)

Well all my gifts are usually wrapped, but now that me and my brother are getting older i think my parents wont try too hard anymore because the paper just makes a mess in the end.

However I would think that technically the elves would wrap the presents for Santa, who would then leave them wrapped at your house.

Yes, Santa wraps his gifts with different paper. Also writes in ALL CAPS on the gift tags. Cookies are half eaten, but milk is gone, and you also gotta leave a carrot for the reindeer.

Regarding kiddos, my ex-wife tried to convince me that ALL the gifts for the daughter were to be from Santa. Which I thought was really stupid. Was I weird for thinking that?

Yes, Santa wraps his gifts with different paper. Also writes in ALL CAPS on the gift tags. Cookies are half eaten, but milk is gone, and you also gotta leave a carrot for the reindeer.

Regarding kiddos, my ex-wife tried to convince me that ALL the gifts for the daughter were to be from Santa. Which I thought was really stupid. Was I weird for thinking that?

No way. There's Santa gifts and a Dad/Mom gift. The Dad/Mom gift is strictly to throw off the trail of curious younguns.

No way. There's Santa gifts and a Dad/Mom gift. The Dad/Mom gift is strictly to throw off the trail of curious younguns.

Okay, glad to know I'm not crazy. I didn't think I was, and I should know better than to question whether my ex-wife has any sense at all.

Well, I only have one child who is 5. Santa wraps all his presents in the same paper, on occasion he may run out, so he wraps the bigger gifts in different paper. When I was growing up there were 3 of us and we all had our own paper and our Stockings (the best part!!) were sitting right in front of our pile. We would have milk and cookies and a carrot for the reindeer and a letter to Santa, and we HAD to open one at a time, youngest 1st. That used to drive me crazy! Waiting. Especially when for 9 years it was just me, then my 1st sis was born and I had to wait until she was done. :D

Anyone who has boys have a hard time finding stocking stuffers?!?!?! I actually found a few things this year.

It's so much easier to find little things for girls.

Yes, presents from Santa are in different paper....never to be seen again. Santa also has the strangest handwriting, nothing like Mom or Dad. Santa also likes to eat cookies. And remember, he's lactose intolerant.

Santa wraps at our house...unless it is a large bulky item and then it just gets a bow. We also do mom/dad gifts, but not much. I am trying to prevent them from being toooo spoiled. (although I must admit that they are a bit) Santa writes in all caps at our place as well.

fun topic!

Santa wraps, and my gift to my brother which is small is wrapped in 5 different boxes that all fit inside one another to make it look like he got something as big as a TV :)

When I was little Santas gifts had the same wrapping paper as my parents...but obviously he ran out of wrapping paper and borrowed some of ours my mom told me. I mean...can't expect him to do actually buy all that wrapping paper can you? Also its funny that the cookies we left out for Santa happened to be my dads favorite cookies...as my dad always told me, Santa had good taste in cookies.

I come from England, and Father Christmas (Santa) leaves your wrapped presents in a pillow case at the bottom of your bed! :)

Is anyone else out there from England or another country? Let us know what Santa traditions your country has!

Another thing, it's considered unlucky to open any gifts you receive before Christmas day!!

Back when we did this for my little bro it was Santa wrapped in his own paper, we left out cookies that were baked on christmas eve, and carrots for the reindeer.

Christmas morning we would unwrap the gifts from santa, have breakfast, then unwrap the rest of the gifts.

I'm still a teenager and I love on Christmas morning to walk downstairs and see most of my and my brother's presents laid out on the couch. No matter how old you are walking down the steps in the morning is exciting.

Santa wraps, and my gift to my brother which is small is wrapped in 5 different boxes that all fit inside one another to make it look like he got something as big as a TV :)

Ha, Santa did that this year at my house too for the wii system. :lol:

My presents are always wrapped. I like a good surprise. We never have nice wrapping paper either, normally Disney wrapping paper. You know, with Buzz Lightyear, Cinderella and Mr. Incredible. My family is Disney obbsessed :)

I'm still a teenager and I love on Christmas morning to walk downstairs and see most of my and my brother's presents laid out on the couch. No matter how old you are walking down the steps in the morning is exciting.

haha same here. My parents know i just put the "wonderful surprise face" on for fun... my presents depended. As a younger child they were unwrapped, but as I got older it varied per year. I guess it depended on the age... :rolleyes:

Well, when I was a kid, Santa always brung his gifts wrapped. Now, Stormy and Stillman always brings their gifts wrapped to the house for all the adults!!!

Huh? :huh:

Well, when I was a kid, Santa always brung his gifts wrapped. Now, Stormy and Stillman always brings their gifts wrapped to the house for all the adults!!!

Huh? :huh: