The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
OBXer

Keeping an eye on the Metro

Florida has a cake walk compared to our schedule to finish the season and are showing no signs of slowing down.  With their 3 games at hand, I predict that they will get the 8 seed, if not the 7.  NJD falls out due to goal tending issues, CBJ holds on to get the last of the 2 wildcards.  We have wasted too much in OTL's and I do not see us doing better than .500 down the stretch.  We would need to go 12-2, or maybe 10-2-2 with no OTL's to teams ahead of us to secure a spot.  The math does not add up for us, yet again, too little too late.

5 hours ago, bambamcanefan said:

Florida has a cake walk compared to our schedule to finish the season and are showing no signs of slowing down.  With their 3 games at hand, I predict that they will get the 8 seed, if not the 7.  NJD falls out due to goal tending issues, CBJ holds on to get the last of the 2 wildcards.  We have wasted too much in OTL's and I do not see us doing better than .500 down the stretch.  We would need to go 12-2, or maybe 10-2-2 with no OTL's to teams ahead of us to secure a spot.  The math does not add up for us, yet again, too little too late.

True, with respect to the teams they play.  The one potential positive is that the Panthers play their last 13 games in just 18 days.  That's downright brutal, and who knows how much of an effect it might have?.

Going to Rangers Caps game tonight at the old phone booth. This should be fun as a neutral bystander. Large tub of popcorn ?, M&Ms and a bladder-buster size drink.