The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
bb86

New Fan out In Cali, Carolina Born

Hey Everyone,

I'm a new fan who is originally from North Carolina, Winston Salem specifically. I just started seriously getting into Canes hockey this year. Great year to start. I remeber watching a few games during the 2005-2006 year in the playoff, but now I want to be a true. I have been keeping up with podcast and listening to the games on radio. I'm going to the Canes vs SJ Sharks in December 7th and I want to get a jersey to wear. They are having a sale on the older Reebok ones and I could get a Skinner or J. Staal, but they also have the E. Staal with C patch. I know he is playing elsewhere this year, but I really like the the older jersey with a player that had a great impact on the teams. What do you all think? 

Welcome bb86. Personally I'd buy whatever jersey you like. I still wear mine from the Stanley Cup year and that thing is about 3 generations old. Don't be a stranger on the boards.

• Like 1

Welcome bb86. The Canes nation now reaches from coast to coast ;). Now that you have joined us don't be a stranger. I look forward to seeing your posts.

I still have a Canes classic sweater but without a name. It is my jersey of choice although the new home sweaters are very nice. I would say go with Skinner or J but no matter which one you buy wear it with pride. How do those sometimes over enthusiastic fans in the Shark Tank treat visiting fans?

• Like 1

I went to two Sharks games last season with family and the Sharks fans are fun. They like to take shots at the visitors but in a fun, non threatening way. Can't wait to go to the game and represent for the Canes out West! 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, bb86 said:

I went to two Sharks games last season with family and the Sharks fans are fun. They like to take shots at the visitors but in a fun, non threatening way. Can't wait to go to the game and represent for the Canes out West! 

Several years ago I attended a Canes/Sharks game in Raleigh. I sat next to a woman wearing a Shark sweater with her two kids. My son was with me and we had a great time talking hockey and giving each other little one liners when our team scored. If she was an indication of Shark fans I can believe they are both fun and non threatening.

• Like 1

Welcome bb86. Always glad to see new folks. We're going to have some ups and downs this season (hopefully more "ups"), but it should be fun and I hope you get to attend as many games as possible. 

• Like 1