Jump to content
The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
raleighcaniac

To Trade, or not to trade

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, legend-1 said:

Only Williams came to Aho's defense, Williams is the only person on this team that hasn't had the culture ruin his game. 

 

Missing out on Lucic was painful, he went to Edmonton of all places. I think he coulda been had by anyone, we need a guy whose willing to punch anything that walks to win a game that can also put up points.

 

Get the estrogen outta this locker room please. 

 

2018 1st 

 

For.....

 

Evander Kane

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

kane is 3rd on the Sabres for hits stats.  I would like him for that but with my new founded knowledge of his issues with teammates he wont fit in here.  

 

so how about this for a thought then

 

Canes

ROR

McCabe (2nd on the team in hits)

 

Sabres

Rask

Fleury

Kuokkanen

2019 1st

 

A 4 million dollar cap increase for us.  McCabe is 24 and will still be a RFA after next season.  A big hitter too.  ROR really fits into our salary/cap.  He makes a bunch more than his cap hit this season and next.  Then he drops down to 6 million for the rest of the term. 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, gocanes0506 said:

kane is 3rd on the Sabres for hits stats.  I would like him for that but with my new founded knowledge of his issues with teammates he wont fit in here.  

 

so how about this for a thought then

 

Canes

ROR

McCabe (2nd on the team in hits)

 

Sabres

Rask

Fleury

Kuokkanen

2019 1st

 

A 4 million dollar cap increase for us.  McCabe is 24 and will still be a RFA after next season.  A big hitter too.  ROR really fits into our salary/cap.  He makes a bunch more than his cap hit this season and next.  Then he drops down to 6 million for the rest of the term. 

 

 

 

 

 

Seems reasonable to me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, gocanes0506 said:

kane is 3rd on the Sabres for hits stats.  I would like him for that but with my new founded knowledge of his issues with teammates he wont fit in here.  

 

so how about this for a thought then

 

Canes

ROR

McCabe (2nd on the team in hits)

 

Sabres

Rask

Fleury

Kuokkanen

2019 1st

 

A 4 million dollar cap increase for us.  McCabe is 24 and will still be a RFA after next season.  A big hitter too.  ROR really fits into our salary/cap.  He makes a bunch more than his cap hit this season and next.  Then he drops down to 6 million for the rest of the term. 

Substitute Faulk for Fleury and I'm down, though for the record, I'd hate to lose Kouk. Potentially dynamic player who will stay in the slot.

 

Or, we could offer Jordo, Faulk, any prospect they choose and a first for Eichel. You never know 'til you ask... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

TRADES: Everyone needs to put on the brakes with talks about trades.   It's obserd.  THey are not going to do a thing with trades !  New owner or not, the people below him believe they have the talent and players they need.   Which of course is where the problem lies.   sorry,  don't get your hopes up for any trades.   It's Just not going to happen.  This is an area I would love to be wrong.     Yes,  Agree that you can send Faulk packing for all I care.   He had scored many goals in past, but he has made so many mistakes defensively and plays with low intenstity.   So when he doesn't score, he still is making the defensive mistakes.   Great prospect, but someone needs to set him straight or do a healthy scratch for a week or two to awaken his brain.   And a few others could use an awakening as well.   What ever happened to all these huge Defensive prospects we were to aquire over the years with our draft ?  if they are on the ice,  I would like to see them show up !   Sad, but I think all this talent and potential is going to be watching the playoffs from home.  If we can't play consistent hockey now, what is the point of being in the playoffs.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, AGRAFF said:

TRADES: Everyone needs to put on the brakes with talks about trades.   It's obserd.  THey are not going to do a thing with trades !  New owner or not, the people below him believe they have the talent and players they need.   Which of course is where the problem lies.   sorry,  don't get your hopes up for any trades.   It's Just not going to happen.  This is an area I would love to be wrong.     Yes,  Agree that you can send Faulk packing for all I care.   He had scored many goals in past, but he has made so many mistakes defensively and plays with low intenstity.   So when he doesn't score, he still is making the defensive mistakes.   Great prospect, but someone needs to set him straight or do a healthy scratch for a week or two to awaken his brain.   And a few others could use an awakening as well.   What ever happened to all these huge Defensive prospects we were to aquire over the years with our draft ?  if they are on the ice,  I would like to see them show up !   Sad, but I think all this talent and potential is going to be watching the playoffs from home.  If we can't play consistent hockey now, what is the point of being in the playoffs.   

The point is, AGRAFF, and welcome aboard, but the point is to awaken fan enthusiasm. Unless the players themselves are patronizing us completely, fan enthusiasm is one of the most inspiring parts of the game, and as such, should not be dismissed. Thus, and wth the apparent psychological makeup of our new, YOUNG owner, I believe we will make a trade. We will see.

 

Oh, BTW, does obserd=absurd? 

Edited by KJUNKANE

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, top-shelf-1 said:

Substitute Faulk for Fleury and I'm down, though for the record, I'd hate to lose Kouk. Potentially dynamic player who will stay in the slot.

 

Or, we could offer Jordo, Faulk, any prospect they choose and a first for Eichel. You never know 'til you ask... 

 

My point on adding Fleury was to keep the LHD and RHD deal going.  McCabe is a LHD.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

35 minutes ago, gocanes0506 said:

 

My point on adding Fleury was to keep the LHD and RHD deal going.  McCabe is a LHD.

Okay, but I've not seen Fleury shy away from contact, and have often seen him take the body first and come out with possession. I'd keep him and just offer the others for ROR alone, or better yet, substitute Faulk for Kouk.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree on hesitancy to trade Fleury. He was the #7 pick overall, the second D man taken, and is starting to round into a pretty dang good D man in just his rookie season. D men are very highly valued. We don't need McCabe, we've got D. Keep the focus on ROR. He's a good not great player. Why not ROR for Faulk straight up. Or throw in a second rounder and say Saarela. Fleury's stock is on the rise. Don't sell low.

 

As to Kane no way in the bad place do I send one of our top young D man to rent him. Not even close, and I have zero fear that Francis would ever do that. Trevor Carrick, maybe, but not anyone on the roster, not McKeown and definitely not Bean. The price to rent Kane is simply too high. You don't trade even a first round pick for a rental lately, but surely not unless you think you have a potential cup team. Sorry but this team is not that, even with Kane. But the price is a first rounder plus more. Given his off ice and potential locker room stuff his injury prone-ness, I think we still have a better shot at Tavares than this happening.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Canes are back to #23 in the league in goals for per game played. Even with a healthy Seabass, that's not good enough. But with Aho out, the need for a move to pick up offense is acute. If the team makes no trade and things fall, attendance and interest will plummet. They have to try. Yet when teams are listed as "teams looking for forwards" no mention of us. Could be Francis playing it close until the new owner, but that's done now, so make a move. Pay the price, make a trade even if you don't "win it". Get the thing we need and get it now.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We acquire Kane to make the playoffs.  Question is:  are we Winners or have we already thrown in the flag and are we quiters?

 

So here we are facing major adversity and in the thick of the playoff hunt.  New owner, new beginnings,.  Will we rise to the occasion or will we go hide in a corner and mail it in?

Edited by bluedevil58

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, remkin said:

The Canes are back to #23 in the league in goals for per game played. Even with a healthy Seabass, that's not good enough. But with Aho out, the need for a move to pick up offense is acute. If the team makes no trade and things fall, attendance and interest will plummet. They have to try. Yet when teams are listed as "teams looking for forwards" no mention of us. Could be Francis playing it close until the new owner, but that's done now, so make a move. Pay the price, make a trade even if you don't "win it". Get the thing we need and get it now.

TD has already backed himself into a corner. Comments about the fan experience and about winning being more important than money. This was pre Aho injury. If RF and TD do nothing until the off season, TD may of already lost some of the fan base.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kane hardly assures us of making the playoffs. Every team in the Metro from the Rangers down is in the running for 2 wildcard spots. I’m all for making a trade to bring in some scoring and physicality, but we need to look for a player we will have for more than 37 games if we part with a 1st or top prospect.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, gocanes0506 said:

 

Same old Francis talk to me.  “We like who we have.”  “We can fix this internally.”  

 

I realize he hasn't made a big move, but just how many big trades are made during the season in any given year?

 

The Canes need a top line forward, preferably a center.  Most good centers are on good teams that aren't going to trade them away.  Most bad teams with serviceable top line forwards are not going to get rid of them unless they are in total rebuild mode.  Now how far have we now whittled down the pile?

 

Yeah, we all want John Tavares, but so do 75% of the teams in the league.  Is it worth any price to land him?  Hanifin, Necas, and a 1st would probably be close the cost the Islanders would ask for a guy that could walk in July.

 

If you want to kvetch about a problem, at least suggest something.  What can Francis do right now?  I hope he can work a deal, but damn if I can see where it is going to come from right now.  Of the teams that are sure sellers, there just isn't a lot to pick from.

Edited by super_dave_1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, gocanes0506 said:

Same old Francis talk to me.  “We like who we have.”  “We can fix this internally.”  

 

The one thing I have always felt about Francis is he has a plan. I'm sure it is difficult to deviate from that for a short term fix. I won't be surprised if we do make a move but maybe someone with some term on a contract instead of a rental type.I thought we had to make a move before the Aho injury and I would be delighted to see us throw caution to the wind and go get a player that at the very least would inject some excitement into the lineup. It would also signal that patience is wearing thin and results are the goal.

 

Making the playoffs this season is the difference between progress and treading water.  Patience has become such a dirty word to me and I suspect to many Cane fans.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, super_dave_1 said:

 

If you want to kvetch about a problem, at least suggest something.  What can Francis do right now?  I hope he can work a deal, but damn if I can see where it is going to come from right now.  Of the teams that are sure sellers, there just isn't a lot to pick from.

 

Reading in fundamental  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, gocanes0506 said:

 

Reading in fundamental  

 

So is spelling.

 

You basically stated "same old Francis".  Is there something else you'd like him to do?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, gocanes0506 said:

 

spell it like it sounds.  :grin::grin:

or go with absuurd !    It sounds even better.   I'll work on my spelling. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...