• Announcements

• OBXer

Use email address to sign-on   11/17/2016

If your email doesn't work for sign-on use contact us link at the bottom of the page to send us a message
Bing_Chow

Seats at PNC Arena

Neither, there are 3 tiers, and its the 2nd. Sat there during the entire 05-06 playoffs, and was pampered beyond belief. Since then as a Season Ticket Holder, I've had to rivert to the 3rd level for economy sake. 3rd level gives best overall view of game, 1st the up close view of player's physical exertion.  2nd is mix of both. Some of the seats in the ends have TV's, at least when I sat there, which were great perks. Hope that helps.

35 minutes ago, coastal_caniac said:

If you are a tall person the 200 level sucks.  No leg room.

No worries Coastal. I'm a slim 5'11" and I expect the Canes to be giving me so much to cheer for that I won't be sitting.

I usually do the very upper part of the 100s levels (I.e row XX or WW) It is on the level of the lower concourses with very few steps to go up/down. Great views of the ice without being too high or at ice level where you can’t see as much. Prices are reasonable and you get decent discounts on games that fall on a “Family Night”.

2BA0B6E8-E384-4D81-9868-3CFF06AEBE99.jpeg

Edited by surfzone365

My opinion is that the 200 level is just about the VIP feel of the carpet.  The views are basically the same as the 300 level, and in the Club level you are 10 times more likely to get to hear a hour-long description of someone's last Bahamas vacation.  (true story)

6 minutes ago, caniac-1-1 said:

My opinion is that the 200 level is just about the VIP feel of the carpet.  The views are basically the same as the 300 level, and in the Club level you are 10 times more likely to get to hear a hour-long description of someone's last Bahamas vacation.  (true story)

Lol. I totally get that. Anytime you're in the company of the well-heeled, there is always more comparisons of who's boat is bigger and which scholarships their kids just won. And how stressed they are helping their kid choose between an Ivy League education vs pursuing a music career in LA. The struggle is real.

Edited by Bing_Chow

I am incredibly late to this party but my 200 experience was a bore, we actually felt out of place cheering for the team. No one situated near us either knew what they were watching or cared. It was the weirdest thing to be amongst. 

I sat in 206 for several years because about 7 ish years ago, the Canes moved that section out of "center ice" and dropped the price a lot on those seats. We were in the front row closest to center. That section is a pretty illustrative example though of the bad that has happened. When we first moved there we were surrounded by rabid Canes fans who also realized the value proposition. Two years ago those people started vanishing, and last year they were gone. Personally I love the speed of the lower bowl and never really loved the odd angle we had, but losing those caniacs made the decision to move easy.

That said, the rest of the 200's is a sort of weird combination. The ends are not great sightlines through the netting. So the team has created gimmicks to get people to sit there. On the shoot's twice side is the seats with a counter and a TV and tokens for food and drink, and on the shoots once side is the Champions Club where at least half of the people there don't even go down to the seats to watch the game. Then there are the center ice sections. Individual priced tickets peak at $189 per ticket. It's one thing to pay that to sit row one dead center, but row 5 shoots once side? Nah. And people don't. Those sections are usually wide open. But if you are sitting in there, it's mostly not rabid fans in there.

The 200 level is posh. Nice bar up there. Carpet. Luxury boxes. Some times see Hurricanes' brass in their box. There are waitresses, I guess if you are unable to walk that might be nice. In many years of sitting there I just felt bad that I never used them. Once the shine went off of 206 or what used to be called Club Corners, and the Canes offered a sweet deal in 116 it was a no brainer for me and I am pretty happy there.