The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
kllregg6

Brind'Amour should replace Peters

1 hour ago, kllregg6 said:

New owner and new coach. Peters is not the answer for a young team.

Mrs. Brind'Amour - is that you? :lol:

Edited by LakeLivin
  • Like 3

I wouldn't mind seeing the new owner clean house, and get rid of everyone from the GM on down. Cut all ties to the past, start over, build a new culture.

Welcome.  We don't have a K yet.

But no.

Let's make Brindy the Director of Bicep Development, shake hands, and call it a day.

Edited by coastal_caniac
  • Like 3

What is Kevin Dinesen doing now? The last replacement I recommended for Peters is coaching another team in the NHL. But some good names with experience were thrown out - Sutter, Bylsma, so what is Dineen’s current resume, if Rod turns down the job?

giphy.gifAre you kidding me?!!!  Yeah let's replace Peters with Brindy.  Brindy is the PP coach and the way the PP has been is outstanding.   Sure sign Brindy would succeed as the head coach like he has on the PP.

This is a guy who is attempting to bring in Some much need comic relief....

Edited by bluedevil58

7 minutes ago, hopper915 said:

How about Ulf Samuelsson? He did pretty good with the Checkers last season.

He has a history with Francis too. He’d have to take a cut in pay from his job as an assistant with the Rangers though.

13 hours ago, bluedevilcane said:

What is Dineen’s current resume

"Good Friend of Ron Francis."

Shortest resume in coaching.

Peters is the right guy, and clearly hasn't lost the room. Teams don't come back like this one did last night for coaches who have lost the room. What the room needs is a little thing called "the rest of a winning roster."

• Like 1

10 hours ago, bluedevilcane said:

He has a history with Francis too. He’d have to take a cut in pay from his job as an assistant with the Rangers though.

Dude... Ulf coached the Checkers last year and then went to the Blackhawks.

8 minutes ago, top-shelf-1 said:

"Good Friend of Ron Francis."

Shortest resume in coaching.

Peters is the right guy, and clearly hasn't lost the room. Teams don't come back like this one did last night for coaches who have lost the room. What the room needs is a little thing called "the rest of a winning roster."

This is where I place my vote. Unfortunately, after years of this recycled scenario, including poor start of season, then torrid finishes, frequently punctuated by glimmers of hope only to be dashed by reality, leading to early off seasons, a draft of usually later 1st round players, then prayers for some type of sensational "big" off season move, it's easy for us all to go on witch hunts. We need to face reality, given the cast of players any coach would inherit(and don't get me wrong, there are many jewels here) on this team, I'm afraid even a "Scotty Bowman" type would have a hard time getting us into playoffs? There's just some "umph" factor missing, which if one objectively watched last night's game, and could mentally switch uniforms, one could see? And I don't know if it's my increasing cynicism with this team, or what, but I just had this sinking feeling from tip-off, that this game was going to be a "L".

Nope, I don't think that the mediocre 1-1-1 record falls on any 1 element, from GM to Coach or players, and truthfully don't know how we can ascribe the failure to Karmanos' purse strings. We've OBSERVED BP make demands at end of last season, apparently from his boss, for some upgrades, namely a goalie upgrade, a D upgrade, another top 6 experienced winger and a !C. We've SEEN RF make good on 3 of the 4, WE THOUGHT. Again on a "hope and a prayer", and a lot of IF'S, we entered this 17-18 season, I dare say for the 8th time believing we'd see an end to this playoff drought. Now, IT SEEMS, for the 7th time, our IF'S are not panning out. This is undoubtedly a good team, not going to question that, but is yet to get over that proverbial hump. the elusive it seems "net front presence" is there at best rarely. D has taken a step back from it's excellence last year. Grittiness appears similar to net front presence, and only is on display at times or for certain foes. And our hoped for #1 goalie is just not shaping up and standing on his head.

No, I think this is a team sport, and this mediocre state of affairs is a collective failure. I may be, and probably am wrong, but I just don't think replacing Bill Peters is the answer to this team's woes.