The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
caneswincup

Vegas Experience

No.  But I went to the Vegas game vs the Oilers three weeks ago to cross it off my pilgrimage (see other thread).

Good luck getting tix if it's a weekend game...if you do find em, you'll pay handsomely for them.

The arena is nice...they have a drumline for their "unique tradition"...their mascot is a lame looking Gila Monster...but their pre-game theatrics are downright epic!  Bring earplugs, because their arena speakers are set to 11!

Their unique arena food?  Sushi burrito.

Edited by AWACSooner

I went to a Las Vegas Flash (RHI) game back in 1993 and it was the only time i can remember winning anything due to having a page in my game program autographed (it was also the only RHI game i ever went to).  Of course the prize was tickets to something that wasn't coming up for a month and by then i was going to be back home so i gave them to some locals (there were roughly 50 people in the place, which was not the same place the GKs play).  That probably doesn't really apply to your question but it's my experience so i chimed in.  

18 hours ago, AWACSooner said:

No.  But I went to the Vegas game vs the Oilers three weeks ago to cross it off my pilgrimage (see other thread).

Good luck getting tix if it's a weekend game...if you do find em, you'll pay handsomely for them.

The arena is nice...they have a drumline for their "unique tradition"...their mascot is a lame looking Gila Monster...but their pre-game theatrics are downright epic!  Bring earplugs, because their arena speakers are set to 11!

Their unique arena food?  Sushi burrito.

It'd be a Tuesday most likely. ?

I was was wondering about food at arena because they clearly draw major competition immediately outside the arena. It's just steps away from things as cheap as Shake Shack and high end places like the Italian place inside NYNY and everything in between.

Yah...no shortage of eateries outside the arena.  Also, if you want to hit up the Armory (their fan shop), do it during the game...there’s a long line to get in there otherwise.