The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
AGRAFF

Where is management ?

On 2/27/2018 at 1:17 PM, OBXer said:

At some point I would like the word future banned from management lingo. As in we don't want to jeopardize the future.  One exception, it would be nice to hear someone in management say the FUTURE IS NOW.

I don't know very much about Dundon other than what I have read online, but if he really is a successful businessman, I don't think there is any way he can bring back this same "team" (FO and coach) and sell it to the fans.  Whether it is Francis, Peters, or both, someone has to go.  There is no way he can come back with a team that has not improved in 3 years and say "hey, be patient, we are on the right track.  It was all Rutherford's and Karamonos' fault."  Can't happen....someone has to pay the price.  Dundon has to come out and say "anything short of the playoffs next year is totally unacceptable."  I am going to the Winnipeg game Sunday night, but I'll not buy another ticket, etc., until this organization shows me they are serious about winning.

On 2/28/2018 at 9:26 AM, BoDarville said:

Replace "group" with something funny like "spaghetti," so we can at least laugh when we quote him:lol:

You just created a good forum meme.  Expect this to carry on for some time.

"We like our barium enema."

13 minutes ago, hag65 said:

You just created a good forum meme.  Expect this to carry on for some time.

"We like our barium enema."

We like our root canal.

• Like 1

I went back and listened to the Ron Francis post trade presser. He said we like our core not we like our group. Does this mean he forgot the company line or that we are about to move into the next phase of the rebuild. Are we ready to shed some of what hasn't worked and going out to build the team through trades and free agency around this core?

Last night reinforced what the fancy stats will show, You need skilled guys making high skill NHL plays to be a good team. Aho and TT are there. Aho is just off a 70 point pace and on a 30 goal pace, and TT is just behind him. J Willy, while getting long in the tooth is a prime example. No where near the speed or physical energy of a PDG but he makes plays and is on a 52 point pace.

Forward Core: Aho, TT, J Willy (next year), Skinner, J Staal, Lindy.

If we can add NHL high skill talent to that core, and find a goalie, we'll be good.

Dear management, RNH scored a goal in his return last night. Do yourself a favor and trade for this guy at the draft. You can thank me afterwards. 

-Sleek