The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
AWACSooner

FRANCHISE FIRED?!?!?!

Kicked upstairs. Ok fired with benefits. Odd timing but most of us knew something had to happen.

• Like 1

Now...as to BP.  I'm giving him the rest of the season to see how he handles this...if it's clear he's lost the locker room, then send him packing as well.  For the record: I think he's one hell of a good coach who would have massive success if he has the right players.  

• Like 3

When I saw the STM video of Dundon, he didn't look pleased with the product and promised the product would be better.

So now the big question. Candidates for the GM job????

Edited by hopper915

Let the interviews begin. I have no idea who would be on the list. Don Maloney did a lot with very little (under extreme duress as well) in Arizona. John Ferguson Jr. is still well regarded. Feaster has probably aged out. Tim Murry was a little too intense for me. If Ken Holland is let got in DET (as rumored), then he could be our man. Anyone have ideas for Mr. Dundon?

Better not be that fancy stats guy.  We have one of those with my company.   A numbers guy brought in made changes all our best sales reps left and that dude is still here because he saves the investors money. 

4 minutes ago, hopper915 said:

Maloney and Holland would be my first choices if we're looking for folks with GM experience...otherwise, see if Stevie Y's assistant GM is available.

• Like 1

I have to think Dundon has someone or at least a couple people in mind. I'm thinking you want him (new GM) in place before the draft.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, AWACSooner said:

wait...if he's going to be president of hockey operations, where's Waddell going?

Maybe gone?????:crossfingers:

HEY MAYBE JR IS COMING BACK!!! :sarcasmalert::couch:

Edited by hopper915

Wow big move this early.  It is an odd move though.  I feel like I could put up with about anything at work but to stay with the same place that my role was diminished? That would be tough. I would critique the crap out of all his moves.

candidates:

Inside candidate, Vellucci

Both TBL AGMs Breibois and Verbeek.  

TD loves this Whaler stuff.  Vellucci and Verbeek have Whaler ties.

Edited by gocanes0506

4 minutes ago, hopper915 said:

HEY MAYBE JR IS COMING BACK!!! :sarcasmalert::couch:

Can the mods please BAN this guy?!?!

;)

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, hopper915 said:

Paul Fenton - he’s Assistant GM with Nashville and has been associated with the team since the beginning.  Nashville, similar to Carolina, is a lower budget team that needs to develop players and be smart with contracts to have success.  They’ve done things exceptionally well compared to Carolina.  He seems worth pursuing.  And the team Fenton first played for in his NHL days?  The Hartford Whalers!

• Like 1

Just now, spyglass88 said:

Maybe this explains why RF's affect was so flat at the TD news conference?

Hate to break it to ya, but he's ALWAYS been that way...it was like watching Paul Maurice 2.0 at times.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, AWACSooner said:

Now...as to BP.  I'm giving him the rest of the season to see how he handles this...if it's clear he's lost the locker room, then send him packing as well.  For the record: I think he's one hell of a good coach who would have massive success if he has the right players.  

I think Dundon has already made that decision.  I think that he fires Mr. Kinetico Water, after the last game.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, wscaniac said:

I think Dundon has already made that decision.  I think that he fires Mr. Kinetico Water, after the last game.

I wouldn't be surprised...and if it does happen, I hope he gets picked up somewhere and has immense success.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, AWACSooner said:

I wouldn't be surprised...and if it does happen, I hope he gets picked up somewhere and has immense success.

Could we see a complete house cleaning? Peters, Brind'Amour, Bales.... I'd keep Smith though.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, hopper915 said:

Could we see a complete house cleaning? Peters, Brind'Amour, Bales.... I'd keep Smith though.

Nope...if he's going for a cleanout, clean them ALL out...

Smith is in charge of our atrocious PK unit, btw.