The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
AWACSooner

FRANCHISE FIRED?!?!?!

4 minutes ago, AWACSooner said:

Nope...if he's going for a cleanout, clean them ALL out...

Smith is in charge of our atrocious PK unit, btw.

I know. This season was atrocious. Previous seasons, tops in the league.

Though I agree it maybe time for a complete enema.

Isn't that the position we moved JR into so he could collect a paycheck before finding his next job?

Kinda bittersweet, I wanted to see Ronnie succeed in the GM role but it wasn't working.

Edited by legend-1
  • Like 3

11 minutes ago, AWACSooner said:

wait...if he's going to be president of hockey operations, where's Waddell going?

At TD's intro press conference, Waddell looked like someone had run over his dog.  And then, the only thing PK mentioned when a reporter asked him about advice he'd give TD, was something about the importance of season ticket holders.  Remember, Waddell cut down the number of discount tickets (and home attendance) because of season ticket holders.  So what was TDs first move?  Boosting home attendance in order to try to help the team win.  At the risk of p****** off STMs. 

I'd have been (I guess it's still "will be") surprised if Waddell wasn't let loose before next season. 

5 minutes ago, gocanes0506 said:

Wow big move this early.  It is an odd move though.  I feel like Im put up with about anything at work but to stay with the same place that my role was diminished? That would be tough. I would critique the crap out of all his moves.

candidates:

Inside candidate, Vellucci

Both TBL AGMs Breibois and Verbeek.  

TD loves this Whaler stuff.  Vellucci and Verbeek have Whaler ties.

My take is that TD loves the Whaler history and marketing potential.  But it's not like he's been historically involved with the franchise to where I could see past player ties making any difference to him.  Imo, he's going to get the best talent he can, regardless of past ties.

2 minutes ago, coastal_caniac said:

Go Dundon, let's just get it all done now.

Nah...if we're gonna fire Peters, why do it now with 18 games left?  That's just salt in the wound...

On reasons TD might have removed RF so quickly:

I know that the general consensus is that you build a team starting with defense.  But I seem to recall reading an article (probably advanced stats) several years ago that forwards were more important to success than D. Which Pitt (and arguably Chicago?) would seem to bear out.  IF (note the big "if") that's true, and that's what Tulsky reported to TD, then RFs drafting over his tenure could have been a major factor in TDs decision (first round picks including Fleury, Hanifin, and Bean).

Note that this is wild speculation, and completely off the top of my head.

Edited by LakeLivin

Now if only Peters were the next and followed closely by Ward, yes, the overrated, under performer that the good old boys have kept in place all these years. The greatest mediocre goalie to play 13 seasons leading team to NOWHERE (sorry, he did NOT lead the team to a Stanley Cup, he simply had ONE good series as a young rookie). If only we hadn't given up Khudobin but that was a great example of why Francis had to go. So the darling favorite of the uneducated fans with all the wrong moves who manages to convince the coaches he's more than he's ever been... Ward say's no? Please! we need to wake up and say NO to Ward as a first step. There does seem to be a core to build on but they need some butt kicking to stay motivated and Mr. Peters is not it. 4 years of the loser is enough.

Edited by NomarRamon

9 minutes ago, AWACSooner said:

Nah...if we're gonna fire Peters, why do it now with 18 games left?  That's just salt in the wound...

TD is impatient.  If it doesn't  work,fix it.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, NomarRamon said:

Now if only Peters were the next and followed closely by Ward, yes, the overrated, under performer that the good old boys have kept in place all these years. The greatest mediocre goalie to play 13 seasons leading team to NOWHERE (sorry, he did NOT lead the team to a Stanley Cup, he simply had ONE good series as a young rookie). If only we hadn't given up Khudobin but that was a great example of why Francis had to go. So the darling favorite of the uneducated fans with all the wrong moves who manages to convince the coaches he's more than he's ever been... Ward say's no? Please! we need to wake up and say NO to Ward as a first step. There does seem to be a core to build on but they need son *edit* kicking to stay motivated and Mr. Peters is not it. 4 years of the loser is enough.

No comment on the above content, but I think Nomar is Greg, sneaking back in after a couple year hiatus. :shifty:

Edited by LakeLivin
  • Like 2

I'd imagine you let your new GM fire BP. Letting Smith or Brindy finish the season as interim is semipointless they'd teach the same crap.

But boy if these guys are complacent now are they ever signing their death warrant.

Edited by legend-1

3 minutes ago, NomarRamon said:

Now if only Peters were the next and followed closely by Ward, yes, the overrated, under performer that the good old boys have kept in place all these years. The greatest mediocre goalie to play 13 seasons leading team to NOWHERE (sorry, he did NOT lead the team to a Stanley Cup, he simply had ONE good series as a young rookie). If only we hadn't given up Khudobin but that was a great example of why Francis had to go. So the darling favorite of the uneducated fans with all the wrong moves who manages to convince the coaches he's more than he's ever been... Ward say's no? Please! we need to wake up and say NO to Ward as a first step. There does seem to be a core to build on but they need some butt kicking to stay motivated and Mr. Peters is not it. 4 years of the loser is enough.

Hell of a way to **** people off right after joining the boards...but to each, their own I guess...

Ward is the reason we're not in the damn cellar this season.  His issue is that we're not getting him protection in front of the net...and not getting any firepower on a consistent basis.  Who's job is that to reconcile?  The GM's...

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, NomarRamon said:

Welcome back Greg.  You still suuck.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, coastal_caniac said:

Now we have some popcorn to get this board through the golf dates of another failed season.

I'm excited as hell to go forward.

Go Canes!

Well this is a good first step...but it needs to be the first of MANY steps to get the fan base to put their torches and pitchforks away.

• Like 5

23 minutes ago, coastal_caniac said:

I expect Peters to also be out when the season concludes.

Damn, what happens to the kid with the water stand? 

• Like 1

Who's Greg? I assure I am not. If Greg could have posted what i just did then he must have been and astute poster. I have watched Ward since his first season and he has never demonstrated high skills. I played the position (through college) and as a result found it easy to pick apart his glaring weaknesses and poor fundamentals. He is just not very good but for some reason his good 4 games in 2006 made him a mainstay.

1 minute ago, NomarRamon said:

Who's Greg? I assure I am not. If Greg could have posted what i just did then he must have been and astute poster. I have watched Ward since his first season and he has never demonstrated high skills. I played the position (through college) and as a result found it easy to pick apart his glaring weaknesses and poor fundamentals. He is just not very good but for some reason his good 4 games in 2006 made him a mainstay.

Oh bloody hell...really?
So I guess 2009 was an anomaly as well?

12 minutes ago, NomarRamon said:

You really are not starting off in the blue paint.  But welcome.

Edited by coastal_caniac