The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
AWACSooner

FRANCHISE FIRED?!?!?!

Yay!! At the end of the season, complete Spring Clean. I'm very optimistic now!!! Gotta LOVE TD for having the foresight and guts to do this. IT sends a BIG message to the Cane's organization.

3 minutes ago, slapshot02 said:

TD fires RF before RF can fire BP as the fall guy. Checkmate TD.

I am expecting a who the *edit* is that GM announcement but you know, at least this process isn't going to fit the country club and I'm all for that.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AWACSooner said:

Oh bloody hell...really?
So I guess 2009 was an anomaly as well?

Stopped clock, blind squirrel ,....etc.

I was on the plane to Antigua, when the airline pilot called out NomarRamon and wxray and said: "Folks, I need to show some fav-or-i-tism and turn this plane around so these guys can get back to the hockey boards.  Big news from Edwards Mill!"  So, he turned the plane around and Greg and I got off.  :)

Nomar: the Greg thing is a long story.  Ignore us...  Welcome, I think!  :)

I swear to you people I was so depressed this morning that I really wanted away because of all the inaction from this organization.  I'm glad Dundon is doing something.  We love Franchise, but the GM thing just wasn't working out.

2 minutes ago, winger52 said:

If he is serious about cleaning house, bring in a experienced coaching staff.

I still want Rod here with the organization, though...like head of player conditioning or something.  Or send him to Charlotte as HC

• Like 1

I hope we keep BP and give him the money and personnel hes been asking for.  

If BP can accomplish what he has with about the 30th best talent in the league that guy deserves some arrows for his quiver.  

The disappointing thing is we've not gotten any better in the years of rebuilding we've dedicated ourselves to despite last year having a zillion high draft picks.  Last year was the year to cash those in EVEN if it only meant moving up in the draft by trading them.  Now we've got a log jam in our roster spots.

Does anyone think a guy like Lou Lamoriello would have managed this team (even without money) the same way personnel wise if he were in Jersey?  Ummm no.  Lou would have traded his mother and sister for a new lawn mower and a nice set of hedges if he thought the house needed it.  

That kind of creativity is what's needed in this role.

• Like 6

Regarding the head coaching decision: how much you want to bet that TD has gotten input from certain players on the team (cough, cough, Willams, cough)? 

I'm for picking up the eraser and just starting over with a hockey philosophy that doesn't include el-cheapo, hesitation in decision making, no decisions, or doing things just cause.

The franchise needs something drastic to throw a lifeline to the quick sand.

• Like 1

Just now, LakeLivin said:

Regarding the head coaching decision: how much you want to bet that TD has gotten input from certain players on the team (cough, cough, Willams, cough)? 

At this point, if he does stay, he needs to be told he's on a short leash for next season...

20 minutes ago, NomarRamon said:

Who's Greg? I assure I am not. If Greg could have posted what i just did then he must have been and astute poster. I have watched Ward since his first season and he has never demonstrated high skills. I played the position (through college) and as a result found it easy to pick apart his glaring weaknesses and poor fundamentals. He is just not very good but for some reason his good 4 games in 2006 made him a mainstay.

HE had more than 4 good games in playoffs, you werent   watching.......

GM candidates mentioned include Dean Lombardi, some guy in Toronto's organization and as was mentioned, Paul Fenton. Dean Lombardi, btw, was GM with Darryl Sutter as HC.

Edited by KJUNKANE

There was obviously tension developing between Francis and Peters and I thought only one could survive into next season. For the moment Peters is still in a job. A new GM will want to make his own choices including coaches.  One of the biggest problems I saw or see with the management of this team has been indecision. Almost when in doubt do nothing. That may be unfair but the failure to adapt to evolving situations saw us stagnate this season. If Peters does get to stay, I have my doubts, he needs to learn from this. If not I doubt he will be here long.

One thing is for sure, Dundon can be decisive.

• Like 6

With the ownership change, it was only a matter of time before TD brought in his own people to run things. 

I thought this this would happen in the off season.  But this announcement may have been his way of putting everyone on notice that things need to change in a hurry.

hopefully this lights a fire under this team that is about as tough as a box of tissue paper.

so sick of watching the same garbage. Time to toughen this team up and get some players in the lineup who won’t quit on the job.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, OBXer said:

There was obviously tension developing between Francis and Peters and I thought only one could survive into next season. For the moment Peters is still in a job. A new GM will want to make his own choices including coaches.  One of the biggest problems I saw or see with the management of this team has been indecision. Almost when in doubt do nothing. That may be unfair but the failure to adapt to evolving situations saw us stagnate this season. If Peters does get to stay, I have my doubts he needs to learn from this. If not I doubt he will be here long.

One thing is for sure, Dundon can be decisive.

+1

We've all been in business meetings where the equivalent of co-captains were created.   For example, projects that are not cancelled, but semi-shelved.  This never ends well.

It didn't end well on Edwards Mill.

• Like 2

This team needs to restructure the forward lines.  Way too many players who are very similar up front.

biggest area of concern is still a goalie that can stop a few pucks.

I still don’t understand how defense has regressed so much this year.

Another aspect, the media is saying that getting a running start on getting a new GM might be ideal at a time when there might be a lot of change throughout the league? One question I have is with no GM now, who makes the decision to bring up AHLers should the HC want, Dundon?

5 minutes ago, KJUNKANE said:

Another aspect, the media is saying that getting a running start on getting a new GM might be ideal at a time when there might be a lot of change throughout the league? One question I have is with no GM now, who makes the decision to bring up AHLers should the HC want, Dundon?

Im sure the assistant steps up.