The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
CanesFan2003

Taking Care of Canes Fans - In General

All good points. Along with the team doing their job on the ice to keep the visiting fans from cheering, no harm in making sure those fans don’t get too cozy in our quarters. ??

Just say you're a huge hockey and Canes fan. A STH for years.  You move to Nashville TN for work, and end up a Predators STH because you love the game.  You pull for the Predators, and over time, you really become a fan, but that one time a year the Canes come to town, you want to support the Canes.  What is the issue with that?  

On the PNC experience, try not sucking for a couple of years and get back with me

Edited by super_dave_1
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, caniac-1-1 said:

Are there any legal issues with putting the camera on a person wearing a visiting team's jersey and adding insulting captions, like they used to do with players in the penalty box?

That happened to Mrs. Wx and I in Tampa. We literally were like the only people wearing Canes jerseys (a few years back, a very bad year).  The insult was mild and kind of hilarious (something about loneliness).   We had a good laugh over it with our section mates -- who were actually very gracious.

Edited by wxray1
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, super_dave_1 said:

Just say you're a huge hockey and Canes fan. A STH for years.  You move to Nashville TN for work, and end up a Predators STH because you love the game.  You pull for the Predators, and over time, you really become a fan, but that one time a year the Canes come to town, you want to support the Canes.  What is the issue with that?  

On the PNC experience, try not sucking for a couple of years and get back with me

Uh oh, you're injecting a rational point that runs counter to emotions. :o

:D

2 minutes ago, LakeLivin said:

Uh oh, you're injecting a rational point that runs counter to emotions. :o

:D

If you become a Preds fan, be a Preds fan.  If you stay a Canes fan, stay a Canes fan.  That's the very definition of a rational (1 to 1) argument.   

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, caniac-1-1 said:

If you become a Preds fan, be a Preds fan.  If you stay a Canes fan, stay a Canes fan.  That's the very definition of a rational (1 to 1) argument.   

With all due respect, that's just stupid

Remember, I did say "With all due respect"

• Like 1

Just now, super_dave_1 said:

With all due respect, that's just stupid

Remember, I did say "With all due respect"

It is beautiful in its simplicity, but perhaps not simple enough for everyone.  I will keep working on it.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, super_dave_1 said:

You pull for the Predators, and over time, you really become a fan, but that one time a year the Canes come to town, you want to support the Canes.

Fantastic. Get NHL Center Ice and support the hell out of them. From the comfort of your own damned living room.

I do not know what's more disappointing, another season without playoff hockey, or most of the comments in this thread. Are there really some people here who are so intimidated by someone not wearing the red, black and white?

Ideally, I'd rather a foreign fan come and spend money at our arena, buying our concessions, putting butts in the stands and adding to our revenue, rather than squandered it away on a TV service like NHL Center Ice.

And if you're so butthurt about other fans at the arena, why don't you enjoy the game "from the comfort of your own damned living room"?

Edited by Irbe4Weekes
questionable profanity

41 minutes ago, surfzone365 said:

I have to say this is one of the more humorous and interesting threads on this board, bar none. ??

Sounds like the cell reception I often get out where I live. :P

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Irbe4Weekes said:

Are there really some people here who are so intimidated by someone not wearing the red, black and white?

It's got nothing to do with intimidation and everything to do with asshattery--theirs.

I can see how some would view others who aren't consistent in their support of the Canes as "traitors", and wouldn't begrudge anyone whatever feelings that might elicit.  But people are different, and to adopt the position that because someone else supports the Canes differently than you do, they shouldn't attend games?  Isn't that literally the definition of intolerance? 

Edited by LakeLivin

4 hours ago, wxray1 said:

That happened to Mrs. Wx and I in Tampa. We literally were like the only people wearing Canes jerseys (a few years back, a very bad year).  The insult was mild and kind of hilarious (something about loneliness).   We had a good laugh over it with our section mates -- who were actually very gracious.

Yah...more often than not, I’ve always been treated graciously by opposing fans during the away games...I wonder why ;)

25 minutes ago, AWACSooner said:

Yah...more often than not, I’ve always been treated graciously by opposing fans during the away games...I wonder why ;)

They know

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, AWACSooner said:

Hmm, I'm guessing your profile pic might hold a clue? :D

9 hours ago, caniac-1-1 said:

Are there any legal issues with putting the camera on a person wearing a visiting team's jersey and adding insulting captions, like they used to do with players in the penalty box?

8 hours ago, top-shelf-1 said:

I think you misunderstood caniac's idea. Just a random shot, as done with the kiss cam or any of the other fan-featuring video interludes, just targeting people in other-than-Canes gear, with a caption (like maybe, "Wrong barn, cowpoke!"). 

Or, you were being sarcastic. :shifty:

This was many years ago at PNC, probably RBC Center at the time.  I think the Canes were playing Boston and during the Kiss Cam they go through several couples then fix on a pair of men wearing Bruins jerseys, two more couples, then back to the Boston guys, crowd laughs, repeat.  The Boston guys were not amused.  The last time the camera fixed on the Boston guys, one of them flipped the camara the bird. And that was the end of that!  Never saw anything similar at later games, I think lesson learned.

Let's just charge visitor's colors double for parking and call it a day.  And before somebody says how do know who they are, you are promoted from head of parking cones to head of figuring that out.  

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, coastal_caniac said:

Let's just charge visitor's colors double for parking and call it a day.  And before somebody says how do know who they are, you are promoted from head of parking cones to head of figuring that out.  

They have to pass a canes quiz before they can park. Then again, perhaps real Canes fans would fail this quiz!:unsure:

Some history and perspective..

From the time arena opened until 2006, always complaints about "visiting fans" taking over arena( esp detriot, Toronto and rangers).. The Canadian influence died when the Canadian telecoms moved out of rtp.. and from 2006-2010 the arena became "our house" and rarely saw complaints about this or threads( the big exception buffalo from the playoff debacle, where outside fans were able to get 3rd round tickets for face at box office)- and more talking how "nice" to talk with visiting fans from another team.

Now these silly threads come back( only get one guess what changed last 7 years..).

The Solution is obvious.. and will also say, 90% of visiting fans good and fine-and its more a "me" problem then a visiting fan problem.  Have zero problem with the arena being a loud crowded place, * people always show for winners*...

And find it very ironic and hysterical that the loudest and biggest complainers in these type of threads are doing so from home and don't even go to the games!..People that act like jerks.. will always act like jerks be it in a canes uni or other team.. that will never change

• Like 1

1 hour ago, canes2017 said:

Some history and perspective..

From the time arena opened until 2006, always complaints about "visiting fans" taking over arena( esp detriot, Toronto and rangers).. The Canadian influence died when the Canadian telecoms moved out of rtp.. and from 2006-2010 the arena became "our house" and rarely saw complaints about this or threads( the big exception buffalo from the playoff debacle, where outside fans were able to get 3rd round tickets for face at box office)- and more talking how "nice" to talk with visiting fans from another team.

Now these silly threads come back( only get one guess what changed last 7 years..).

The Solution is obvious.. and will also say, 90% of visiting fans good and fine-and its more a "me" problem then a visiting fan problem.  Have zero problem with the arena being a loud crowded place, * people always show for winners*...

And find it very ironic and hysterical that the loudest and biggest complainers in these type of threads are doing so from home and don't even go to the games!..People that act like jerks.. will always act like jerks be it in a canes uni or other team.. that will never change

Even when the numbers are skewed badly like the Boston game last night... when we are winning its not really an issue.  The crowd was fine until the meltdown and the walkout.

Lets start winning.  Cures all ills.

• Like 2