The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
OBXer

The Search (Hurricanes need a GM)

Cant believe anyone is panicking over these changes. Its sad about RF but he and Peters failed the rebuild and there was no choice but to let them go.  I like Dundons style. I think he knows what he is doing and the whole “cheapskate” thing is baloney generated by someone in the press.  We will have a GM, head coach, new lead scout, and the number 2 pick along with some big trades and aquisitions once the summer gets rolling.   Its going to be the most exciting Canes summer possibly ever.   Just chill cliff jumpers. Time for an instant rebuild with some $ behind it. Vegas proved long term rebuilds are a joke.  Your either great or your not. We are not. We have a new owner who is obsessed with making sure we will be next year.  Heck yeah. And dont get me wrong, RF did pretty good building the farm with draft picks but he relied to heavily on this and it didnt work.  Its the NHL, 18 yr old kids wont get u to the playoffs. RF has set us up for a bright future after we bring in some Vets to guide them and show them how to block shots and get to the net. 

• Like 1

Not the GM but the latest addition to the committee

19 minutes ago, OBXer said:

Not the GM but the latest addition to the committee

A good person to have in the org, but not really sure why he didn't come in as the GM.  Dundon has other people in mind?

3 minutes ago, realmdrakkar said:

A good person to have in the org, but not really sure why he didn't come in as the GM.  Dundon has other people in mind?

I don't think we have an answer to why or whats next. He [Dundon] does seem to have a business model. We just don't know what it is yet.

2 minutes ago, OBXer said:

I don't think we have an answer to why or whats next. He [Dundon] does seem to have a business model. We just don't know what it is yet.

And most business leaders keep it to themselves instead of telegraphing it.   It will be very different than PK/JR, that's for sure.  And it is rubbing the Old Guys Club raw.  I kind of like that.  Still, waiting for the final product.  I'm both excited and nervous.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Danimal38 said:

Vegas proved long term rebuilds are a joke.  Your either great or your not.

Wise man once say: "If you ain't first, you're last."

• Like 2

Dudley meets the press

22 minutes ago

New Sr. VP of Hockey Operations Rick Dudley says the team has put together a talented, young group that is on the cusp: "A lot of pieces there that can be worked with."

Dudley on the : "I just felt good about the organization."

Dudley said there are a few areas that the could improve upon. "Some of the solutions may already be in the organization," he said, adding that the team has stockpiled young talent.

No disrespect to this guy but is there a team he hasn’t been associated with?  Waddell and Dudley two ex Thrasher GMs what could go wrong? Odd for the Canes to be still be looking for their next GM while hiring people that will work for the GM. I hope he left behind his expertise that contributed to Montreal fighting for 27th place this past season. 

• Like 2

I’m not going to be shocked when Dundon reverses field and names Waddell GM. Excited and nervous is a good way to put it. What we’re doing under Francis clearly had taken us as far as it could. It’s Dundon’s money, so we’ll just have to see how this plays out. He has been successful at everything else he has done. Maybe an unconventional approach will work. I sure hope so.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, bluedevilcane said:

I’m not going to be shocked when Dundon reverses field and names Waddell GM. Excited and nervous is a good way to put it. What we’re doing under Francis clearly had taken us as far as it could. It’s Dundon’s money, so we’ll just have to see how this plays out. He has been successful at everything else he has done. Maybe an unconventional approach will work. I sure hope so.

Stir the pot bd.