The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
OBXer

The Search (Hurricanes need a GM)

The XM morning guys were speculating today that Waddell is just a filter or buffer to Dudley, who will be de facto GM.

Judging by Ricky and Tommy's actions ?, they need a filter ?‍♂️ between them.  

4 hours ago, wxray1 said:

The XM morning guys were speculating today that Waddell is just a filter or buffer to Dudley, who will be de facto GM.

??‍♂️

I really hope that's wrong. That would be wrong in so many ways.

I really think if Dundon wants a figure head, he can find some young gun to actually be the GM Vice Chairman twice removed of the Decision Committee.

And just to make sure there is no doubt, I'd do it for $500K/year. I'll just sit quietly in the corner and speak only if asked.

22 hours ago, cc said:

Stir the pot bd.

What pot did I stir? Another post about 5 before mine said they were “excited and nervous” at the way things were going. I repeated that thought. Also saying you hope an unconventional approach will work is stirring the pot? I think it’s expressing an opinion which is what I thought the board was for. Whatever .......

11 hours ago, bluedevilcane said:

What pot did I stir? Another post about 5 before mine said they were “excited and nervous” at the way things were going. I repeated that thought. Also saying you hope an unconventional approach will work is stirring the pot? I think it’s expressing an opinion which is what I thought the board was for. Whatever .......

Really?  Are you claiming that your input does not incite meaningful discourse. i.e "stirring the pot"?.  I was thinking that was yours and others aim in posting.  I must have misinterpreted .  Please accept my sincere apology.  I was not aware that  "stirring the pot" was a trigger phrase.  Thank you for a nice laugh in the morning.

13 hours ago, cc said:

Really?  Are you claiming that your input does not incite meaningful discourse. i.e "stirring the pot"?.  I was thinking that was yours and others aim in posting.  I must have misinterpreted .  Please accept my sincere apology.  I was not aware that  "stirring the pot" was a trigger phrase.  Thank you for a nice laugh in the morning.

13 hours ago, cc said:

“Stirring the pot” really adds to meaningful discourse. It was such an insightful comment. Now I understand your point? There was none.

1 hour ago, bluedevil58 said:

I think the GM search is over TBH.  I think we have our GM.  Now to find the right coach.

Anything new on that, or just conjecture? Not that he might not posture, but Waddell has said he's not a candidate for the job.

1 hour ago, remkin said:

Anything new on that, or just conjecture? Not that he might not posture, but Waddell has said he's not a candidate for the job.

I would be surprised if it doesn't go to him.  Just my hunch.   I have not heard a rumor or anything of the sort.  I also feel the HC job will go to Velucci or Brindy.  I would be shocked if we bring in a Daryll Suter but would be ecstatic if we did.  Let's see how this pans out.