The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
gocanes0506

2018 NHL Draft

I wonder if Ottawa would be interested in a trade.  Canes throw in couple of players and maybe a draft pick and if Montreal takes Zadina  then the canes take Tkachuk or vice versa Montreal takes Tkachuk the canes take Zadina.  Sounds pretty good to me.

2 minutes ago, playruffcaniac said:

I wonder if Ottawa would be interested in a trade.  Canes throw in couple of players and maybe a draft pick and if Montreal takes Zadina  then the canes take Tkachuk or vice versa Montreal takes Tkachuk the canes take Zadina.  Sounds pretty good to me.

I would doubt it as I think, what with the chaos in Ottawa now, that they should just go for a rebuild, not retool?

Luke DeCock tweeted only a couple of hours dodging Svech to Canes talk, Svech is drinking coffee with TD.  I don’t see why both sides just say it’s happening.  

When it comes to who can play the role of worse  GM up in Canada  between the habs and the sens  it's as if they both  are singing that song  " anything you can do  I can do better , I can do anything better than you "   at showing how bad they can be  at trading  players  .  lol  there was some hold my beer moments leading up to this draft for sure lol 

Edited by Canesfanforever

1 hour ago, KJUNKANE said:

Not close brother though, or in the same scope of player?

Yes, not so close as a brother. But better then nothing. It is good when you have somebody speaking the same language and knowing how things work here when you move. When I moved here the fact that there were several russian-speaking colleagues helped me a lot

A lot of moving parts today as GMs are posturing for draft day. This could either be one of the most interesting, move filled drafts or the biggest dud day in terms of fan expectations; including mine.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, top-shelf-1 said:

LeBrun is saying that Lindholm is actually drawing more attention than Skinner at the moment.

With the leak yesterday (intentional leak I suspect) that Canes offering just over $4 mil and Lindy wanting just over $5 mil other teams Know what he wants. We don't know what term Lindy wants or at least I haven't seen anything. The thinking is if he is shopped a team would want to know he would sign an extension before making the deal.

21 minutes ago, OBXer said:

A lot of moving parts today as GMs are posturing for draft day. This could either be one of the most interesting, move filled drafts or the biggest dud day in terms of fan expectations; including mine.

Yep which is why im goin to the draft party with my popcorn.

5 minutes ago, OBXer said:

(intentional leak I suspect) 

Totally. And, if the interest is as intense as LeBrun suggests, that might persuade The Committee that they are undervaluing him.

Edited by top-shelf-1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, top-shelf-1 said:

Totally. And, if the interest is as intense as LeBrun suggests, that might persuade The Committee that they are undervaluing him.

Yeah. I suspect (I don't really know) that part of Dundon's method of putting everyone not named Aho up for trade offers is as much about finding their worth as making a deal.

That doesn't preclude the belief that we will make moves.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, OBXer said:

With the leak yesterday (intentional leak I suspect) that Canes offering just over $4 mil and Lindy wanting just over $5 mil other teams Know what he wants. We don't know what term Lindy wants or at least I haven't seen anything. The thinking is if he is shopped a team would want to know he would sign an extension before making the deal.

What’s Lindy smoking?

1 minute ago, AWACSooner said:

What’s Lindy smoking?

Whatever it is, I want some. He ain't worth that much. Not until he shows some consistency. All he has shown us is occasional flashes of his potential.

3 minutes ago, AWACSooner said:

What’s Lindy smoking?

Nothing. $5 million is right on the predicted salary for a guy with his stats to this point. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, top-shelf-1 said:

Nothing. $5 million is right on the predicted salary for a guy with his stats to this point. 

He deserves a “show me” contract at this point 

Well this salary predictor  (Matt Cane) that Canes Country is quoting puts Lindy's value just under $5 mil per for 5 years.

As to what Lindy is smoking I'm not sure but if he signs anything like that he will have money to burn ?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, AWACSooner said:

He deserves a “show me” contract at this point

I understand some people feel that way, but he's just coming off one, and is UFA eligible in two years. So as a piece on CanesCountry notes (hat tip to slapshot), you're also buying some of that eligibility. That piece also includes this little tidbit, a callback to Rem's post earlier in the week about our flawed perception on Lindholm's value:

According to Matt Cane’s contract predictor model, Lindholm is expected to get a five-year, $25 million contract ($5 million AAV) based on his performance and taking into account comparable players and what they received.

For some reason I have a feeling there will be more tonight than our second OA gift pick. If TD is going to make a splash why not in his home town of Dallas where they do everything bigly....Huuuuge.

Edited by slapshot02
  • Like 4

It will definitely be a much more interesting first round day if we make a deal. However, yesterday on XM they were asking a guy the covers Buffalo what they need to do around the draft and he said, well basically just picking Dahlin will make it a great day. Well ditto with Svech.

We've seen this coming for so long it's almost anticlimactic, but this is huge!!