The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
gocanes0506

2018 NHL Draft

I came across TSN hockey trade bait board list and i thought i would post a few on the list. 30 names on the list but i thought i would just list a few that might involve the canes somewhere down the road. Of course a lot of you may have already seen this list.

2) O'Reilly

3)Skinner

5)Grubauer

7)Falk

8)Lindolm

13)Hanifin

17)Lucic

48 minutes ago, Canes06cup17 said:

I bet Grubauer goes to the Island with his former coach. 

Possible , the caps  are wanting a 1st round pick for him  and if it happens  the islanders do have another  pick in the top 15   to use .  and then the caps can try their hand at who they signed next season in that Russian goalie Samsonov .  

25 minutes ago, Canesfanforever said:

Possible , the caps  are wanting a 1st round pick for him  and if it happens  the islanders do have another  pick in the top 15   to use .  and then the caps can try their hand at who they signed next season in that Russian goalie Samsonov .  

Grubauer and Orpik went to the Avalanche for the 47th pick

2 minutes ago, gocanes0506 said:

Grubauer and Orpik went to the Avalanche for the 47th pick

Sort of surprised that's all it took. Guessing the price for us and the Islanders must've been higher (the whole "trading within the division" thing)

They just said that Carolina is “chomping at the bit” to get another first round pick.

Reading and listening to other stuff it sounds like management is getting impatient. I think they are feeling pressure to get the fan base excited.

Part of me wants a trade to get excited about, part of me says don’t get impatient and take less than fair value.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Kyrule said:

Reading and listening to other stuff it sounds like management is getting impatient. I think they are feeling pressure to get the fan base excited.

Yeah I think they have to pull the trigger on something. You can't prep a fan base by telling them everyone is available and we are going to be better and not do something.Of course the 2nd pick will soften other non-moves

Just now, super_dave_1 said:

Well, Orpik couldn't have come here anyway

It is being reported Colorado will buy out Orpik. I wonder if we balked at taking him and buying him out.

1 minute ago, super_dave_1 said:

Well, Orpik couldn't have come here anyway

Ah that was the deal breaker.

NHL Network reporting that the Canes are working hard to make a trade to get a 2nd pick in the 1st round.

Naming Skinner, Faulk and Lindholm.

I won't stop being nervous until the slugs make their pick. If there is one team that can muck it up for us it's them.

(not that the alternative would be bad)

• Like 1

Just now, OBXer said:

I won't stop being nervous until the slugs make their pick. If there is one team that can muck it up for us it's them.

And if there's a second one, it's us.  Do the thing, DW...

• Like 2

Watching the coverage since 5:00pm Eastern, you would think this is the Tkachuk and Hughes draft.

I was hoping that NBCSN and NHL Network wouldn’t follow TSN and Sportsnet and show bias. 

I fully expect Buffalo to pick and then after gushing over Dahlin, they cut to commercial and come back, announce the Canes pick, and then focus on Montreal.

• Like 2