The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
gocanes0506

2018 NHL Draft

Can’t believe Islanders could get Dobson and Wahlstrom. If you told me they would go 11 and 12 I would have said you are crazy. Dobson was number 5 on 5 of 10 scouts’ lists.

Ridiculous.

They had Barzel fall to them and now this.

Edited by Kyrule

Just now, Kyrule said:

And there he goes.

This pisses me off. Another lucky Metro team.

Yeah it feels like they got a steal with both picks. I never thought there was much chance of Tavares leaving and I think these picks only further solidified him staying put. 

There are still good forwards left, but no one is trading, and with Wahlstrom gone, not sure who we'd trade that would get the pick

24 minutes ago, bluedevil58 said:

Was it just me or did Dundon look like an underdressed sleeze ball up there?

Nah, when your a billionaire that just spent $500 mil on buying a team u dress how u want.  No need to impress we know your richer than rich.  He is showing he is down to earth and there are more important things than his expensive suit. 

3 minutes ago, cclifford10 said:

Seems like all the trade rumors are fizzling....

For tonight anyway

4 minutes ago, cclifford10 said:

Seems like all the trade rumors are fizzling....

As they should be.  Let's trade Skinner a 30 goal scorer for a one day maybe NHL player.  Let's trade Hanifin and Faulk 2 top 4 dmen for a maybe one day NHL player.  I for one am relieved we are not unloading our NHL players for future assets.

We have our impact now forward for the 1st time in forever.  I truly cannot name a forward that we drafted in the 1st that was an impact now player.  Granted I am speculating but history has shown with Laine, Marner, Nylander, Firch and so on that the projections for the most part are true.

Edited by bluedevil58

1 minute ago, bluedevil58 said:

As they should be.  Let's trade Skinner a 30 goal scorer for a one day maybe NHL player.  Let's trade Hanifin and Faulk 2 top 4 dmen for a maybe one day NHL player.  I for one am relieved we are not unloading our NHL players for future assets.

I doubt we would of unloaded any of the players you mentioned for the draft pick alone.

I think Tkachuk, Zadina or Wahlstrom would have been worth trading for. The guys left aren't. Some will, but too hard to say which one, so it's not worth trading for.

3 minutes ago, remkin said:

I think Tkachuk, Zadina or Wahlstrom would have been worth trading for. The guys left aren't. Some will, but too hard to say which one, so it's not worth trading for.

Yep.  good night!

22 minutes ago, Danimal38 said:

Nah, when your a billionaire that just spent $500 mil on buying a team u dress how u want.  No need to impress we know your richer than rich.  He is showing he is down to earth and there are more important things than his expensive suit. 

I don’t think he owns a suit.