The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
gocanes0506

2018 NHL Draft

31 minutes ago, realmdrakkar said:

There should be a limit as to how many people are on the stage for the draftee to have to shake hands with.  Poor Kupari is probably going to have to break out the Bengay after that mess.

We are getting to the point the players will be at center ice to put in the jersey, if they can get past all the staff, children, grand kids and hanger ons. 

Edited by winger52

42 minutes ago, RickD_99 said:

What he did to Cole is precisely why you should want him on your team instead of an opposing team...and BTW he’s a damn good hockey player! He was terrific for the Caps in the playoffs this year. Do you want to win or do you want to continue the Lady Byng approach that has netted 0 playoff appearances in 9 years?

I smell donkey

• Like 1

Well I guess some of the talking heads who said Kovalchuk has to be signed and Karlsson have to traded before others move were right.

Edited by gocanes0506

Michael Smith
·
3m

#Canes GM Don Waddell on the draft board: "There are a couple guys that we really like. I’m going to head back to the table in a second because we may try to get a pick late in the round if possible if one guy is still there that we really like."
  • Like 1

Well Svech it is. You can't be unhappy with that

Up the board I thought Isles and Wings did well

Our remaining picks tomorrow.

Rd   PK    Overall

2     11      42                                
4      3       96    ARI-CAR                            
4     11     104                            
6     11     166                                    
7     11     197                                    
7     30     216    VGK-CAR

9 minutes ago, realmdrakkar said:

Day 1 was at least a 2 out of 10 on my excitement meter, maybe even a 2.3.  Svech tho.

We got him though.   Mission accomplished in my book.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, super_dave_1 said:

Watching that was like watching a soccer game.  I kept waiting for something to happen

True that with all the hype going in about trades, etc. Maybe with the excitement of miraculously winning the 2OA pick back when, I somehow thought the organization was going to be more aggressive, that and the new owners zeal. But NO, nada YET. 

11 minutes ago, super_dave_1 said:

Watching that was like watching a soccer game.  I kept waiting for something to happen

I was thinking something would happen too.  It is a weird but nice feeling to be disappointed that we didn’t make a big move yesterday. Usually its a feeling of status quo.

14 minutes ago, KJUNKANE said:

True that with all the hype going in about trades, etc. Maybe with the excitement of miraculously winning the 2OA pick back when, I somehow thought the organization was going to be more aggressive, that and the new owners zeal. But NO, nada YET. 

I think they were aggressive - i just don't think anyone else was willing to tango.  If they truly offered more for Grubauer than Colorado did and were turned down, there isn't much else they could have done there.  And once they got past the top 12, i'm glad they weren't so preoccupied with making a move that they traded Skinner & Lindholm for a 20-something pick that may not have ever amounted to anything.  I'm definitely hoping for some activity today, though (just not Skinner & Lindholm for a 40-something!).

1 hour ago, KJUNKANE said:

Yep, quiet for all teams. It takes two to tango and no one wanted to dance.

Kovalchuk and Tavares are clogging up the trade market big time.  Once those dominoes fall, I think you will see a flurry.  But that may not happen until next weekend.

2 minutes ago, slapshot02 said:

Yep, quiet for all teams. It takes two to tango and no one wanted to dance.

A lot of it has to do with the whole Kovy deal  for some of the teams .  Why give up an asset when you dont need to if Kovy will be on your team .   A lot of teams are playing their Cards closer to their chest  because of what happened last year . No one was expecting the Knights to do well  last year and now teams are more Guarded about giving up a guy  that could come back to haunt them ,  I'm sure there will be a few Salary dumps  or guys being put on waivers  but that is no reason to believe that those teams are not looking to improve their core  and by doing that it might be  keeping guys  that would be considered to be traded this year .  

Dave Reid was gushing over Svechnikov. Comparing him to Blake Wheeler. Saying don't be surprise if he puts up 20 goals this season. :crossfingers:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, hopper915 said:

Dave Reid was gushing over Svechnikov. Comparing him to Blake Wheeler. Saying don't be surprise if he puts up 20 goals this season. :crossfingers:

I saw that too .   Svechnikov has been compared to  . Ovechkin , Kucherov , Wheeler , Hossa , Erik Cole , Scheifele , Kuznetsov , Malkin , and a few others I cant remember . 

I was listening to XM's coverage on the way to work this morning. They did interview Svech. One of their guys said Svech could put up 30 goals this year. I'm not expecting that, but this is an elite guy we just got, and it is far from impossible. 

Now, which Finn are we getting in the second round?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, remkin said:

I was listening to XM's coverage on the way to work this morning. They did interview Svech. One of their guys said Svech could put up 30 goals this year. I'm not expecting that, but this is an elite guy we just got, and it is far from impossible. 

Now, which Finn are we getting in the second round?

Hopefully someone that is a Steal  !