The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
gocanes0506

2018 NHL Draft

13 hours ago, RickD_99 said:

What he did to Cole is precisely why you should want him on your team instead of an opposing team...and BTW he’s a damn good hockey player! He was terrific for the Caps in the playoffs this year. Do you want to win or do you want to continue the Lady Byng approach that has netted 0 playoff appearances in 9 years?

No, what he did to Cole was criminal back when he did it. In today's NHL, it's punishable by death.

There is a difference between playing hard and clean and playing cheap and dirty, and that difference is Brooks Orpik.

• Like 3

I love Zdina's attitude. His tweet concerning Montreal and Ottawa was priceless, saying he was going to fill their nets for passing on him.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, hopper915 said:

I love Zdina's attitude. His tweet concerning Montreal and Ottawa was priceless, saying he was going to fill their nets for passing on him.

Well now he can fill both their nets because they both passed on him. 

Excited about Svechnikov, but there is no way the Canes make the playoffs this year without fixing the goalie situation.  The scary thing is that there just aren't many options. 

It is hard to imagine Darling turning it around.  I just don't think he has what it takes.  When you are being paid the way he is being paid, and then show up to camp out of shape with no recent surgeries or injuries to blame there is no excuse....none, zero, nada.  That speaks volumes about his character.

Hoping they can pull a rabbit out of the hat.

• Like 2

Just now, Canesfanforever said:

Gauthier playing with the Canes next season ? 

Not unless his consistency doubled.  

We already have 4-5 rookies playing on the roster, unless we trade them.  Cant see adding Gauthier until Williams comes off.

Gauthier struggled mightily at the start of the year, and was basically put on the 4th line and even scratched to get him on page. Reportedly he started putting things together far better in the back half of the year. But given how Zykov and Foegele got it together last year, and IMO Necas with a much better shot than Gauthier, I'd say his starting the year in Raleigh is pretty unlikely. He is still big with lots of skill though, so I still have hopes for him. 

6 minutes ago, Canesfanforever said:

If Drury is anything like his dad than the Canes just Stole  the 2nd round in my opinion .  But that remains to be seen ! 

I don't know, man - this is Ted's son, not Chris'.  I admittedly don't remember much about Ted but i don't remember much about him standing out and his NHL career highs were 9 goals and 18 points.  Not much to write home about, i don't think.

9 minutes ago, Canesfanforever said:

If Drury is anything like his dad than the Canes just Stole  the 2nd round in my opinion .  But that remains to be seen ! 

His dad was a journeyman, but his uncle won the Calder Trophy and Stanley Cup. Let's hope he's more like his uncle than his dad.

• Like 1

All the best goalies have been selected .  So  from here on out  it's highly unlikely the canes will be going in that direction . At  best the Canes need to focus on who  is likely to make it to the nhl , not so much on who can be a star or anything . 

Finish Winger  LENNI KILLINEN

FINAL RANK: 36 MIDTERM RANK: 33
POSITION: Right Wing SHOOTS: Left
HEIGHT: 6' 2" WEIGHT: 180
BORN: June 15, 2000    
BORN IN: Espoo, FIN
DRAFTED: 2018: CAR (4th Round / 104th Overall) 
Edited by Canesfanforever

Just now, Canesfanforever said:

Finish Winger  LENNI KILLINEN

Yep, back from commercial break to see who the Hurricanes drafted while we were away.  Of course they still haven't told us about Henman.

Just now, realmdrakkar said:

Yep, back from commercial break to see who the Hurricanes drafted while we were away.  Of course they still haven't told us about Henman.

Unless  Carolina  becomes  a big time Hockey market like Toronto or Montreal  overnight .  Don't expect any attention of respect for the Canes . 

The stream is pretty pointless by now, really... they talked about Tavares over a dozen picks, pretty much oblivious the draft was still going on behind them.

A kid from Raleigh got drafted to Colorado .   Damn shame  we didnt try to pick this kid  

TYLER WEISS
North American Skater - USA U-18, NTDP
FINAL RANK: 90 MIDTERM RANK: 71
POSITION: Left Wing SHOOTS: Left
HEIGHT: 5' 10" WEIGHT: 151
BORN: January 3, 2000    
BORN IN: Raleigh, NC, USA
DRAFTED: 2018: COL (4th Round / 109th Overall)