gocanes0506

2018 NHL Draft

Holy crap!!!!

so do we go the big Russian RW goal scorer

big Center from a hockey family

or

Necas’ wing mate?

Edited by gocanes0506

Like we talk about all the time, taking a certain player could affect many more elements of the team, i.e. move players down into their more natural position. In this case, I wonder if the prospect of getting a great if not generational winger might be enough to attract a player like Tavares? Also, could it be an entree to an exceptional HC if not GM?

I like Tkachuk but not sure at #2. I'm always inclined to think the pick should be considered a way to get a NHL proven player (center) too. A lot options for the committee to consider.

• Like 1

Just now, OBXer said:

I like Tkachuk but not sure at #2. I'm always inclined to think the pick should be considered a way to get a NHL proven player (center) too. A lot options for the committee to consider.

I see what you did there.  ?

• Like 1

I go with the RW because of organizational need.  

If we go get someone like Stone then a Tkachuk might be better.  

this pick also makes Skins much more available.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, remkin said:

I'd go with the Russian or the Czec. I want the elite skill.

It is hard to argue with this. So I won't

Just now, iceman11 said:

This pick is huge.  Need to make sure they make the correct pick.  Can’t miss on this one.

No worries.   We have a committee to figure this one out!

Svechnikov also led all players with a near goal-a-game pace (0.91 G/GP) and in primary points per game (1.45 P1/GP), just a notch above St. Louis Blues’ prospect Jordan Kyrou. In fact, all but eight of his 72 points were primary points.

After watching Ovie score a bazillion goals on the canes it be nice to have a natural sniper in a Canes jersey!

Among Svechnikov’s best assets are his quick trigger shot, whether it comes from the slot or from a tight angle. His shooting percentage was at 22.99 per cent this past season, sixth best among OHL forwards. Svechnikov, of course, led all shooters in the top 10 of shot rates in goals. In addition, he averaged nearly four shots a game this past season, which means he isn’t afraid to shoot. The forward is also able to create chances for other teammates while in the attacking zone, normally from along the half-wall or behind the net, making the right passes to teammates who have better chances to score.

Svechnikov’s size, great hands, and skating ability are also strengths for the 18-year old. He’s able to control the puck fearlessly and isn’t afraid to use his skill to sidestep defencemen.

Edited by rocheccw

In all seriousness this is excellent news and a great break for us. I agree

with the overall notion here that we don’t need to screw this up. This will be exciting!