The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
Lessersolo

Something postive

After watching the last game and thinking of all the dumb things that have happened this season I wanted to take a min and think if there were any good points to look at with hopes for the future.  I guess I would call myself a new fan being as I moved here 2 years ago and never having a team to cheer for, so my disappointment years aren't quite as long as many fans here.  I willingly took on the canes as my team and will still support them no matter how hard it might be some nights.  This of course doesn't mean you can't be mad at times or complain and there have been plenty of times this year to do that.  I just wanted to take a min and list out a few positives before fading away till next season and hoping for a big off season.  so here are my few points or things I can at least look back and smile about with hopes to the future.

-Aho and Turbo these two I feel like are the future and both have played outstanding in my opinion 

-Mcginn, Salvin, Pesce, Staal, and Williams I think are also good and hope they stick around.

-I feel like the new owner will make things better and seems willing to make moves hindsight is 20/20 but see how the off season goes.

-We are safe from relocation for at least 7 years from my understanding with a new owner and that should be more then enough time to turn this into a play off team.

-I get to watch hockey at the pro level so as someone who enjoys watching the game its something I never had the mean to do before.  Since I never lived in a town with a team and feel like that is something that is worth a lot to me.

-The support that went out to the Staals makes me believe that the hockey community by and large is mostly good people and a community that we should be proud of.

-That game vs the Kings was pretty fun so there were some good games this year hoping theirs a few more in the last bit of the season.

-Meet some good people at the games even in tough games that I enjoyed talking to 

With all that said I understand and feel the disappointment with how this season has turned out with everyone else, but I really do feel like there is a bright future.  It is always darkest before the dawn so with that said if anyone wants to post at least a few good things about the season to try and forget about some of the bad games feel free.  So here's to next season and as always Lets Go Canes.

• Like 4

That is a fair and down-to-earth assessment I think many of us can identify with. We certainly have some positives to reflect on. This was suppose to be the year that the pieces of the puzzle would come together and vault is into the playoffs. Many of us fans came into this season with a “playoffs or bust” attitude. It doesn’t look like it’s happening, so this season stings more than any other recent campaign. Us loyal fans are still here and will support the franchise. The slackers and fair weather fans have already come and gone. We’ll still be here. To better and brighter days ahead...??

• Like 1

All good points, Solo. I too am thankful to have NHL hockey near my hometown. There really is a core of good young players here to build on. There’s a few that need to go, and we could use a real leader as captain next year. JWilly or Staal would be my choice. If 27 is back, I hope he is not wearing a letter. And we need to figure out our goaltending. I believe Mongo has won 11 out of 34 starts. The consensus here was he needed to be league average as a starting goalie for the Canes to be in the hunt. Instead, he’s dead last in the league. This may be the biggest challenge facing the new GM. If we roll with Mongo again, it’s a gamble on another whole season. If we buy him out and bring in someone else, we probably have to take another leap of faith like we did with Mongo. Cam did fine as a backup, but when he transitioned to the #1, his results have predictably become erratic. Still, if we solve goaltending and with a couple (few) departures and arrivals, I think we can be right there.