The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
gocanes0506

NCAA Frozen Four

To keep up with our prospects in the NCAA.

David Cotton, BC

9 Gs, 28 As. Played on the top line as LW.  No NCAA tourney games for BC.  BC played 3 Hockey east tourney games and lost in OT to BU, Cotton registered 1 primary assist.

Matt Filipe, Northeastern

5 Gs, 8 As. No points in the only game for Northeastern that was a loss to Michigan

Luke Stevens, Yale

6 Gs, 5 As. No games for Yale in the NCAA tourney

Luke Martin, Michigan

1 G, 7 As a +17.  1 Assist in the win over Northeastern. No points in the game against BU but a +2.  They play ND in the NCAA semifinal game.

Jack LaFontaine, Michigan

3.51 GAA, .889 SV %.  Has not played in the post season for Michigan

Max Zimmer, Wisconsin

3 Gs, 4 As.  No games in the NCAA tourney for Wisconsin.  

Thanks gocanes. Great stuff. The prospects are pretty much all out of sight to Cane's fans, but for some reason college players seem even more so.

I still have hopes for David Cotton, and he came on at the end of the year. Matt Filipe got some love from a scouting report before Northeastern, but not much since. Northeastern won the Beanpot and had a pretty good year.

I watched a little of the Michigan/Boston U game, but forgot that Luke Martin was ours. I was looking for Jack Lafontaine, but Lavigne was in net. It appears that Lavigne, also a sophomore has a lock on #1. Goalies are well known to develop late, but wouldn't it be nice to see one of them standing out. So far not Lafontaine.

No idea on Martin. He plays every game for a very good team and the plus/minus is good, hasn't put up a lot of points even for a D man. He was a second rounder, so expectations fairly high.

I would guess that Martin and Cotton are two that have a good chance to get a contract.  I dont know that any others have shown much worth of contract.  Maybe a Schlikey type AHL/ECHL contract for one year to see how their game transfers but, their numbers werent Schlikey's numbers.  I doubt it though since the Checkers should be stacked again this year with new additions to replace the promoted.