The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
OBXer

Off-Season 2018

1 hour ago, OBXer said:

Dundon meets the media today. Peters doesn't.

Is it being streamed? Do we know the time?

24 minutes ago, remkin said:

Is it being streamed? Do we know the time?

I haven't seen anything yet about a stream

Looks like it will be live streamed

Not in love with his Free Agents opinion, just because you're a free agent doesn't mean you're not a good player.

Edited by legend-1

9 minutes ago, legend-1 said:

Not in love with his Free Agents opinion, just because you're a free agent doesn't mean you're not a good player.

Fancy way to saying:  "I do not want to spend money."

It's always like watching a production you'd think a college kid would be making for his portfolio when it comes to CanesVision. The static is through the roof loud and Dundon is either speaking like a mouse or his mic is off.

Anyone else get the impression that even though TD kept saying that everyone will be evaluated to see if they get to stay or would be better off with a change of scenery, that that will not include Peters?

5 minutes ago, legend-1 said:

It's always like watching a production you'd think a college kid would be making for his portfolio when it comes to CanesVision. The static is through the roof loud and Dundon is either speaking like a mouse or his mic is off.

Indeed. Increasing the competency of the video crew (i.e., not using interns and part-timers) would go a long way in solidifying and building the fan base. Nobody should cover a sports teams more completely or more objectively than the team itself.

Waddell officially interim GM  :facepalm2:

I hate to lose :applause:

Changes on the way :thumbsup2:

Coaches and Players, you aren't good enough :threaten:

The off-season  should be interesting :popcorn:

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Whaler1 said:

Anyone else get the impression that even though TD kept saying that everyone will be evaluated to see if they get to stay or would be better off with a change of scenery, that that will not include Peters?

I think he made his commitment to Peters clear enough prior to this event. It's down to whether Peters wants to stay, per his contract, IMO. I have felt since his comment on Day One that Peters "is doing everything right" that their management theories align. When all is said and done, the only thing this team has lacked over the past ten years is a front office willing to spend money for top talent. Even Kirk Muller was able to get more out of this team - albeit for only a few months - than the front office had put into it. So has every other coach, including Peters. That simple fact is like a flashing neon sign with a yuuuuuge arrow next to the word "PROBLEM," pointing to the offices at PNC.

And we seem finally to have an owner who is committed to solving it.

Edited by top-shelf-1
omitted word

6 minutes ago, Whaler1 said:

I didn't. I got the impression Aho is the only untouchable and that Peters would probable be back. But I think there is something going on behind the scene with TD and BP. If whatever that is can be worked out I will guess Peters stays.

It's pretty clear to me who is actually running things, and it ain't Don Waddell. Please remove the hat next time, Mr. Dundon--or is it Darth Vader? It'd be nice to look you in the vision orbs. 

• Like 1

I think TD knows you have to spend money to make money and in that regard will pony up this off season for one - three UFAs. Whether they sign here who knows. There was no reason for TD to hold his cards facing toward the press and say what exactly is going on within 48 hours of season ending. Beyond the micro analysis that will be here all summer everyone will have to wait until early Oct to see what the quality of product is that he ices. I’m not in a position to see the video but it had to be refreshing to not listen to Ronnie’s blather and stone face. If he has any self respect he’ll leave the team in June or July and go back to Toronto where people will still buy him beers.