The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
OBXer

Off-Season 2018

This is  a pricey  question and im not really sure where this topic  should go so im leaving it here . it could be it's own topic but what ever , 

This is in regards to Svechnikov  and UFA /RFA's  .  So here  goes  with the  statement  / question .

After tonight  this is going to Andrei Svechnikov's team ,  it will no longer be Aho's team alone .  so here is the question. 

Who could the canes get to center around Svechnikov  and going forward ? Obviously  you want guys  that gives him the best chance to work with chemistry wise  .    He  is considered as  a Power Forward now   but  he shows that he can play a sniper style of hockey or a playmaker style of hockey .  Do we  build around Svechnikov  now or do the canes need to wait and see how he pans out for the canes in what suited role he will eventually land on  the canes  roster ?  If  you look at other teams they have 1  guy they build the team around for the best success .   And the bigger question , Do the Canes right now as i speak have the right guys to center around him already , or is there a need for other pieces ?

But if not, Necas could become that guy. Or possibly Aho. Or someone we trade for. It is so nearly impossible to just pick up a 1C from UFA or another team, I am thinking Necas might be the long term answer.

14 minutes ago, Canesfanforever said:

This is  a pricey  question and im not really sure where this topic  should go so im leaving it here . it could be it's own topic but what ever , 

This is in regards to Svechnikov  and UFA /RFA's  .  So here  goes  with the  statement  / question .

After tonight  this is going to Andrei Svechnikov's team ,  it will no longer be Aho's team alone .  so here is the question. 

Who could the canes get to center around Svechnikov  and going forward ? Obviously  you want guys  that gives him the best chance to work with chemistry wise  .    He  is considered as  a Power Forward now   but  he shows that he can play a sniper style of hockey or a playmaker style of hockey .  Do we  build around Svechnikov  now or do the canes need to wait and see how he pans out for the canes in what suited role he will eventually land on  the canes  roster ?  If  you look at other teams they have 1  guy they build the team around for the best success .   And the bigger question , Do the Canes right now as i speak have the right guys to center around him already , or is there a need for other pieces ?

Aho

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Canesfanforever said:

. . .

After tonight  this is going to Andrei Svechnikov's team ,  it will no longer be Aho's team alone .  so here is the question . . .

For the record, I'm not buying that it will be Svech's team right away.  Maybe down the line, but definitely not right away. I'm betting that Williams, Staal, Aho, Slavin, and Skinner (if he's here) will be doing the leading, regardless of letters.

Edited by LakeLivin
  • Like 3

19 minutes ago, cclifford10 said:

Aho

Do you really see Aho being that guy who can work with Svechnikov ?  Finish players have a tendency of  not sharing the puck historically with Russians .  But there is always a chance for a first time , who knows .  

1 minute ago, LakeLivin said:

For the record, I'm not buying that it will be Svech's team right away.  Maybe down the line, but definitely not right away. I'm betting that Williams, Staal, Aho, Slavin, and Skinner (if he's here) will be doing the leading, regardless of letters.

Im not saying Svechnikov is going to be given the Assistant Captain let alone Captain position   right away lol we are not Edmonton lol .   But Skill wise Svechnikov is going to be the Canes Best player after tonight .    

6 minutes ago, Canesfanforever said:

Im not saying Svechnikov is going to be given the Assistant Captain let alone Captain position   right away lol we are not Edmonton lol .   But Skill wise Svechnikov is going to be the Canes Best player after tonight .    

Sorry, don't necessarily agree with that, either.  I mean, it would be great if that was the case right away, and again, somewhere down the line (hopefully).  But Svech is 18yo and has been playing with juniors, not NHL players.  Let's give the kid a chance without putting the pressure of unrealistic expectations on him.

Edited by LakeLivin
  • Like 2

48 minutes ago, Canesfanforever said:

After tonight  this is going to Andrei Svechnikov's team

Sometimes Y'all say the funniest darn things.image.png.3a5cf8b431fd83c9e63a290f56e83276.png

• Like 1

5 hours ago, top-shelf-1 said:

The list of who doesn't would be much more succinct.

Speaking of which, how about a draft day that doesn't suc?

As for the Whataburgers, Canes, and In & Out Burgers of the world, all must bow to FIVE GUYS. And if you haven't tried a Bacon King yet... oh my god.

Local fav Char-grill rocks!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Canesfanforever said:

Do you really see Aho being that guy who can work with Svechnikov ?  Finish players have a tendency of  not sharing the puck historically with Russians .  But there is always a chance for a first time , who knows .  

He sure shared it well with Zykov. (And that doesn't even begin to address the ethnic stereotyping in this post... says the guy who says you can't trust Russians not to bolt back to the Motherland unannounced. I guess all these teams courting washed up old man er, Kovi, have already forgotten that. Not me. Nor [here's your annual reminder, peeps] Anton "Bartleby" Babchuk. [i.e., he preferred not to.])

43 minutes ago, bluedevil58 said:

I am less skeptical of Svech due to already playing in North America.

He has been playing the North American Style of hockey for 2 and a half years now .   He is not " already playing "  like you said .  Svechnikov knows what to expect and is better prepared than Necas who the canes drafted last year .  

Edited by Canesfanforever

Am I the only one that questioned what he just countered with?  I thought my opinion was pretty straight forward.  Svech no play in KHL or mother Russia right now.  Svech play in North America.  Me think Svech Less of a risk to run to KHL.  Maybe I should just drop punctuation, spacing, and proper grammar and see where that gets me while flooding the forum with new posts.

Edited by bluedevil58
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, Canes06cup17 said:

Love 5 guys and put fresh jalapeños on my burger. Also love vinegar on my fries. Makes em healthy. ??

Look dude, we're busy here insulting people, and you need to stay on that topic

• Like 4