The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
OBXer

Off-Season 2018

On 6/21/2018 at 6:41 PM, coastal_caniac said:

A state fair game.  Uh, don't think so.  Been there done that.

Brought my father into town years ago for a game against Toronto. Either fair or football, might have been both. Took so long to get into game the third star was being announced.

I know we have a microscopic chance at him, but if Tavares came here the team would be mostly complete to dominate for years upon getting a decent goalie. 

At this point all we lack projecting forward is a goalie and a dominant 1C. 

Of course a lot of other teams are thinking that too, and freaking NYI have upgraded at GM, and coach and had a really good draft so far, so he probably stays put, but what a nice dream...

Guys, Tavares is staying put, read it and weep. What with Trotz coming in, their 2 1st round picks, and his allegiance to that team, I think he will be reinvigorated and resign. I've given up on that dream?

• Like 1

Now we all know what Svechnikov was doing here in Raleigh  . He was getting his picture taken  wearing the new Canes 3rd Jersey .  I find it funny when people who interviewed Andrei  if he was nervous  about the draft and he said not really .  He Knew that he was coming to Carolina  for a long time   just like Dahlin knew he was going to be a Buffalo Sabre  .  Did any of you watch the videos the Canes put up with Svechnikov   ?   Brind'Amour was telling Andrei about the  area and how   " Great " Raleigh was a place to live in .  Rod asked Andrei  if he had any plans to live with anybody here and Andrei said that he would want to live alone .  I can understand that but I wonder how often  do rookies actually do that ?  I'm thinking mama bear is going to live with her son here . Instead of living with another player like so many Canes  in the past have done .   Interesting Stuff !

14 hours ago, slapshot02 said:

For the record I've never been in Russia, don't know any Russians and don't have any current dealings with Russians.

Well I've got a dossier that says different. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, cclifford10 said:

Suddenly the left side of the D is not very deep....I wonder if we are thinking Bean might be ready?

I think we can sign a veteran shut down LHD easier than a RHD.

1 hour ago, cclifford10 said:

Suddenly the left side of the D is not very deep....I wonder if we are thinking Bean might be ready?

I want to see him in camp again, but based on last year in camp, he'd be better off to get some time in Charlotte. It is interesting though, because I was penciling McKeown in for Faulk and keeping Hanifin in my mind, so now we'd have to bump Fleury to second pair, but if no further moves are made, maybe Carrick comes up? Someone could play their off side. If I'm McKeown I just let out a big sigh though.

BP said the only reason Bean didn't make the roster was a numbers game between Slavin/Hanifin/Fleury.  Slavin/Pesce is already a solid d pairing, Fleury/Hamilton could be a rough and tough pairing as well.  I see our blueline as a huge plus now going up against our division.

7 minutes ago, PenaltyKiller17 said:

BP said the only reason Bean didn't make the roster was a numbers game between Slavin/Hanifin/Fleury.  Slavin/Pesce is already a solid d pairing, Fleury/Hamilton could be a rough and tough pairing as well.  I see our blueline as a huge plus now going up against our division.

It would be nice if Bean shows up and looks ready. I don't doubt he has the skills, but I thought he was sent back relatively early last year, but I know he looked badly out of place often when it came to the main camp and pre season. That said, he looked like one of the men among boys in the prospect camp. So maybe. If I had to bet $10 though I'd bet on Charlotte at least at this point. But 1. I am open to being surprised and 2. My opinion doesn't matter since Waddell took my dang job.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, remkin said:

It would be nice if Bean shows up and looks ready. I don't doubt he has the skills, but I thought he was sent back relatively early last year, but I know he looked badly out of place often when it came to the main camp and pre season. That said, he looked like one of the men among boys in the prospect camp. So maybe. If I had to bet $10 though I'd bet on Charlotte at least at this point. But 1. I am open to being surprised and 2. My opinion doesn't matter since Waddell took my dang job.

Were we watching the same preseason?  BP kept Bean with the team all the way until the start of the regular season.  He said he was very impressed with Bean.  I'm not counting him out.

If I was to guess

Ferland-Aho-Turbo

Foegele-Staal-Necas

Zykov-Rask-Svech

McGinn-Wallmark-Williams

Slavin-Pesce

???-Hamilton 

Fleury-McKeown

???

Darling

just a guess.  Need a top 4 LHD and a top goalie.

edit: it’s going to be an expensive goalie and LHD or we’ll have to keep money elsewhere 

Edited by gocanes0506

3 minutes ago, gocanes0506 said:

If I was to guess

Ferland-Aho-Turbo

Foegele-Staal-Necas

Zykov-Rask-Svech

McGinn-Wallmark-Williams

Slavin-Pesce

???-Hamilton 

Fleury-McKeown

???

Darling

just a guess.  Need a top 4 LHD and a top goalie.

Guessing this assumes Skinner is gone? Either way, not sure I'm ready to just throw Foegele up there on the second line yet.

Just now, gocanes0506 said:

Going to cost 6.5 per for 6 years.  Its okay for years 1 & 2, not worth it after.

Okay, but could he pair with Hamilton? That would be an unbelievable top 4?

11 minutes ago, KJUNKANE said:

Okay, but could he pair with Hamilton? That would be an unbelievable top 4?

Dang I read that as JVR not TVR sorry.

TVR is great.  If I was a betting man, we wouldn’t be able to entice Fox to come with 3 deep RHDs signed long term.

Turbo / Aho / Svechnikov

Ferland , Staal , Skinner

Zykov / Rask / Necas 

Williams / Martinook / Mcginn 

Hamilton / ??? or Faulk

Slavin / Pesce 

Tvr / Fleury 

Edited by Canesfanforever