The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
OBXer

Off-Season 2018

My Dream team going forward for the canes would be ..

JVR / Tavares  / Svechnikov

Turbo / Aho / Ferland 

Zykov / Necas / Staal 

Williams  /Martinook / Mcginn 

Bean / Hamilton

Slavin / Pesce 

Fleury / Fox 

Hutton 

Ward 

12 minutes ago, Canesfanforever said:

Turbo / Aho / Svechnikov

Ferland , Staal , Skinner

Zykov / Rask / Necas 

Williams / Martinook / Mcginn 

Hamilton / ??? or Faulk

Slavin / Pesce 

Tvr / Fleury 

No chance this line up happens. Too many wingers playing on their off side.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Canesfanforever said:

Turbo / Aho / Ferland 

Zykov / Necas / Staal 

Bean / Hamilton

Slavin / Pesce 

Fleury / Fox 

Hutton 

Ward 

Same goes for this one. 

Edited by slapshot02

9 minutes ago, slapshot02 said:

Same goes for this one. 

Come up with a better line  then .  And make sure you have all your friends to like your post so it will  make you feel like you accomplished something lol

2 minutes ago, Canesfanforever said:

Come up with a better line  then .  And make sure you have all your friends to like your post so it will  make you feel like you accomplished something lol

No need to entertain you. You should at least know who plays center or right or left wing.

1 hour ago, Canesfanforever said:

Turbo / Aho / Ferland 

Zykov / Necas / Staal 

Bean / Hamilton

Slavin / Pesce 

Fleury / Fox 

Hutton 

Ward 

Well, keep dreaming, it will never happen

4 hours ago, PenaltyKiller17 said:

Were we watching the same preseason?  BP kept Bean with the team all the way until the start of the regular season.  He said he was very impressed with Bean.  I'm not counting him out.

I could be wrong about how long till they cut him, and I'm sure BP said nice things about him, and he has serious pedigree, but I'm just talking about my eyeballs and a few other commenters at the time. To my memory he looked super slick and high skill in prospect camp, but often standing around and out of place occasionally like a deer in headlights in training camp. 

BP said a lot of nice things about McKeown two years ago, NHL ready, basically, and yet he sits in Charlotte. 

I'm just giving my opinion about my recollection of him last year. But he's had a full year since then, and this is a guy who has been highly regarded at times in his development, so he could come in a blow the doors off and get that last spot. It does look at the moment like there is one there for the taking. He is going to have to look solid though, or I would guess we go with Carrick or other. In the big picture, unless he looks rock solid, I think that AHL year does D men good. 

Various roles in hockey can be played in different positions  . You can play a winger at center , or you can player a center at winger .  The only position where you would not want to do that with a player that plays forward is having them play defense or goalie ,  and for a goalie or defenseman   you should not have them play forward .     Talent wise speaking  every single player  that I listed  can play either position for their line up . Aho  started out as a winger for the canes and was placed at center .  Staal  can play the wing because he has done so in the past  .   If you all were to do a little research about this  then you would know it is a  non issue that people are making it  into an issue  !  

39 minutes ago, Canesfanforever said:

Various roles in hockey can be played in different positions  . You can play a winger at center , or you can player a center at winger .  The only position where you would not want to do that with a player that plays forward is having them play defense or goalie ,  and for a goalie or defenseman   you should not have them play forward .     Talent wise speaking  every single player  that I listed  can play either position for their line up . Aho  started out as a winger for the canes and was placed at center .  Staal  can play the wing because he has done so in the past  .   If you all were to do a little research about this  then you would know it is a  non issue that people are making it  into an issue  !  

I went to a HurricanesU event with on ice drills.  I scored top shelf on a fat kid. That doesn't make me a left winger

30 minutes ago, super_dave_1 said:

I went to a HurricanesU event with on ice drills.  I scored top shelf on a fat kid. That doesn't make me a left winger

Your statement to me right now has me like this 

18 minutes ago, realmdrakkar said:

Can we please get back to talking about burgers or something?

Only if we can call a burger a hot dog because they share the same grill B)

• Like 3

So far a much better off season than years past... A great pick, very good hockey trade and JUST maybe a move or two left and we are far removed from the days of what IF's....

8 hours ago, super_dave_1 said:

Your education speaks volumes.  Was wondering what was behind your posts ;)

Fat kid?  I had to beat Stormy.

Michael Smith tweeted: Waddell stated Fox will be at development camp this upcoming week.  That makes the trade better for us.

The camp is going to be full of talent.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, gocanes0506 said:

Michael Smith tweeted: Waddell stated Fox will be at development camp this upcoming week.  That makes the trade better for us.

The camp is going to be full of talent.

Glad to hear it, hopefully we both make an impression on each other. Thanks for the info/update, forgot all about development camp.