The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
OBXer

Off-Season 2018

Karlsson would need to sign an extension with the Canes before they should trade for him.  Or else they would to need to trade him by the trade deadline.

i don’t think he would sign longtime with the canes though. 

Out of the prospects  that I saw  at this years development camp .   I can easily see Svechnikov  being on the team and Necas  but one guy   im kinda surprised the Canes  are not  thinking about letting join the team  is  Jake Bean play  some time with the Canes  this season  .  I know you dont want to let a young defense men   play so early  in the NHL  because it could ruin their Development  but we already have Fluery playing with us  and he is not much older than Bean .  It fills our LHD  needs perfectly and  when I saw him he was Zipping around like he already belonged  on the club .  What do you guys think ?

1 hour ago, spyglass88 said:

Here's what Maniscalco tweeted later:

Screen Shot 2018-07-02 at 11.03.09 PM.png

Thanks for setting me straight. I am back to predicting fat Kessel to San Jose, Skinner to Pit for Matta, Faulk for Saad.

I've never been right before, but maybe once...

• Like 1

I know this is a backtrack of sorts, but it is about JR....

Folks, I'm still laughing over the Torts comments about JR and JJ.  Last night, Mrs. Wxray was preparing dinner, and I told her about the article.  Since she had her hands full, I told her I'd read it out loud.  So I put on my best Torts angry voice, added a sarcastic look on my face and said it out loud.

By the time I was done saying it, we were both doubled over in laughter.  Just how many times have we wanted to say shut the edit up to JR?  Now with the Skinner NTC, it is coming back with a vengeance.  Reading something like that out loud was an out of body experience.  I was ready to jump on a bench and start banging some glass and throwing a clipboard or something.  Just awesome!

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, wxray1 said:

I know this is a backtrack of sorts, but it is about JR....

Folks, I'm still laughing over the Torts comments about JR and JJ.  Last night, Mrs. Wxray was preparing dinner, and I told her about the article.  Since she had her hands full, I told her I'd read it out loud.  So I put on my best Torts angry voice, added a sarcastic look on my face and said it out loud.

By the time I was done saying it, we were both doubled over in laughter.  Just how many times have we wanted to say shut the edit up to JR?  Now with the Skinner NTC, it is coming back with a vengeance.  Reading something like that out loud was an out of body experience.  I was ready to jump on a bench and start banging some glass and throwing a clipboard or something.  Just awesome!

Should of video taped it.?

Well, given the state he left the organization in and some of the unkind digs he took at us after he left, I am thrilled that he got called out for being the classless dolt he is!

The funniest part was how JJ tried to backtrack...

• Like 1

So this may be beating a dead horse .. I just read where the Flames Gm said he had his eye on Derek Ryan for well over a year.. ok so should we be angry that Francis did nothing at the trade deadline when he could have at least shipped Ryan off for some draft picks or prospects or something.. by the time the draft rolled around everyone knew ryan was gonna go into free agency so Waddell couldnt trade him with  him being a pending free agent no team in their right mind would risk something.. and if this is an old topic i apologize..

13 minutes ago, skiznot said:

So this may be beating a dead horse .. I just read where the Flames Gm said he had his eye on Derek Ryan for well over a year.. ok so should we be angry that Francis did nothing at the trade deadline when he could have at least shipped Ryan off for some draft picks or prospects or something.. by the time the draft rolled around everyone knew ryan was gonna go into free agency so Waddell couldnt trade him with  him being a pending free agent no team in their right mind would risk something.. and if this is an old topic i apologize..

It's just  one of those  things that happens  when a player is a bottom 6  player and they are not so much  a player that teams  are going to make a call for  knowing that the player will   be up for grabs for free  anyways .   In this case it was Ryan .   Im not upset about it .  Sure would of been nice to get a 5th  or 6th round pick for  him but what are we going to do ?  Nearly every team  loses players . 

Edited by Canesfanforever

15 minutes ago, skiznot said:

skiznot, welcome if no one has extended that thought. You're absolutely correct to wonder this, but hard to judge if this is fact or just a nebulous idea, or bringing BP aboard helped to crystallize it? Had RF explored it, I'd say we'd have gotten more than a 5th or 6th for him though?

Wonder if anyone has thought about this? We sure are going to have a bunch of new #s to memorize this off season, and I guess Dougie and Svech will have to draw straws on which one gets #37? Oh well, better this problem than "same old, same old", right?

3 minutes ago, cclifford10 said:

Svech is listed as 37 on the roster...

Seeing that, but that assignment proceeded getting Hamilton, did it not? Nevertheless, I'm sure it will be adjudicated and be a non-issue?

In other news, per TSN, our asst GM is bolting for the Leafs.

Another Franchise holdover out the door...

9 minutes ago, AWACSooner said:

In other news, per TSN, our asst GM is bolting for the Leafs.

Another Franchise holdover out the door...

Maybe we can include him in a Nylander trade? ;)

7 hours ago, KJUNKANE said:

Wonder if anyone has thought about this? We sure are going to have a bunch of new #s to memorize this off season, and I guess Dougie and Svech will have to draw straws on which one gets #37? Oh well, better this problem than "same old, same old", right?

Hamilton wore #27 in Calgary and in Boston. I’m sure he is just waiting for it to become available. ?

17 minutes ago, Kyrule said:

Hamilton wore #27 in Calgary and in Boston. I’m sure he is just waiting for it to become available. ?

The talking heads on the NHL channel on XM said they're expecting either/or to be traded by the end of this weekend...

13 minutes ago, Kyrule said:

:letssee:        :P

Guess we'll be hearing about TvR's status by 5pm today as that's the deadline for filing for arbitration, is it not? I hope all goes well as I liked his play last year.

6 hours ago, KJUNKANE said:

Guess we'll be hearing about TvR's status by 5pm today as that's the deadline for filing for arbitration, is it not? I hope all goes well as I liked his play last year.

That's today, cool.  Folks were throwing out some surprising numbers (to me) for AAV.  I hope he gets a fair deal and this avoids arbitration.  He's a good reliable d-man.

On prohockeyrumors.com they have an “arbitration tracker” that lists every team and the players that are eligible to file. They keep updating it as they learn who filed.

According to them TVR and Lindholm have filed for an arbitration hearing.

Both were “player elected.”

Remember that an agreement can be reached at any time and arbitration can be avoided.

Sorry I don’t know how to post links from my phone. 

Just search prohockeyrumors and go the website, it should be obvious from there as it is the third item down (currently).

Also, the deadline for team elected filings is tomorrow (not that it pertains to us).

Edited by Kyrule