The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
OBXer

Off-Season 2018

8 minutes ago, coastal_caniac said:

Yes, I have in the past.  Not sure about the current policy.  Maybe someone else can offer something?

Well, if I had read the article on Justin Williams, I would have seen they are back and JWilly is part of it.  I have to believe he is part of leading this.  

Hopefully someone knows RCI's admission policy.  I haven't had time to play hooky for 10 years.  Last time I went there was 10 years ago.

Every time I’ve flown into Raleigh for the games, and there’s a RCI practice scheduled, they’ve always canx’d it in me ?

9 hours ago, AWACSooner said:

Every time I’ve flown into Raleigh for the games, and there’s a RCI practice scheduled, they’ve always canx’d it in me ?

Why am I not surprised?  Starts with J, ends in X.

• Like 4

17 hours ago, super_dave_1 said:

One way to not be disappointed is to expect the worst.  Stay miserable, my friend

Sold my 26 year old company with a 2 year Consult back contract last Fall. I live in Europe now.  Seeing the Canes from afar has zero emotional quality than did living 20 minutes from the rink in Raleigh. Definitely not miserable with the new lifestyle, my friend.  Bless your heart for inquiring however. 

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, raleighcaniac said:

Sold my 26 year old company with a 2 year Consult back contract last Fall. I live in Europe now.  Seeing the Canes from afar has zero emotional quality than did living 20 minutes from the rink in Raleigh. Definitely not miserable with the new lifestyle, my friend.  Bless your heart for inquiring however. 

I KNEW you were Fat Stacks.

17 hours ago, coastal_caniac said:

You mean like proclaiming we have the worst top-6 in the league just hours ago?  I don't feel like it but it's pretty easy to find.

Way to be fair and hold reservations.  Just like last season.

Credibility goes a long way in discussions, or moving past having one with you.

I'll pass.

I absolutely do think this team will be a bottom dweller this season.  But once the season begins, I will give it 20 games before I pass judgement aside from my prediction.  My expectation is a bottom dweller so with that expectation I do not think I can be disappointed.

15 minutes ago, Goalieman_nc said:

So, if Faulk stays around, who will wear 27, Faulk or Hamilton? And what number will the other wear?

Just curious on thoughts!

Hamilton slated to wear #19 I believe? His number for Calgary was #37, which is slated to be Svechnikov's.

35 minutes ago, KJUNKANE said:

Hamilton slated to wear #19 I believe? His number for Calgary was #37, which is slated to be Svechnikov's.

AH! I watched some video of DH in Calagary and he was wearing 27. But thanks for the info.

22 hours ago, hag65 said:

Why am I not surprised?  Starts with J, ends in X.

I was sitting undefeated in Raleigh until my last two games...and I blame y'all ;)

17 hours ago, Goalieman_nc said:

AH! I watched some video of DH in Calagary and he was wearing 27. But thanks for the info.

Methinks that number will be available as soon as Karlsson is shipped outta Ottawa

• Like 1

23 hours ago, raleighcaniac said:

Although I envy you raleighcaniac, I'm afraid "retirement" is not a word in my dictionary. My wife just said "so there is life after hockey". Can't see the either, but you stay safe my friend.

Has anyone seen anything concerning the Fox kid we picked up in the Calgary trade. I'd like to keep tabs on that.Did I see that he was going to play in Traverse City tournament, or can he without a contract?

Edited by KJUNKANE

36 minutes ago, KJUNKANE said:

Has anyone seen anything concerning the Fox kid we picked up in the Calgary trade. I'd like to keep tabs on that.Did I see that he was going to play in Traverse City tournament, or can he without a contract?

Fox is not on the Traverse City Roster, but college players don't play in it anyways, so that's not an issue. Here's the roster for Traverse City and it's loaded up front: http://nhl.bamcontent.com/images/assets/binary/299709896/binary-file/file.pdf.  Signing Fox is an issue, and I'm not sure where we stand on that, but this is what Waddell said in a N/O story about the time of the trade:

Canes general manager Don Waddell said Thursday he's confident Fox will sign an entry-level contract with Carolina next year, saying discussions have been held with Fox and his adviser.

"I'd say it's 99.9 percent we will get him signed," Waddell said. "I don't see it being as issue at all."

I seems to me that this is yet another reason for the Canes to trade Faulk. Fox is a RHD. Currently we are plum full of them. If I'm Fox I want a chance to play, and lots of teams need RHD. I look at the Cane's roster with Faulk, Hamilton, Pesce and TVR and I'm at best 4th in line for 3 spots, at worst 5th (sixth if you count McKeown).  It is even more reason we can afford to trade Faulk now. 

If we sign Fox, and trade Faulk, we'll still go: Hamilton, Pesce, TVR, Fox, McKeown. 5 NHL D men on the right side, after Faulk is gone. I am sure that the Canes just have not liked the return offered on Faulk so far, but at some point this trade just seems so necessary it hurts.

rem, although it's true, and thanks on Fox, however IF he'd signed a contract, than he wouldn't be in college, no? But I was just curious on his whereabouts. 

3 minutes ago, KJUNKANE said:

rem, although it's true, and thanks on Fox, however IF he'd signed a contract, than he wouldn't be in college, no? But I was just curious on his whereabouts. 

exactly.  His plan was to finish his junior year at Harvard and graduate.  I believe we wont see him until next season, if he signs.  That way he has maximum time to finish his studies through the summer.

On 8/23/2018 at 3:44 PM, Goalieman_nc said:

My bad Goalieman. I would have sworn that I'd seen a 37 on him, and thus thought there might be some discussion when Svechnikov came on board. Just now when I clicked on Hamilton, I see several pictures of him in #27? Now, I'm curious if Faulk is traded like many of us expect, does Dougie then claim that number.

3 hours ago, KJUNKANE said:

True. If he had signed he wouldn't be eligible for college hockey and could play at Traverse City.