The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
OBXer

Off-Season 2018

19 hours ago, coastal_caniac said:

Looking more like "Take Warning" is going to be the thing to start training camp.  Mrs. Coastal and I have just about everything done, with just a little boat work left to go.  Go away Florence.

be safe!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, wxray1 said:

They can.  PNC is in a good spot in general.  Power may still go and PNC may not be high on the list of priorities.  Hospitals, first responder stations, extended care facilities are first.  It may not be comfortable.

Then you have worries about the family and property.  Hopefully, nobody lives in or near a flood zone. 

We'll see.  I'm not sure how they'll handle this.

Flo reminds me to much of Fran when Raleigh was in the direct path of Fran. Not Fun. Many people came from the coast thinking it was safe in Raleigh. Not so much  https://www.google.com/search?q=hurricane+fran+pictures+raleigh+nc&rlz=1C1CHWA_enUS632US632&tbm=isch&source=iu&ictx=1&fir=tjRJf3CPYiDs5M%3A%2Cv0_kX2vwuSOIwM%2C_&usg=AFrqEzeZzPhNY3cHuralZjqofUGlkdk0CA&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjR5ZC2mrHdAhULzlMKHQM2C10Q9QEwAHoECAMQBA#imgrc=tjRJf3CPYiDs5M:

Edited by slapshot02

30 minutes ago, slapshot02 said:

We've got reservations in Hickory and I'm not sure it'll be safe there, either. This one looks bad.

26 minutes ago, top-shelf-1 said:

We've got reservations in Hickory and I'm not sure it'll be safe there, either. This one looks bad.

Should be OK there although winds predicted to be felt as far west as Tenn. Heading to Emerald Isle tomorrow to secure the beach house. 

3 hours ago, slapshot02 said:

Should be OK there although winds predicted to be felt as far west as Tenn. Heading to Emerald Isle tomorrow to secure the beach house. 

Good luck. I'm hoping we have a house to come back to. We're two blocks from the Neuse in Oriental with big trees nearby.

Hope all Caniacs get out of this relatively unscathed, especially those near the coast. Well of course even non-Caniacs, but they aren't likely to be reading this...

13 hours ago, top-shelf-1 said:

Good luck. I'm hoping we have a house to come back to. We're two blocks from the Neuse in Oriental with big trees nearby.

Will pray for you top, and all those on here as well as those in the path of this monster. It reminds me of a storm we caught along the Gulf Coast, Camille, right before my sophomore year in med school in New Orleans. Category 5 storm with sustained winds of 175mph. Landfall in Waveland, MS if I'm correct? Huge ships and boats driven up inland 1/4 mile or more.

Edited by KJUNKANE
  • Like 1

Just now, KJUNKANE said:

Will pray for you top, and all those on here as well as those in the path of this monster. It reminds me of a storm we caught along the Gulf Coast, Camille, right before my sophomore year in med school in New Orleans. Category 5 storm with sustained winds of 175mph. Landfall in Waveland, MS if I'm correct? Huge ships and boats driven up inland 1/4 mile or more. The year was 1969, in August

15 hours ago, top-shelf-1 said:

Yikes, good luck. Go West young man.

• Like 1

On 9/10/2018 at 9:47 AM, OBXer said:

Ain't that the truth. Here on the OBX we are in the French Toast phase of the hurricane watch. Stocking up on milk, bread and eggs. Tomorrow is the Indy 500 phase with an oil, change, tire rotation and fuel up the old car. All of this is in preparation for the run Forest run phase if needed.

If only their was a hockey game in Raleigh it would make for an enjoyable diversion on my trip west, if indeed a trip west is called for.

Run Forest Run. Be safe. 

• Like 1

To make today weirder, Yzerman is stepping down as TB's GM.  He has been the best GM over the last few years and got Stamkos to sign a 8 mil a year deal with plenty of co-stars.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gocanes0506 said:

To make today weirder, Yzerman is stepping down as TB's GM.  He has been the best GM over the last few years and got Stamkos to sign a 8 mil a year deal with plenty of co-stars.  

There has to be a back story.  Just my conspiracy radar coming on.

5 hours ago, KJUNKANE said:

Will pray for you top, and all those on here as well as those in the path of this monster. It reminds me of a storm we caught along the Gulf Coast, Camille, right before my sophomore year in med school in New Orleans. Category 5 storm with sustained winds of 175mph. Landfall in Waveland, MS if I'm correct? Huge ships and boats driven up inland 1/4 mile or more.

Thanks Kjun. Camille was one for the ages, without question. If things look like they'll get too bad in Hickory we'll continue to Knox. 

48 minutes ago, top-shelf-1 said:

Thanks Kjun. Camille was one for the ages, without question. If things look like they'll get too bad in Hickory we'll continue to Knox. 

I live in Winston-Salem, so I sure hope it's not bad in Hickory!

4 hours ago, caniac6 said:

I live in Winston-Salem, so I sure hope it's not bad in Hickory!

The rain projection keeps shifting south and west after landfall. It'll be interesting to see if the new inland track holds. Regardless, stay safe, caniac6.

• Like 1

On ‎9‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 4:19 PM, top-shelf-1 said:

There is a restaurant in the old train station in downtown Hickory that is pretty good.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, gocanes0506 said:

Columbus signed Torts to a 2 year extension.  I consider that a plus for us based on the under performances of his teams and comedic value!

You might want to check the performance of his teams.  

7 hours ago, gocanes0506 said:

Columbus signed Torts to a 2 year extension.  I consider that a plus for us based on the under performances of his teams and comedic value!

Before Columbus, he imploded by year 3 everywhere he went. He’s not had playoff success in Columbus, but at least he has gotten them there. Having Bobrovsky doesn’t hurt, but I’m pretty sure fans in Columbus are happy to see him extended for now.

Rest/Fatigue for Hurricanes Schedule

Dm_Jys8U0AIEZh7.jpg

Green cells are simply a count of days rest. Red cells highlight situations where a team will be playing tired: 2/2 - 2 games in 2 days 3/4 - 3 games in 4 days 4/6 - 4 games in 6 days 5/7 - 5 games in 7 days 6/9 - 6 games in 9 days

Edited by gocanes0506
  • Like 1

Overall seems pretty internally balanced. I'm always interested in the rest/fatigue thing vs other key teams. Assuming I'm reading that thing right.