The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
OBXer

Needed A New Bench Boss

I don't know coaches really, but Patrick O Sullivan on XM had a lot of good things to say aobut Vigneault about and suggested he'd be who he'd hire first if he were an owner. And while the Rangers had an off year this year, the previous years they seemed to do better than their talent.

I hope TD is not going to try to be cheap with the coach as was reported with the GM. I would imagine Vigneault would have to take a significant pay cut to come here from NY.

Here’s an approach-GM-Coach and players all get paid an amount based on W-L-T or better yet base it on points-goals scored ...you know for each goal scored Kids and community gets 100.00 well for every goal scored you get X amount - for every win you get X amount and if you lose -? you pay the fans LOL

It would be a win/win ??‍♀️

‘If you want the job-here’s the terms ?

Whatever is figured out-hope they do it before October -it’s already a long summer ?

Edited by Pkling40

I love how BP made clear on his way out the door that he thinks the new GM deserves to pick his own coach.

If Dundon names an HC first, we'll know all we need to know about who is really GM. The fact that he is always in a Canes cap and windbreaker - even in his pic on the Executive Management page - I gotta be honest, it freaks me out a little.   

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Pkling40 said:

Here’s an approach-GM-Coach and players all get paid an amount based on W-L-T or better yet base it on points-goals scored ...you know for each goal scored Kids and community gets 100.00 well for every goal scored you get X amount - for every win you get X amount and if you lose -? you pay the fans LOL

Whatever is figured out-hope they do it before October -it’s already a long summer ?

Based on this, some of our guys would have probably qualified for food stamps.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Pkling40 said:

I've heard that some players have some bonuses in there contracts in case of reaching certain milestones in games played, goals or points. Capfriendly.com shows that some our guys might have them.

2 hours ago, caniac6 said:

Based on this, some of our guys would have probably qualified for food stamps.

Forget Moe's, the Kids & Community would've been set for life just based off of Faulk and Rask!

16 hours ago, top-shelf-1 said:

I love how BP made clear on his way out the door that he thinks the new GM deserves to pick his own coach.

If Dundon names an HC first, we'll know all we need to know about who is really GM. The fact that he is always in a Canes cap and windbreaker - even in his pic on the Executive Management page - I gotta be honest, it freaks me out a little.   

I haven't seen him wear anything else. Perhaps he's trying to keep the sweat in. ProForm Sauna Suit

18 hours ago, caniac6 said:

I hope TD is not going to try to be cheap with the coach as was reported with the GM. I would imagine Vigneault would have to take a significant pay cut to come here from NY.

He already to an involuntary pay cut.

One big potential plus involves Skinner. Something broke between Skinner and Peters. Maybe now it can be fixed and getting back Skinner a la 2016-17 would be a good thing.

• Like 2

On 4/22/2018 at 11:46 AM, remkin said:

One big potential plus involves Skinner. Something broke between Skinner and Peters. Maybe now it can be fixed and getting back Skinner a la 2016-17 would be a good thing.

If Skinner doesn't get traded I bet he gets back on track and won't be put on a third line with no help. Take that to the bank.

• Like 3

"The Checkers were down 2-0 going into the third period on Friday night. After the Checkers won in overtime a player told me that head coach Mike Vellucci's instruction and message to the team was masterful and went a long way towards helping a young team breathe easy and win the game. Over 20 years of head coaching experience comes in handy in the playoffs. " 

I am sorry but Brindy does not have this.  He has Player experience and that is just not the same thing.

Edited by cc
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, cc said:

"The Checkers were down 2-0 going into the third period on Friday night. After the Checkers won in overtime a player told me that head coach Mike Vellucci's instruction and message to the team was masterful and went a long way towards helping a young team breathe easy and win the game. Over 20 years of head coaching experience comes in handy in the playoffs. " 

I am sorry but Brindy does not have this.  He has Player experience and that is just not the same thing.

Playing devils advocate here, but then why didn’t that pay off for the Stars?  Or Rags?  Or...

Sometimes, years of coaching experience isn’t the answer...often times, the new guy can bring in the answers.

*Note: this wasn’t meant as a play for Rod.

I get that, your statement at the bottom of your posts does tend to indicate your support for Rod.  You have named several examples of coaches/teams where the veteran coach was not successful. Have those teams missed the playoffs for 9 years running?  I would suggest statistically speaking so called "rookie" head coaches would tend to struggle in the playoffs.  I would have to dig into the examples of them to support this of course.  And quite frankly I am too lazy to do so.  LOL

Dallas has admittedly been pitiful just not a pitiful as us.  Rangers is poor example IMO.

11 hours ago, legend-1 said:

Losing in the 2nd round's better then anything we've seen lately.

This.  People can joke about the Caps losing in the 2nd round every year if they want but man, they're making it to the 2nd round...

Edited by realmdrakkar
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, realmdrakkar said:

This.  People can joke about the Caps losing in the 2nd round every year if they want but man, they're making it to the 2nd round...

True that realm, but don't you think its just a matter of perspective, I mean Ground Hog Day is still Ground Hog Day? Like we use to say while running a marathon, Unless you're in the lead, the view never changes? Hahaha

Plus the Caps have one of the greatest goal scores of all time and an elite playmaking 1C to go with other studs in the line up and keep dominating the regular season. Expecations are part of people's reality.

That said, expecting to simply make the playoffs and missing 9X in a row, is admittedly worse.

Friedman on our coaching hunt

Carolina made contact with University of Denver head coach Jim Montgomery, but that doesn’t appear to be a likely scenario. No harm in asking. It’s probably Rod Brind’Amour or Mike Vellucci behind the Hurricanes’ bench

13 hours ago, realmdrakkar said:

People can joke about the Caps losing in the 2nd round every year if they want but man, they're making it to the 2nd round...

Yeah, but it doesn't stop me praying they lose BIG time.